• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ratio Clothing - Custom Shirts - Official Affiliate Thread

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for asking! Yes, we have quite a bit in sample production now. We're a little late on our fall schedule (I won't bore you with the details), but we have also restocked some favorites and things from prior seasons. Check out here for some of our fall favorites:

- Eric

Eric, are those premium Italian oxford fabrics still in the pipeline? If yes, how's the weight on them compared to the standard campus oxford? Colors?

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eric, are those premium Italian oxford fabrics still in the pipeline? If yes, how's the weight on them compared to the standard campus oxford? Colors?

Yes, definitely! They are in transit right now. Weight on them is going to be very slightly lighter than the Campus oxford, but heavier than our Summer, All Season, and Monochrome oxfords. They are a 3-ply construction, so it's like your classic heavyweight oxford but with more refined yarns, if that makes sense?

- Eric

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, definitely! They are in transit right now. Weight on them is going to be very slightly lighter than the Campus oxford, but heavier than our Summer, All Season, and Monochrome oxfords. They are a 3-ply construction, so it's like your classic heavyweight oxford but with more refined yarns, if that makes sense?

- Eric

Yeah sounds like a no brainer. Glad I waited on buying a new blue. White, blue, white/blue stripe?

papado

Reaction score
Silly question--any reason most of your thomas mason fabircs have bold-ish patterns? My first order was the light blue houndstooth and once I get my remake back I'll likely order the roxford next as they have a little visual interest but resolve to solid blue. But when looking through the other TM fabrics they all aren't really something I would consider wearing with a tie (maybe the purple plaid can work with some simple navy ties); do you have plans to stock more solids/small stripes from TM for those of us who stay away from crazy shirt patterns with jacket and tie?

Happy to hear if you think some of your existing other fabrics are better choices for folks like me!

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Silly question--any reason most of your thomas mason fabircs have bold-ish patterns? My first order was the light blue houndstooth and once I get my remake back I'll likely order the roxford next as they have a little visual interest but resolve to solid blue. But when looking through the other TM fabrics they all aren't really something I would consider wearing with a tie (maybe the purple plaid can work with some simple navy ties); do you have plans to stock more solids/small stripes from TM for those of us who stay away from crazy shirt patterns with jacket and tie?

Happy to hear if you think some of your existing other fabrics are better choices for folks like me!

We'll definitely be adding more solids from TM. The Royal Oxford we carry from them has become a best seller for us (restocking soon in a few colors), and we're adding the aforementioned 3-ply classic oxfords. We'll probably round out the solids with their Royal Twill and maybe a high-end broadcloth to complement those. Those aren't on order yet, but I'll pass this note along to our product development folks to perhaps speed it along.

Do you have a favorite type of fabric in solids that you go for? (Broadcloth, twill, etc.) (We'd welcome feedback from folks here on that).

- Eric

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone -

Any Texans on the forums? We're going to be visiting Austin for Shop AF on October 19+20 and we'd love you to visit if you'll be in the area. Through this Sunday, you can get a FREE ticket ($5 value) here (code: RATIO19)

It's a great opportunity to get fitted in person by someone our team, and also see some things in person (fabrics, collars, and so on). If you're an existing customer, come say hi too! For existing customers, if you bring a friend and they make a first purchase with us at the event, you can each get 15% off an order while at the event.

Book a fitting slot with our team here >> (spots are limited, so please sign up early to reserve a spot with us).

Hope to see you in Texas!

Eric

CaptainApathy

Reaction score
When I Google for "ratio shirts blackwatch" the first link is for a nice Thomas Mason fabric in twill. But I can't find that same fabric through the Shop > Browse All or filter by fabric links.

I can add it to my cart, so doesn't look like a stock issue. Are there other "hidden" fabrics?

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When I Google for "ratio shirts blackwatch" the first link is for a nice Thomas Mason fabric in twill. But I can't find that same fabric through the Shop > Browse All or filter by fabric links.

I can add it to my cart, so doesn't look like a stock issue. Are there other "hidden" fabrics?

Thanks for checking on that. That's a great fabric. I just asked our fabric/inventory folks to check-in on this one for you. We had listed it as temporarily out of stock, but it's possible a physical inventory check found more before it was formally added back to the site navigation. Feel free to make the purchase, if you'd like.

Generally speaking, no, there shouldn't be any fabrics like that and a quick back-end search I did on my end didn't show any. Occasionally, there might be a slight lag in us checking-in more inventory before formally releasing a fabric back to the site via normal navigation.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FWIW I own this shirt and highly recommend it, if it’s available.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I always loved the Black Fleece OCBD, and decided to give these a shot. Excellent construction, fabric and buttons, but will likely wash/dryer dry to tweak measurements a bit. Is it best to include pictures of post-wash fit?

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I always loved the Black Fleece OCBD, and decided to give these a shot. Excellent construction, fabric and buttons, but will likely wash/dryer dry to tweak measurements a bit. Is it best to include pictures of post-wash fit?

Great to hear you like the shirt!

Yes, we definitely recommend at least one wash cycle before fully evaluating the fit. Photos are helpful, especially if you're not certain of the precise adjustments you'd like. In your order history within your account, you'll find a link to start the alteration process. Included in that process is a step to upload images.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Thanks,

Eric

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone --

Our team is sitting down over the next few weeks to discuss our future product development roadmap, both for seasonal product launches and everyday features. I'd love to solicit the community here for ideas:

- What features would you like to see in online custom clothing that are lacking in the marketplace?
- Is there a trend or style that you'd like to see represented in our collection?
- What non-shirt product do you have the hardest time finding a good fit?

Please let us know!

- Eric

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey Everyone --

Our team is sitting down over the next few weeks to discuss our future product development roadmap, both for seasonal product launches and everyday features. I'd love to solicit the community here for ideas:

- What features would you like to see in online custom clothing that are lacking in the marketplace?
- Is there a trend or style that you'd like to see represented in our collection?
- What non-shirt product do you have the hardest time finding a good fit?

Please let us know!

- Eric
FWIW those Taos stripe shirts are pretty great. Debating which/when I'll get one. Might make it a Christmas present.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads