• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mens skincare - red inflamed skin (suggested creams and routine)

ollyw7

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently joined the forum so any advice is much appreciated.

I have always suffered from bad skin, usually eczema which has caused a lot of discomfort throughout my life. I cant count the amount of times I have tried numerous different creams to solve red areas etc. This post is mainly focused on my face and I am struggling to find a good routine to keep my face moisturised and not red.

I usually use Aveno and general non chemical products such as Teatree but i still find myself with red patches around my eyelids and general colour disfiguration in my face.

Has anyone gone through a similar experience to myself and has any suggestions on the best creams to use to get rid of the redness and general dryness of the face?

Many thanks, looking forward to your responses :)

Olly
UK

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Have you gotten advice from a medical professional? Our young son (~12 months) had a few bouts of eczema, mainly on his legs. Ped gave us an Rx cream that helped clear it up in less than 48 hours. He still suffered from stretches of red, irritated skin; not that it's abnormal for a child of his age but we wanted to do everything we could to help our little man.

A big improvement for our entire family was adding a whole-house water filtration system. I am not up to snuff on public water systems in the UK but in the US suburbs the water can have some foul additives: chlorine, iron, fluoride, etc. Who knows what else is in there that may irritate your skin.

I could not believe how noticeable an improvement it was after our first showers, our first loads of laundry, etc. I became a skincare aficionado after that. The system was $150--very reasonable--and cost $375 for a plumber to install it. I am usually a DIY person but I did not want to take any risks with a system attached directly to our water main. It's been worth every penny so far. We have to change the filters every six months.

As for facial issues, my wife used the facial serum linked below for a couple of years and I've recently stolen it away. I love this stuff. After every shower or after a shave I will apply one small squirt of this on my hand; it's plenty to cover the entire face. It's light and absorbs easily into your skin. I am not sure if they ship to the UK but I'm sure you can find similar products available to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads