• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed...

Could be also the pose on that particular picture.

agreed - he has his arms pulled back slightly.

personally i'm not so wild about the current trend of cutting suits so tight that a guy can't eat a pea or move a fraction of an inch without disrupting his fit. but i do acknowledge it is THE current look.

in any case it's a fine look.

IsteRed

Reaction score
There was a photo of checked double breasted jacket with leather elbow patches in this thread,where is it i can't seem to find it?

rjsphd

Reaction score
Like one button suits and slant pockets, but not shirts with that wide a spread. I find them visually distracting.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know, this might be old as hell, it may even have been posted here before. I found it floating around at Tumblr and liked it though. It's not perfection, and I think that's what appealing with it.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

personally i'm not so wild about the current trend of cutting suits so tight that a guy can't eat a pea or move a fraction of an inch without disrupting his fit. but i do acknowledge it is THE current look.

As a short (or short-ish appearing) man of 5'9, I'm pretty thankful for it; the more traditional, more 'correct', options have a way of emphasizing all the wrong qualities. I just hope the trend lasts a bit longer than most here predict. :laugh:

Last edited:

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, he just forgot to leave one unfastened. Sprezz Master Level 11.

Actually I think this is one of those when both bucles should be fastened unless of course you have reach sprezz master level 11 in which case you leave the top one unbucled; but as you and everybody in SF knows when you reach sprezz master level 12 you actually go back to fasten both bucles and also use collar stays, ha...:D

Last edited:

DaBatMan

Reaction score

agreed - he has his arms pulled back slightly.

I can slightly agree with this. Although it's the current trend, it actually is aesthetically pleasing in some cases. I myself prefer more of fuller cut but one that’s not draped off it’s wearer. This looks fine to me except for the aforementioned pulling at the button (which looks like is caused by body position at time of photo) and the choice of shoes with this fit IMO!

Like one button suits and slant pockets, but not shirts with that wide a spread. I find them visually distracting.

I honestly don't find that spread offensive at all. To each his own.

I don't know, this might be old as hell, it may even have been posted here before. I found it floating around at Tumblr and liked it though. It's not perfection, and I think that's what appealing with it.

Do Not Like Those Elbow Patches.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love elbow patches.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
07-19-11-056.jpg

07-19-11-061.jpg[img]

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?