Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aj_del, Feb 24, 2010.

1. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

The last pic with the guy and the girl, looks like a Jcrew suit on an old guy.

That's Brian Ferry. He's often hit and miss sartorialy. I see him now and then in Soho.
    Mind you - when you wrote this song - you can wear whatever you like in my book:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

2. Brogued

Brogued Senior member

the windowpane and pinstripe suits look to costumey/apparel arts for me. The rest of the stuff is marvelous, elegant but seemingly extremely comfortable. great color cordination also. The last pic with the guy and the girl, looks like a Jcrew suit on an old guy.

3. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

That's Brian Ferry. He's often hit and miss sartorialy. I see him now and then in Soho.

He's also a Rubi client.

4. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

He's also a Rubi client.

that suit is badass.

I really love the pic of the two guys walking out of the hotel, idyllic style.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't know, I think they look costumey and all of their clothes generally look too big.

6. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

Don't forget this one (from the same series on Will's blog), which is my personal favorite of the bunch: [​IMG]

7. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

So just the one outfit then?

the donegal suit, the two sportcoat looks are great. The windowpane suit in the pic with the other guy in the pinstripe suit is OK, not something I would wear but assuming it's not orange or something, it works for him.

The Brian Ferry suit, in that pic, doesn't look too flattering

8. ndw

ndw Senior member

I don't know, I think they look costumey and all of their clothes generally look too big.

^I have to disagree. WHile I wouldn't personally wear many of the pieces, as whnay said "idyllic style." These guys are just plain bad ass. Further, I think the cut is impeccable and would like all of my clothes to fit like this - not too big at all. Slim fit is overrated in my book.

I also actually really like the Brian Ferry's look (but for the low rise) and that is something I would wear all day long.

Don't forget this one (from the same series on Will's blog), which is my personal favorite of the bunch:

[​IMG]

I definitely didn't forget it, I had already posted it and didn't want to be redundant but is worth requoting.

9. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

The two brothers dress well, but its kind of sad that they hire a professional photographer and strike these affected poses, just so they can send their pics in to Will. A little ridiculous.

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

^ Like our taking photos for Styleforum isn't ridiculous? I think we've all gone way past the point of no return on this one. It's just a matter of degree after that... [​IMG] It's great seeing the Churchwell brothers photos. I love the loose - but still correct - fit on both of them. Some brave retro fabric choices too. Simply marvellous.

11. ndw

ndw Senior member

The two brothers dress well, but its kind of sad that they hire a professional photographer and strike these affected poses, just so they can send their pics in to Will. A little ridiculous.

I didn't realize that was the case, but Iam cool with it. Their clothes look fitted, yet absolutely comfortable..

12. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

[​IMG]

I think the shirt cuff is a perfect detail for his style - but i couldn't pull it off.

13. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

I think this looks stupid, to be honest.

14. comrade

comrade Senior member

The guy must be on 200 grands a week... And his wife is earning quite a good living too..
    Yes. After I posted I learned from other posts that he was a "somebody" As a provincial Yank, I thought he was just another "chav", as you guys put it

15. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

^ Like our taking photos for Styleforum isn't ridiculous? I think we've all gone way past the point of no return on this one. It's just a matter of degree after that... [​IMG] It's great seeing the Churchwell brothers photos. I love the loose - but still correct - fit on both of them. Some brave retro fabric choices too. Simply marvellous.
    [​IMG] and happy to admire I like their audacity, but a retro look, no matter how awsmly done, when unleavened with a bit of playful irony can look too staged and stagnated