• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does moleskin stretch and wear with use similar to denim or what?

edit:
Ugh

Non-wool fabric for trousers like cotton are really not flattering on me. The only time that I can remember is back when I wore Nudies, but that is different because the denim molds to your leg shape with each wear no to mention the beautiful fades... Nowadays I cannot buy cotton bottoms without odd creases, unclean lines due to the fabric being more rigid. This sucks. I guess to be more specific, fabric that will loosen up with wear or has an inherent characteristic of being light and flowy e.g. linen, silk, viscose(?), jersey cotton etc.

Christophe Lemaire makes some beautiful clothes btw. Fabric feels wonderful, thick, and construction is really well done. I think the silhouette of his trousers would fit a lot of guys here. Gradual taper but not aggressive. As seen in his lookbook for each season, the tailored bottom with thick knit or long, billowy coat is fantastic! Something majestic and romantic about the look... I am sad, I cannot wear your non-wool pants Mr. Lemaire :(

Luxire maybe the only viable option to get specific colors and have it done in a wool fabric.

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ELPsrCj.jpg

I raise you:

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Christophe Lemaire makes some beautiful clothes btw. Fabric feels wonderful, thick, and construction is really well done. I think the silhouette of his trousers would fit a lot of guys here. Gradual taper but not aggressive. As seen in his lookbook for each season, the tailored bottom with thick knit or long, billowy coat is fantastic! Something majestic and romantic about the look... I am sad, I cannot wear your non-wool pants Mr. Lemaire :(

I'm addicted to his jackets. Def need to give some trousers a try

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe... try it out and see. If you are under 5'9 then maybe not a good idea.

I say that only because I have learned to appreciate the style / cut the designer intended his or her garments to be like and it will either fit my body type or will not. Obviously minor things like taking in the waist or hem is fine, but when it comes to the seat need adjustment or you get a knee bulge etc. I just don't mess with it. Hell, even if it is too long and depending on the designer some here would suggest just rolling up the hems! If you I cannot fit into a certain aesthetic because the cut of clothing is too slim, big, short, long etc. I just walk away from it and admire from afar...

Certainly you can say how great the fabric is and I was trying to convince myself to keep something for that very reason, but it is a bit foolish.

einfallsloserName123

Reaction score

Some old CCP photos:

I know what they say, but if any native speaker would like to provide the translation, by all means please do!

I think my English isn't very good, but I give it a try. ^^

Space and time While it's genesis, in the studio the scenic designs for the Milan La Scala were painted. Today, the big loft, only seperated by shelves, has to fulfill countless functions, it is a showroom, workspace and warehouse all in one. In the foreground: The inner life of a Carol-Christian-Poell sport coat.

Narrow silhouette There aren't any photographs of Carol Christian Poell. Who doesn't meet him in person has to be content with the outlines of his figure. The model (here on the hook) is made from the same green paper as the patterns.

Last edited:

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think my English isn't very good, but I give it a try. ^^

Space and time While it's genesis, in the studio the scenic designs for the Milan La Scala were painted. Today, the big loft, only seperated by shelves, has to fulfill countless functions, it is a showroom, workspace and warehouse all in one. In the foreground: The inner life of a Carol-Christian-Poell sport coat.

Narrow silhouette There aren't any photographs of Carol Christian Poell. Who doesn't meet him in person has to be content with the outlines of his figure. The model (here on the hook) is made from the same green paper as the patterns.

Thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads