• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The point you're making now bears no relation to your claim that the skinny suit in question " will be one of those extreme looks that we look back upon with laughter in years to come." In fact, your photo and video have proven rather the opposite -- that the suit silhouette in question has endured in style decades later while other, far more dubious styles have come and gone.
Unless you think the skinny suit and the bell-bottoms are equally ridiculous, in which case we probably can't help you.

I do not believe you will be able to provide and precident for the statement that the super skinny suit sillouette has indeed endured decades of respect. Rather it is merely a fashion look that has come and gone and is now back again. There is quite a difference between looking back into the past and pulling out a singular example of a particular point in time and labeling a classic simply because it existed once before.

My point is EXACTLY that the super skinny suit with 2' cuffs and derby work boots is as ridiculous as bell bottoms and platform shoes. In that it is a particular combination that has not been previously done and is an extreme from the mean. Only the mean is classic.

BTW, I don't recall having asked for your help, although thank you for your kind offer.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gdot, I agree with you on the boots, they don't work with the suit at all. As far as looking back and laughing, I don't think that will happen. Skinny suits have been a favourite in the mod community since the sixties, and is still considered quite cool. They seem to come into, and go out of, fashion in cycles, but they´re never really gone.
Being a fan of that kind of music I will probably always have a soft spot for the whole aesthetic connected with it, even though I don't wear my clothes that slim.

By the way - were you ever into Jai? I loved his mod look and that CD 'Heaven' was one of my favorites of that year (1997). I think his look inspired the last time I went in for a VERY slim look. That's been nearly 15 years ago.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Belt and suspenders on those glasses - looks like a half eaten tootsie roll

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice outfit, pretty much ruined by an over-flowery square and this silly glasses thingy.

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory -- Coco Chanel

Last edited:

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The pocket square looks like an athletic sock

Ammanas

Reaction score

Very nice indeed..

I believe we've seen this before, and it was pointed out the glass-rope was attached to the wrong side of the frames, rendering it useless functionally...it's fine with function, but as an affectation? silly.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ agree, I think this was post before (or some variation of this)... anyhow, conclusion was something along the lines of trying way to hard... not cool...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads