• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing GT

mrbojangles928

Reaction score
Hello all! this is my first post here, but i have been lurking around for a while as i need denim advice for my first pair of premium raw denim (went with new standards based on the quality-price ratio advice from the forum and absolutely love them!). The forum has been a great learning tool for me and now im looking for some new boots. I bought a pair of bed stu deputys because i was low on cash and found them for 50 bucks on a sale, but only in a size 13 which doesnt quite fit right, so now they are just a temporary solution to keep my feet warmer than converse. I really like the red wings and have noticed the gentleman traveler cited in a lot of posts. Problem is my funds are extremely low due to my textbook costs this semester. So, what id like to know is, will these ever go on sale say, in the spring or summer? or are they one of those items that never seems to do so? also, i usually wear a 13 in shoes (12 in chuck taylors) so i was wondering what size would be ideal for me to order when they are on sale, or when i save up enough of my menial Gap salary to pay full. Thanks in advance for any advice! i hope this breaks my posting cherry and i can contribute more to the forum.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get the same size as your chucks for Red Wing GTs.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Be sure to go to SierraTradingPost through the link at the top of the screen if you choose to look for boots there.

"help support the forum by buying through these links to our affiliates:"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads