• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RB6-Active Endeavors

sosoma

Reaction score
I ran through the entire 22-page RB thread, and didn't see much about these pair of RB6 "Rigid" jeans from Active Endeavors. From the price ($216) I figure they are non-selvage, but I presume they are still very high-quality denim, correct? Also, I had seen conflicting info about the denim weight--does anyone know for sure what oz. it is? And these are one-wash, just slightly more broken in than dry denim?

http://www.activeendeavors.com/produ...&pfid=AED15166

<Edited to add--I checked the RB website out and saw info on the weight of the denim, but there were several RB6 versions listed there and I can't tell from the AE website which one they are offering.> < I also saw about the # of washer for each style and I presume 4-5 washes will still leave these jeans pretty stiff, just not Nudie level>

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're dry, washed, but not selvage. Use the 20% coupon and they're a pretty decent price for really well constructed jeans. I'm not sure the weight, but I think they're 11oz.

s2kong

Reaction score
i have a pair of RB6-0165. Seems like a standard 5 pocket straight leg with a dark indigo color. The denim is 13.75 oz from the tag. They come pretty stiff but loosened over the past 2.5 weeks of wear.

You are right about dry, 1wash, non-selvage. Nice details like the leaf on the rivets, Rag &amp; Bone name on the top button fly, hidden backpocket rivets. With the 20% coupon, should be a nice buy. I believe they are treated with resin or sanforizid, so shrinkage and color loss should be minimal (someone correct me if I am way offbase here).

I like them so far.

sosoma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by s2kong
i have a pair of RB6-0165. Seems like a standard 5 pocket straight leg with a dark indigo color. The denim is 13.75 oz from the tag. They come pretty stiff but loosened over the past 2.5 weeks of wear.

You are right about dry, 1wash, non-selvage. Nice details like the leaf on the rivets, Rag & Bone name on the top button fly, hidden backpocket rivets. With the 20% coupon, should be a nice buy. I believe they are treated with resin or sanforizid, so shrinkage and color loss should be minimal (someone correct me if I am way offbase here).

I like them so far.

Thanks for the feedback. Should I expect them to stretch much?

sosoma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by polystyrene-man
what happened to the AE coupon, seems to have gone?

I don't know about the AE coupon here. I found one through google (try googling revolve clothing discount, one of the first links has a ton of discounts)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We dropped Active Endeavors as an affiliate. They had not paid their affiliate fees (which help Styleforum) for as far back as June. I had a conversation with the CEO, Drew Davis, in September, about the situation. He assured me that he was personally taking care of the situation, and I never heard from him again. I emailed and phoned him many times, and never recieved any reply.

Active Endeavors did a lot of business off Styleforum members, and greed and blatant disrespect for the forum are the only reasons I can think of for their not paying their commission. None of our other affiliates, many of them much smaller and with much smaller web presences, seem to have a problem keeping their accounts in order.

Some of our other affiliates carry similar brands to Active Endeavors. I would try those first. DenimBar (Mauro, that's you, man) will be an affiliate, and I am working on some others as well. Mauro and Joey_formal are both members of the community, and I would urge you to take your business for brands like Rag&Bone to them, rather than supporting a business (Active Endeavors) which has essentially *********** forum.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
We dropped Active Endeavors as an affiliate. They had not paid their affiliate fees (which help Styleforum) for as far back as June. I had a conversation with the CEO, Drew Davis, in September, about the situation. He assured me that he was personally taking care of the situation, and I never heard from him again. I emailed and phoned him many times, and never recieved any reply.

Active Endeavors did a lot of business off Styleforum members, and greed and blatant disrespect for the forum are the only reasons I can think of for their not paying their commission. None of our other affiliates, many of them much smaller and with much smaller web presences, seem to have a problem keeping their accounts in order.

Some of our other affiliates carry similar brands to Active Endeavors. I would try those first. DenimBar (Mauro, that's you, man) will be an affiliate, and I am working on some others as well. Mauro and Joey_formal are both members of the community, and I would urge you to take your business for brands like Rag&Bone to them, rather than supporting a business (Active Endeavors) which has essentially *********** forum.

Will do. I was actually looking for some jeans for my xmas wish list today. AE is out of the running for sure. What about revolveclothing? Were they dropped as well?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Will do. I was actually looking for some jeans for my xmas wish list today. AE is out of the running for sure. What about revolveclothing? Were they dropped as well?

Revolve is not an affiliate, but they have given us coupons, and I consider them a friend.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should use your know how to turn BiG into an affiliate :p hehe

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.