• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me an Earl Grey Tea

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get much of my tea from this place: http://www.la-societe-du-the.com/

They are very helpful and have excellent quality tea. They have a few earl gray blends that are very good and they can send you some custom blends that you can help design on your own. Ask for Tony if you call.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drank lots of the Earl Grey Impèrial from Mariage Frères when I was in Paris, absolutely love it.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't bothered with loose leaf tea in a long time and always drink Twinings Earl Grey bags - plebby but widely available. Every other brand tastes off to me, usually too much of a perfume taste.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is weird. I was going to post this exact question a few weeks ago. I didn't because I bought some of the above-mentioned Earl Grey Imperial from Mariages Freres. It is wonderful stuff.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
My favorite Earl Grey. I prefer it to Imperial. http://www.mariagefreres.com/boutiqu...T8005-F52.html
T8005.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I kinda go for Stash's Double Bergamot Earl Grey. Plebby but just right for me.

alterion

Reaction score
I love earl grey its probably my favourite "everyday" tea, especially with toast, or scones or crumpets - but, because its a flavoured tes, I honestly don't worry too much about what I am drinking (unlike "real" tea, where I am a proper purist). I have had the Mariages Freres above, and its certainly very nice, but usually on a daily basis for earl grey I don't sweat the source and I just take fortnum & mason's, M&S or even twinning loose leaf. As long as you are not drinking from bags, most of the big shops can provide a very satisfying cup of earl grey. Perhaps the best tip with EG is to ensure you store it properly in a true airtight flask - as the bergamot tends to loose flavour quite quickly, in most standard packages. Making sure you seal your earl grey well is the simplest and easiest way to ensure a good cuppa.

pgd3

Reaction score
For cheap stuff I really enjoy the Lady Gray sold by Trader Joes,

Otherwise some of the best stuff I've found comes in this grey box with the taj majal on the front. which is cheap.

Actually, of all teas, earl grey is probably the most safe bet for having a decent cup of tea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads