• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These the ones?
0418682077133_500x500.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Just bought this
L0KASH02WH_01.jpg
from yesstyle, I need a new slim fitting white shirt as I've outgrown my last one (ah the dangers of slim fits when you're a personal trainer :$). First time in my life I think where I've bought a "medium" instead of a small.

KBW

Reaction score
bought a pair of rag and bone rb6's earlier today in charlotte

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
Just picked this up at Zara earlier today, it looks a bit like an Engineered Garments jacket that I'd been wanting for a long while.

This is a 40 which is on the verge of being to small (hard to button) but the 42 is on the verge of being to big and looking sloppy when it's unbuttoned. Being southern california I went with the 40 assuming I'd have it unbuttoned more often then not, opinions?

jacket1.jpg

jacket2.jpg

Looks great, I'd buy that fo sho.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pic of my recent pickups..
5x8esmx.jpg
Johnston&Murphy, H&M, Marmot
68m41ub.jpg
Franck Muller

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I've never understood why people buy watches from clothing companies. It's like buying condoms produced by Coca-Cola or a canoe from Honda; sure they may work, but why not just buy something from a company known for their experience in the field?
confused.gif

exactky my thoughts..

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I've never understood why people buy watches from clothing companies. It's like buying condoms produced by Coca-Cola or a canoe from Honda; sure they may work, but why not just buy something from a company known for their experience in the field?
confused.gif

Originally Posted by knucks
exactky my thoughts..

Well, this is not entirely true. For example, Ralph Lauren has licensed the Richemont group to make luxury watches for that brand. While it's true that Ralph Lauren himself probably has no business designing watches, the fact is he doesn't design the watch. Some company under the Richemont group umbrella designs the watch. Ralph Lauren has the final say, and has input on some of the appearance, but the licensed company does the rest.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I was about to say that. While the Ralph business is so huge I wonder in terms of clothing and everything else what actually comes from his own design thought in other cases a fashion company is "designing" a watch rather than producing it.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joe E Taleo
Well, this is not entirely true. For example, Ralph Lauren has licensed the Richemont group to make luxury watches for that brand. While it's true that Ralph Lauren himself probably has no business designing watches, the fact is he doesn't design the watch. Some company under the Richemont group umbrella designs the watch. Ralph Lauren has the final say, and has input on some of the appearance, but the licensed company does the rest.
It still reminds me of watches you can get K-Mart that say "Jordache" that are made by Armitron.

bant

Reaction score
Pic of my recent pickups..
5x8esmx.jpg

Johnston&Murphy, H&M, Marmot
68m41ub.jpg

Franck Muller

nice watch there - where'd you get that? hope you didn't dip too far into the college fund

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
68m41ub.jpg

Franck Muller

I hope you didn't drop $6K+ on that thing...

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=018 in the mail. Made in ireland, great fit and quality. I cant belive people are letting sweaters like these go that cheap...

Picked up a made in iceland sweater/cardi in a thriftstore yesteday aswell.Super thick wool and metal buttons on the front. Like 10$. I dont even dare to imagine how expensive it would be to get new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads