1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend a leather padfolio, and show yours

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stewartu, May 16, 2016.

1. stewartu

stewartu Senior member

Hey, i am looking for a good quality leather folio to hold a letter sive writing pad. This is a gift for a female work colleague so i dont want masculine. Frank Clegg makes a beautiful one but it goes for $375. My budget is no higher than $200.

Help me with some ideas. I know there must be some artisans around who make something classy and quality.

Thanks.

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

Yes, Frank Clegg.

It is unlikely that you will get what you have set your heart on for the money you want to pay. They are not good bed fellows.

3. lexxdeleon

lexxdeleon Senior member

I would say give etsy a try. There are many artisans there, and a lot of the items are made to order all by hand at very reasonable prices.

They have quite the selection to browse through, I think something like this would work well: https://www.etsy.com/listing/269143842/leather-xl-moleskine-folio-notebook

I'd look for something that uses vegetable tanned leather and saddle stitching. Very happy with my leather macbook sleeve I purchased from Capra Leather.