• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kenka is probably the best Japanese and also one of the weirdest restaurants I have ever been to.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe I just have different taste, I have not found a single good szechuan restaurant in NYC, a few mentioned (including the ones I mentioned) are passable to ok, but non are good or remotely close to great.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

Saw Manton this morning on his ride to work.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
^ HoF post.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Maybe I just have different taste, I have not found a single good szechuan restaurant in NYC, a few mentioned (including the ones I mentioned) are passable to ok, but non are good or remotely close to great.

NYC is a little rough when it comes to Chinese food, but there is some passable stuff. Apparently the "great" stuff is out in Flushing, but nobody wants to travel to Flushing.

where NYC is really hurting is with Mexican food.

Last edited:

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
NYC is a little rough when it comes to Chinese food, but there is some passable stuff. Apparently the "great" stuff is out in Flushing, but nobody wants to travel to Flushing.

The mexican here is terrible. And I still dont understand how people can pay like 3 dollars for a taco and be ok with it....

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Paris has awesome Chinese food.

The mexican here is terrible. And I still dont understand how people can pay like 3 dollars for a taco and be ok with it.... 

Kind of sick of hearing New Yorkers (especially ones who are from the south originally) hating on mexican food. Honestly the difference between the best I have had and the worst isn't that large. I will say the best I have had is Mesa Coyacan in Williamsburg and I still never go out of my way for it.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Kind of sick of hearing New Yorkers (especially ones who are from the south originally) hating on mexican food. Honestly the difference between the best I have had and the worst isn't that large. I will say the best I have had is Mesa Coyacan in Williamsburg and I still never go out of my way for it.

it's nowhere close to LA though when it comes to awesome Mexican food. i gorged on that ****.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The cuisine, in general, I don't go out of my way for. It just gives me an immediate negative physical reaction. It is also caloric as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads