• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yoox prices are sometimes totally random, they usually don't reflect how old the items are
the guys from the "classic menswear" section of this forum could possibly know from which season this brioni jacket is

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After years of yoox shopping, I still can't determine any sort of rhyme or reason to their pricing.

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ just by coincidence i was just about to complain about yoox's pricing too. take this:
http://www.yoox.com/us/41360796XX/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=41360796XX&sizeId=4
i mean, ann d is way overpriced in any case, but a coat shouldn't cost $1500 on yoox.

i also want to try this pair of shorts out:
http://www.yoox.com/us/36409000QO/item?dept=#sts=dreambox80&cod10=36409000QO&sizeId=
but even if i considered my $200 credit free money it still doesn't really seem worth it for something so simple. the ****. i guess this is mainly geared at ann stuff but in general it's pretty bizarre how some things are priced on yoox.

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah i saw that on cnn.  also the woman standing next ot the analyst kept refering to "russian caucus" instead of caucusus.

funny thing is, anderson cooper was right next to them adn did nothing to correct them.

He was probably exhausted from having to correct everyone he interviewed and finally gave up.

Personally I think ya got to be a real muttonhead to confuse the Czech Republic with Chechnya. But then again some Americans do not understand the difference between Georgia (US) and Georgia (Europe), as in "HEY why does Georgia get its own team in the Olympics and Texas doesn't?"

An easy rule of thumb is that Georgia (US) has boiled peanuts and Georgia (Europe) is next to....Chechnya. Okay maybe that is not going to be the easiest rule of thumb for some people.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chairs without backs are dumb. just dumb.

definitely more for looks than comfort

We are in the room with the monkey (Francois Mitterrand's former office) sitting on Owens's Alchemist chairs—a triangular affair that he describes as "meant more for perching than for reading." (Halfway through the meal this becomes readily apparent.)

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

******* hell. dear fellow 'muhricans, look at a world map every once in a while, ok? http://www.economist.com/blogs/east...ens?fsrc=scn/tw/te/tr/bothcountriesstartwithc

Reminds me of that idiots on the streets segment Jay Leno had

Personally I think ya got to be a real muttonhead to confuse the Czech Republic with Chechnya. But then again some Americans do not understand the difference between Georgia (US) and Georgia (Europe), as in "HEY why does Georgia get its own team in the Olympics and Texas doesn't?"

To be honest it is no uncommon for non europeans (even some europeans) have no idea, where certain countries are, I can't even count the amount of time I've heard people say Denmark was the capital of Sweden or Ikea (pending on level of stupidity).

I've even had a brit say he thought Copenhagen was located in Finland. :facepalm:

Did anyone see the Anthony Bourdain in Myanmar program?

Last edited:

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right. the only thing I want to do on a stool is drink a beer. you perch on a stool. you sit in a chair.

your right b!cd. they're good posture uh chairstools out there sure, but those wood things he designed don't remind me of them.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
tell me a funny story please, sf :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics