• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

minya

Reaction score

Visvim Newton II, brown suede

Spruce tee, 52/48 cotton/poly blend, flecked kelly green

Spruce hoodie, 78/22 blend, flecked tiger purple

The purple hoodie is by far the nicest hoodie I've ever owned. I don't know if past-season tiger fleece Spruce hoodies were cotton/poly blends, but this one is, and it fits simply incredibly. It's stretchy and squishy, so I can wear it tight yet still breathe normally. I'm gonna buy another.

tangerine

Reaction score
Nice buys, minya. Why no love for the TabascoÂ
?

The Visvims and hoodie are especially nice.

Other than the Styleforum hoodie I ordered, the only things I've bought have been some charcoal grey Chuck Taylor hi-tops and a black cafe racer jacket from Aero that hasn't arrived yet. I'll post pics when it does.

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
Nice buys, minya. Why no love for the TabascoÂ
?

Tapatio

the Visvims are really, really nice. I've always had a lust-on for the Newton 2's but seeing them in person really clinched it. Insanely comfortable, to boot, which is always a plus.

seen

Reaction score
Niceeeee. Where'd you get the hoodie and the visvims in the t dot?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya

The purple hoodie is by far the nicest hoodie I've ever owned. I don't know if past-season tiger fleece Spruce hoodies were cotton/poly blends, but this one is, and it fits simply incredibly. It's stretchy and squishy, so I can wear it tight yet still breathe normally. I'm gonna buy another.

The F/W 2005-2006 tiger fleeces were 80/20 cotton/poly. Very comfortable. It's hard to get a heathered effect (though doable) on a 100% cotton garment.

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
The F/W 2005-2006 tiger fleeces were 80/20 cotton/poly. Very comfortable. It's hard to get a heathered effect (though doable) on a 100% cotton garment.
Awesome. That's good to know. The stretchiness rocks

seen: I picked them up at Nomad.

tangerine

Reaction score
Aero jacket arrived today, pics as promised:

It can stand up by itself
:

Gotta go roll down the Jones St. hill, break it in.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Fuck me, that jacket is beautiful. I'm officially incredibly jealous.

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
Tangerine, where'd you get that jacket? Does it come in brown?

A.

aeroleatherclothing.com

Yes, they make it in brown.

Saucemaster, thank you. I am very happy with it.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Aero jacket arrived today, pics as promised:

It can stand up by itself
:

Gotta go roll down the Jones St. hill, break it in.

WOW... how heavyweight is the leather? Is it horsehide?

I was just thinking I would like to get a more wearable cafe jacket. My Vanson (AZ) is still, a year later, very stiff and not too loungeable.

tangerine

Reaction score
j, yes it is horsehide, and it is heavy as a mofo. When I first put it on I could barely move. Like a suit of armor.

It's loosening up a little but I don't think it will be "loungeable" for a while yet. I have never owned a Vanson but I have seen a few and I think this is comparable, if not heavier.

I think aero does make a lighter (mid-weight) horsehide version, though, as well as steerhide and goatskin versions. I suggest you contact Mark Moye at [email protected], he is the US rep for Aero and he can help you out. He's a good guy.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
j, yes it is horsehide, and it is heavy as a mofo. When I first put it on I could barely move. Like a suit of armor.

It's loosening up a little but I don't think it will be "loungeable" for a while yet. I have never owned a Vanson but I have seen a few and I think this is comparable, if not heavier.

I think aero does make a lighter (mid-weight) horsehide version, though, as well as steerhide and goatskin versions. I suggest you contact Mark Moye at [email protected], he is the US rep for Aero and he can help you out. He's a good guy.

Very nice. I checked out the Aero stuff when I was in Japan and it was amazing. The horsehide was about as thick as mine (competition weight Vanson) but I have a feeling it will take longer to break in as it seemed a lot denser. It was also priced around $1000 for a jacket like yours.

BTW, do you ride? Also can you sit down with it zipped up? Mine is cut a bit long in the front and poked me in the junk while I rode until it finally loosened up. I still intend to get the zipper converted to a double zipper so I can unzip the bottom a bit while riding/sitting.

minya

Reaction score
Holy crap that's a nice jacket, tangerine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.