1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

GS didn't have a chance; DSQUARED2 chartered a jet and showed up at the store, shoulderblocking his way to the denimz

and he wasnt wearing a shirt either

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

3. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Earnest Sewn's half-selvage jeans have that.

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Just bought this [​IMG] from yesstyle, I need a new slim fitting white shirt as I've outgrown my last one (ah the dangers of slim fits when you're a personal trainer :$). First time in my life I think where I've bought a "medium" instead of a small.

5. KBW

KBW Senior Member

bought a pair of rag and bone rb6's earlier today in charlotte

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Just picked this up at Zara earlier today, it looks a bit like an Engineered Garments jacket that I'd been wanting for a long while.

This is a 40 which is on the verge of being to small (hard to button) but the 42 is on the verge of being to big and looking sloppy when it's unbuttoned. Being southern california I went with the 40 assuming I'd have it unbuttoned more often then not, opinions?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks great, I'd buy that fo sho.

7. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member

Pic of my recent pickups.. [​IMG] Johnston&Murphy, H&M, Marmot [​IMG] Franck Muller

8. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member

I've never understood why people buy watches from clothing companies. It's like buying condoms produced by Coca-Cola or a canoe from Honda; sure they may work, but why not just buy something from a company known for their experience in the field? [​IMG]
    exactky my thoughts..

9. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior Member

I've never understood why people buy watches from clothing companies. It's like buying condoms produced by Coca-Cola or a canoe from Honda; sure they may work, but why not just buy something from a company known for their experience in the field? [​IMG]

exactky my thoughts..

Well, this is not entirely true. For example, Ralph Lauren has licensed the Richemont group to make luxury watches for that brand. While it's true that Ralph Lauren himself probably has no business designing watches, the fact is he doesn't design the watch. Some company under the Richemont group umbrella designs the watch. Ralph Lauren has the final say, and has input on some of the appearance, but the licensed company does the rest.

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

I was about to say that. While the Ralph business is so huge I wonder in terms of clothing and everything else what actually comes from his own design thought in other cases a fashion company is "designing" a watch rather than producing it.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Well, this is not entirely true. For example, Ralph Lauren has licensed the Richemont group to make luxury watches for that brand. While it's true that Ralph Lauren himself probably has no business designing watches, the fact is he doesn't design the watch. Some company under the Richemont group umbrella designs the watch. Ralph Lauren has the final say, and has input on some of the appearance, but the licensed company does the rest.
    It still reminds me of watches you can get K-Mart that say "Jordache" that are made by Armitron.

12. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Distinguished Member

Jordache is NOT a clothing company, take your heresy somewhere else.

13. bant

bant Senior Member

Pic of my recent pickups..
    [​IMG]
    Johnston&Murphy, H&M, Marmot
    [​IMG]
    Franck Muller

nice watch there - where'd you get that? hope you didn't dip too far into the college fund

14. whacked

whacked Distinguished Member

[​IMG]
    Franck Muller

I hope you didn't drop $6K+ on that thing...

15. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Distinguished Member

I just got http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=018 in the mail. Made in ireland, great fit and quality. I cant belive people are letting sweaters like these go that cheap...

Picked up a made in iceland sweater/cardi in a thriftstore yesteday aswell.Super thick wool and metal buttons on the front. Like 10$. I dont even dare to imagine how expensive it would be to get new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.