1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minya

minya Senior member

[​IMG]
    Visvim Newton II, brown suede

[​IMG]
    Spruce tee, 52/48 cotton/poly blend, flecked kelly green

[​IMG]
    Spruce hoodie, 78/22 blend, flecked tiger purple

The purple hoodie is by far the nicest hoodie I've ever owned. I don't know if past-season tiger fleece Spruce hoodies were cotton/poly blends, but this one is, and it fits simply incredibly. It's stretchy and squishy, so I can wear it tight yet still breathe normally. I'm gonna buy another.

2. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

Nice buys, minya. Why no love for the Tabasco├é[​IMG]?

The Visvims and hoodie are especially nice.

Other than the Styleforum hoodie I ordered, the only things I've bought have been some charcoal grey Chuck Taylor hi-tops and a black cafe racer jacket from Aero that hasn't arrived yet. I'll post pics when it does.

3. minya

minya Senior member

Nice buys, minya. Why no love for the Tabasco├é[​IMG]?
    Tapatio [​IMG]

the Visvims are really, really nice. I've always had a lust-on for the Newton 2's but seeing them in person really clinched it. Insanely comfortable, to boot, which is always a plus.

4. seen

seen Senior member

Niceeeee. Where'd you get the hoodie and the visvims in the t dot?

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

The purple hoodie is by far the nicest hoodie I've ever owned. I don't know if past-season tiger fleece Spruce hoodies were cotton/poly blends, but this one is, and it fits simply incredibly. It's stretchy and squishy, so I can wear it tight yet still breathe normally. I'm gonna buy another.

The F/W 2005-2006 tiger fleeces were 80/20 cotton/poly. Very comfortable. It's hard to get a heathered effect (though doable) on a 100% cotton garment.

6. minya

minya Senior member

The F/W 2005-2006 tiger fleeces were 80/20 cotton/poly. Very comfortable. It's hard to get a heathered effect (though doable) on a 100% cotton garment.
    Awesome. That's good to know. The stretchiness rocks [​IMG]

seen: I picked them up at Nomad.

7. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

Nice hoody, how much did it set you back?

8. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

Aero jacket arrived today, pics as promised:

[​IMG]

It can stand up by itself [​IMG] :

[​IMG]

Gotta go roll down the Jones St. hill, break it in. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Fuck me, that jacket is beautiful. I'm officially incredibly jealous.

10. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Tangerine, where'd you get that jacket? Does it come in brown?

A.

11. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

Tangerine, where'd you get that jacket? Does it come in brown?

A.

aeroleatherclothing.com

Yes, they make it in brown.

Saucemaster, thank you. I am very happy with it.

12. j

j Senior member

Aero jacket arrived today, pics as promised:

[​IMG]

It can stand up by itself [​IMG] :

[​IMG]

Gotta go roll down the Jones St. hill, break it in. [​IMG]

WOW... how heavyweight is the leather? Is it horsehide?

I was just thinking I would like to get a more wearable cafe jacket. My Vanson (AZ) is still, a year later, very stiff and not too loungeable.

13. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

j, yes it is horsehide, and it is heavy as a mofo. When I first put it on I could barely move. Like a suit of armor.

It's loosening up a little but I don't think it will be "loungeable" for a while yet. I have never owned a Vanson but I have seen a few and I think this is comparable, if not heavier.

I think aero does make a lighter (mid-weight) horsehide version, though, as well as steerhide and goatskin versions. I suggest you contact Mark Moye at aeroleatherusa@aol.com, he is the US rep for Aero and he can help you out. He's a good guy.

14. j

j Senior member

j, yes it is horsehide, and it is heavy as a mofo. When I first put it on I could barely move. Like a suit of armor.

It's loosening up a little but I don't think it will be "loungeable" for a while yet. I have never owned a Vanson but I have seen a few and I think this is comparable, if not heavier.

I think aero does make a lighter (mid-weight) horsehide version, though, as well as steerhide and goatskin versions. I suggest you contact Mark Moye at aeroleatherusa@aol.com, he is the US rep for Aero and he can help you out. He's a good guy.

Very nice. I checked out the Aero stuff when I was in Japan and it was amazing. The horsehide was about as thick as mine (competition weight Vanson) but I have a feeling it will take longer to break in as it seemed a lot denser. It was also priced around $1000 for a jacket like yours. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, do you ride? Also can you sit down with it zipped up? Mine is cut a bit long in the front and poked me in the junk while I rode until it finally loosened up. I still intend to get the zipper converted to a double zipper so I can unzip the bottom a bit while riding/sitting.

15. minya

minya Senior member

Holy crap that's a nice jacket, tangerine.

16. justlurkingthanks

justlurkingthanks Senior member

Yes, Aero makes one beautiful jacket. But the horsehide is motorcycle grade and can be uncomfortably stiff even after breaking in. I'd recommend the goatskin as a tough yet wearable skin, unless you are planning to be in a situation in which you might end up skittering your back on pavement.

17. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

...BTW, do you ride? Also can you sit down with it zipped up? Mine is cut a bit long in the front and poked me in the junk while I rode until it finally loosened up. I still intend to get the zipper converted to a double zipper so I can unzip the bottom a bit while riding/sitting.

Thanks j. I don't ride. I just like vintage and vintage-styled moto togs. I also have a vintage 70s highway patrol jacket. I used to have some 70s Chippewa engineer boots, I wish I'd kept them. They were pretty beat up though, I wore them for years.

The Aero jacket is pretty short, so I don't have the problem of the front poking me.

minya, thanks!

18. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

I would kill for that jacket... So i better not be seeing you around tangerine or your mine and so is that damn jacket.

19. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

^ either that, or I get your 'Canes. [​IMG]

Seriously though, thanks.

20. nairb49

nairb49 Senior member

tangerine-unbelievable

that leather looks gorgeous, can't imagine how well that is going to age!

congrats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.