1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Results of a healthy diet experiment and cost

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by username79, Apr 16, 2010.

1. username79

username79 Senior member

pix of stiff-loin

Probably save that for your profile on gay.com.

2. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

Probably save that for your profile on gay.com.

have you seen a therapist for your overt obsession yet?

3. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

look at all this frozen skirt-busting fat crap the butcher sliced 5 minutes before, right through the looking glass

[​IMG]

pay for your 40$ filet bro, it'll make you feel better on the internet

id hazard a guess that that steak came from a grain fed cow. not really what the OPs point is all about.

this is a thread about healthy paleo type eating and people are arguing over how good the fattiest cut from a selectively bred grain fed beast is[​IMG]

4. why

why Senior member

Worst threak on SF at the moment. I'm gonna hide for a while, have a few drinks, and hope it all goes away.

5. username79

username79 Senior member

Worst threak on SF at the moment. I'm gonna hide for a while, have a few drinks, and hope it all goes away.
    Pretty sure this is worse.
    have you seen a therapist for your overt obsession yet?
    Sounds like a question you should be asking yourself. I think you should PM the guy above, sounds like you could help each other out.

6. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

How does being offensive on the internet improve your life?

7. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

Looks like healthy eating does nothing for a shitty attitude. [​IMG]

8. username79

username79 Senior member

How does being offensive on the internet improve your life?
    It provides me entertainment. This thread was quite civil until a few members decided to express their tiny penis syndrome by specifying that the type of meat I consume is only for women, never eaten by chefs (bullshit), and that they eat much larger pieces of meat (whooptie-fuckin-doo.)
    Looks like healthy eating does nothing for a shitty attitude. [​IMG]
    Oh the guy with the room temperature IQ from the other thread, and I qoute:
    Allow me. Pasta is a carb overload; carbs are used for energy. What energy do you need while sleeping? End of discussion. Actually, for anyone attempting to maintain a lean physic pasta should be avoided. There is absolutely no reason your body needs that many carbs, unless you are preparing to run a marathon or something. And professional marathon runners are hardly concerned with a lean physic, as they are already emaciated.
    Enough said.

9. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

id hazard a guess that that steak came from a grain fed cow. not really what the OPs point is all about.

absolutely, you could tell by the color of the fat, and of course the price wouldnt support free range grass feeding.

eschewing the ethics of feeding ruminants grain, keeping on taste, the barbecuing circle by large favors grain fed for its higher fat content. you'll find in a lot of blind taste survey show preference for grain fed meats. ive had the grass stuff in tuscany, bsas, etc... source of cows diet is 2ndary to the cut and preperation as far as im concerned

10. username79

username79 Senior member

absolutely, you could tell by the color of the fat, and of course the price wouldnt support free range grass feeding.

eschewing the ethics of feeding ruminants grain, keeping on taste, the barbecuing circle by large favors grain fed for its higher fat content. you'll find in a lot of blind taste survey show preference for grain fed meats. ive had the grass stuff in tuscany, bsas, etc... source of cows diet is 2ndary to the cut and preperation as far as im concerned

Agree here. Prefer the taste of grain fed beef.

11. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

prefer the taste of grass fed. just depends what you are used to - the majority of the meat produced where i live is pasture fed.

also, although it has less fat i prefer the flavour of the fat.

plus the health benefits are undeniable.

12. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

It provides me entertainment.

This thread was quite civil until a few members decided to express their tiny penis syndrome by specifying that the type of meat I consume is only for women, never eaten by chefs (bullshit), and that they eat much larger pieces of meat (whooptie-fuckin-doo.)

Oh the guy with the room temperature IQ from the other thread, and I qoute:

Enough said.

Must lead a boring life, eh? At least when when I have a differing opinion i'm not an e-asshole [​IMG] Keep copying and pasting brah!

13. username79

username79 Senior member

Must lead a boring life, eh? At least when when I have a differing opinion i'm not an e-asshole [​IMG] Keep copying and pasting brah!
    Allow me. Pasta is a carb overload; carbs are used for energy. What energy do you need while sleeping? End of discussion. Actually, for anyone attempting to maintain a lean physic pasta should be avoided. There is absolutely no reason your body needs that many carbs, unless you are preparing to run a marathon or something. And professional marathon runners are hardly concerned with a lean physic, as they are already emaciated.
    Eh, I'm bored now.

14. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Living in the country and not being afraid to get my hands dirty has it's benefits. For the most part I grow or kill everything I eat. In terms of quality I doubt anything you buy at the store/market is better than what I eat everyday and I know where all of it came from. Another benefit of putting some time into what you eat is the cost. I basically eat for free.

Learn how to hunt and fish. Find somewhere to plant a garden. You'll eat well and save a boatload of money.

15. milosz

milosz Senior member

Sustenance fishing in Texas would mean living on bass, perch and catfish.
    I'll stick to tuna and salmon.

16. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Sustenance fishing in Texas would mean living on bass, perch and catfish.
    I'll stick to tuna and salmon.

You can catch Crappie, any number of tasty sunfish species along with trout in Texas.

17. Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels Senior member

man, why are you guys being so critical over this and trying to chop this guy down? it's his life, it's his diet, it's his choices and preferences. i dont see the need to be arguing and hating here.

anyway, username. good job man. that's great that you set a goal and went for it, and succeeded. must feel great to know its paying off. i hope one day i can learn to have a healther diet and lifestyle.

18. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

man, why are you guys being so critical over this and trying to chop this guy down? it's his life, it's his diet, it's his choices and preferences. i dont see the need to be arguing and hating here.

anyway, username. good job man. that's great that you set a goal and went for it, and succeeded. must feel great to know its paying off. i hope one day i can learn to have a healther diet and lifestyle.

It has nothing to do with being critical or hating on anyone. I personally think it's ludicrous to spend 11K a year on supposedly healthy food per person. It's done in rural America everyday for a lot less money and that's without gardens, hunting or fishing. Plain and simply people get caught up in things that really make no difference in food quality and then buy into it lock stock and barrel at ridiculously inflated prices.

As far as having a healthier lifestyle and diet is concerned that's not rocket science either. All that is required is a little common sense and knowledge.

19. J'aimelescravates

J'aimelescravates Senior member

Living in the country and not being afraid to get my hands dirty has it's benefits. For the most part I grow or kill everything I eat. In terms of quality I doubt anything you buy at the store/market is better than what I eat everyday and I know where all of it came from. Another benefit of putting some time into what you eat is the cost. I basically eat for free. Learn how to hunt and fish. Find somewhere to plant a garden. You'll eat well and save a boatload of money.
    This is great and quite the luxury. You know exactly what you are putting in to your body (and it's FRESH!) unless you have one of those Conagra chicken farms [​IMG] But really, I wish I could do this

20. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

This is great and quite the luxury. You know exactly what you are putting in to your body (and it's FRESH!) unless you have one of those Conagra chicken farms [​IMG] But really, I wish I could do this

The thing is most people can do at least part of what I'm doing. You can grow tomatoes and a few pepper plants on an apartment patio. Most people can find a place to at least go fishing once in a while. Others might be able to go deer hunting locally without spending an arm and a leg. Almost any city dweller can take a drive out to a rural area and find out who is raising good cattle and make a deal to buy half a steer. While they are out there it's not hard to find a real farmers market with whatever happens to be in season produce wise at bargain prices.