• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend a good (preferably cheap) frozen burrito.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by razl
...When I got paid, I'd go to Taco Bell and buy like 40, bring 'em home and put them in the fridge....

Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Wow. Did you get fat?

Actually, no. Even with the low quality of that as my primary (only?) food source, it was literally all I was eating (or damn near). Plus, my job was physical and I biked a lot.

Speaking of which, I do remember one point where I was ravenous because I was biking so much and eating so little and I realized that I had to cut back on my exercise because I couldn't afford enough food as fuel. Sad, but true.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
yes. back in the day. tacos and burritos and everything were 39 cents i remember that exactly. even sometimes they would go to 29 cents but i think that was del taco.

No, I think you're right in thinking it was Taco Bell Hell Smell. I vaguely remember "sales" like that - in fact, I think I bought an extra couple of burritos those 2 weeks
smile.gif

aguydude

Reaction score
No, I think you're right in thinking it was Taco Bell Hell Smell. I vaguely remember "sales" like that - in fact, I think I bought an extra couple of burritos those 2 weeks
smile.gif

how would the attendee react when you tell them that you wanted 40 burritos?

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
something is intrinsically wrong with this thread and the premise that there is such a thing as a good, cheap, healthy and frozen burrito
eh.gif

Shiny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Never thought I'd see Taco Bell and healthy in the same sentence.... the bean burritos are 25% fat and have a shitload of sodium in them. You'll be far better off buying some whole wheat tortillas and making your own burritos at home....

Caloriecount gives taco bell burritos a B+. That's pretty good for fast food IMHO.

http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...burrito-i56066

Anyway, thanks for the tips thus far. I don't have publix, but I'll be on the lookout for the Patio brand. Where do you get those Amys/cedar lane ones? If it's at Whole foods, forget it. I'm not gonna pay $3 and change for a burrito.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
yes. back in the day. tacos and burritos and everything were 39 cents i remember that exactly. even sometimes they would go to 29 cents but i think that was del taco.
Jeebus, how ******* old are you?!?!?!?! edit: I was going to recommend a Schwan's product I recall was pretty tasty, but their website is so ******* slow I can't, in good conscience, do so.

Kyoung05

Reaction score
Why not try making a slow cooker/crock pot of turkey chili and using that to fill up some flour tortillas?or, you could just buy cans of turkey chili and do the same.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, no. Even with the low quality of that as my primary (only?) food source, it was literally all I was eating (or damn near). Plus, my job was physical and I biked a lot.

Speaking of which, I do remember one point where I was ravenous because I was biking so much and eating so little and I realized that I had to cut back on my exercise because I couldn't afford enough food as fuel. Sad, but true.

I love it.

I was never this poor myself, but I find myself missing the time when I was.
Not as many cumbersome possessions, working a job physical enough that all you could do at night was drink, barely affording food and beer.

Shiny

Reaction score
Wanted to post a review of a cheap (.69) burrito of the "El Monterrey" brand. It was bean and cheese. the instructions recommended that you wrap it in wax paper when microwaving, but all I had was those bounty kitchen towels. Thus, the burrito kinda stuck to the tortilla.

Anyway, the burrito tasted ok. It was more beans than cheese. Kinda bland. Could have used some spicy pace picante sauce on it. I would give it a 3/5 stars (for the price). the price was regular price so I think you can get these for 3 for $1 or at least .50 on sale. The burrito had 380 calories.

I may post other reviews of other burrito brands...

Shiny

Reaction score
Here's another review: This time it's the Casa Mamita burrito. Again, bean and cheese. About the same as the Monterrey brand; maybe a few notches below. The price was right, though, .35 @ Aldi's.

Note to self: need to invest in a good salsa for the office fridge. That would improve these burritos substantially.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads