• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Results of a healthy diet experiment and cost

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I was just trying to offer my opinion.
frown.gif
I don't think you're a girl.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to pile on, but I'm not a fan of filet mignon either. I love a ***** steak.

Also, good on you for the change in diet and strength. In particular the bench; 205 @ 5X5 is solid at that weight. I'm almost your twin @ 6'2" 163lb and I would hard pressed to get more than a rep in at 205.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
A more subtle version of the F150 driver who makes fun of the M3 driver at a gas station because he "can't haul cargo" and "drives a little car." Stupidity mixed with insecurity.
I love that sort of argument. I remember someone basically trying to assert that he was better than I because, since I am skinny, I could not "fireman carry someone out of a dangerous situation" and therefore was doing a disservice to everyone for not working out so I could be able to do so. I was just like ??? I'm not a fireman
eh.gif
Small town life
facepalm.gif
No concept of what's important to them might not be important to me.

Lowndes

Reaction score
Speaking of steaks and game my all time favorite is elk. Personally I find that it tastes much better than beef, is extremely healthy, and pretty cost effective if you dust off your rifle and shoot it yourself.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not that I'm hurt by the opinions, it's that I find them asinine and surprisingly stupid considering the demographic of this forum. For some reason steak appears to elicit chest thumping, homoerotic size comparisons, and baseless gender associations from otherwise (seemingly) highly educated individuals. Your post is a rather humorous case study in unsolicited one-upmanship and pretension. Insecure much, but why?

A more subtle version of the F150 driver who makes fun of the M3 driver at a gas station because he "can't haul cargo" and "drives a little car." Stupidity mixed with insecurity.

Interesting.

Your being surprised that on a male-dominant forum there are strong opinions about red meat does say a lot about your naivete and stupidity.

one-upped, bro.
musicboohoo[1].gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
Very nice restaurants, in fact. Everyone has a different opinion and I simply expressed mine and that of many chefs. I certainly can understand that you dislike ribeye, but I love the full flavors of ribeye. I have an AOS in Culinary Arts, a BS in Food Service Management, and a Masters in Hospitality Management. I put 15 years into high-end restaurants and I've been a chef-instructor for the past 15. In addition, I'm a certified chef with the American Culinary Federation. Those qualifications means nothing in regards to whether or not you or I like beef tenderloin, but I can say from experience that most chefs wouldn't be caught dead ordering filet mignon in a restaurant. I've cooked & sold plenty of filet mignon. It's easy to cook, easy to sell and makes a great presentation, but I always considered the person ordering a ribeye, skirt, or hanger steak to be a real beef fan. Again, I'm not knocking what you like, just letting you know most chefs aren't huge fans of filet mignon. This is from Anthony Bourdain: They also think they’re going to impress [chef and Top Chef judge] Tom Colicchio with filet mignon. Any chef who has been in the business for any length of time is just bored to death by filet mignon. To see people use that as an ingredient over and over again, they lose points right away. You can see Tom die a little whenever anybody uses it. I'm not suggesting Anthony Bourdain is any type of super-chef, but he's brutally honest.
ehh... again I really must question exactly which chefs you're referring to and what kind of circles you're operating in. At least the people I've worked for, all french, mind you, and quite enormous in stature (if that matters), are not afraid to use it and quite enjoy it. I can also name several chefs who cook with it often. I mean, watch any show with Gordon Ramsey in it and I think you're libel to see a filet once every 3 or so episodes. In any case, eat whatever the hell you want. My tastes as far as a rare piece of meat runs leaner than most people's, and I know that. I can't say I'm the biggest steak fan ever either, but then again most steak fans are quite big, so I'd also not be that way. I've extolled my love of Bison, which I'm actually far more likely to buy than beef at this point. It has a sort of meaty spice to it that I really enjoy and of course, it is quite healthy. Keep in mind I eat duck probably twice a week, some type of braised lamb/pork at least once a week, foie, and at least 2 deserts, so I'm not health freak.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yet another dick measuring contest. In more ways than one.
ffffuuuu.gif

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Yet another dick measuring contest. In more ways than one.
ffffuuuu.gif

I forgot. I should also mention that as someone blessed with a *********, that the resulting weight loss has made it even more ridiculous in proportion to my body. I used to get "umm..wow" now I get more .. "holy..f..WTF..how?"

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
******** is only average sized. I'm okay with it. Still works right.
Do you speak Spanish? My friend just forwarded me a cool chef wanted posting, but a requirement is being able to speak Spanish in addition to English.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******** is only average sized. I'm okay with it. Still works right.

I mean I could see how this would be considered a dick measuring contest but it bothers me that some people would assert so confidently that no one likes filet steaks (then quoting Bourdain of all ******* people... granted he did allow that he is not super chef - very right on that one). It just isn't true, but whatever.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Do you speak Spanish? My friend just forwarded me a cool chef wanted posting, but a requirement is being able to speak Spanish in addition to English.
Mi español se mejora cada dÃa pero es no exactamente allà todavÃa. I probably butchered that, thereby proving what I was trying to say.
Originally Posted by SField
I mean I could see how this would be considered a dick measuring contest but it bothers me that some people would assert so confidently that no one likes filet steaks (then quoting Bourdain of all ******* people... granted he did allow that he is not super chef - very right on that one). It just isn't true, but whatever.

You know how I feel on Bourdain. I almost feel foolish to be on the same side as him.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mi español se mejora cada dÃa pero es no exactamente allà todavÃa. I probably butchered that, thereby proving what I was trying to say.
It's a head chef position at an American restaurant opening in Buenos Aires. Interested? You get to hire people build the kitchen and menu and ****.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
It's a head chef position at an American restaurant opening in Buenos Aires. Interested? You get to hire people build the kitchen and menu and ****.

laugh.gif
Way above my head man. I can barely cook. Thanks for the heads up though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads