1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zissou

zissou Senior member

You guys just wait. When East Dane can't clear out full size runs of Starks in odd colors at 70% off, you'll know you've hit rock bottom.
    Nah. I have a Naval and a Fisherman (of course). Starks have always reminded me too much of the Banana Republic knits I used to wear prior to joining SF. Can't go back. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    2 people like this.
  2. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

My Iron Rangers are my favorite boots.

And I own several pairs of boots that fall well into the "baller boot" classification.

3. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Have all of the above (cept Clarks DBs)

Permanent place in the wardrobe.

Forgot MMM size zips btw.

4. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The lightest Ventile is 180 grams per sq meter (6 Oz) while the heaviest is 300 grams (10 Oz).

The 10Oz(L28) is too heavy for pants. The L27, which is 9 Oz is probably the best option if heavy is preferred.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

@luxrie @dieworkwear
    thanks guys. Guess I should give them a miss then, they sound better suited for spring/summer.

6. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

9oz cotton is reasonably substantial. It's not like 9oz wool.

7. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

just got a sound ad about some stupid dumb girl who will have an awesome wedding dress or some shit

@LA Guy plx fix

1 person likes this.
  8. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

@hendrix I'm not looking to have a pair of pants made with a 9oz ventile, just found a couple pairs of pants that seemed to fit what i'm looking for that happened to be made out of ventile, which I have little knowledge of as a fabric. OAMC messaged me back and said it's 220gsm which is like 7oz according to them.

9. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Really? From the cottons I've handled under 10oz or so, they all felt pretty lightweight and thin.

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

One thing I will say is that Ventile is not a particularly breathable fabric.

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I always thought the SNS Fisherman was awesome, remember seeing @nicelynice wearing one zipped up around the neck under a suit or coat with the collar flaying open. Quite cool and elegant. Never understood the Stark...tempted a few times to pick it up because it does seem like a rather casual and robust knit to wear anytime. But one thing I realized is that every time I got on the SF bandwagon, I ended up never being quite satisfied. On the other hand, all the things I discovered on my own I really enjoy wearing a lot.

Thanks, Yoox!

On the contrary, I think CM is a little different because what you learn in terms of the various makers is more practical once you find something that is well fitting, both literally and figuratively.

^That jumpsuit is pretty cool. The day Lemaire makes one I'll be all over it.

12. jet

jet Senior member

weird i thought you did, doesn't remind me of anything else out there

13. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You would probably be aware, but, have seen people confuse the weight per square meter with the weight per linear meter. Most fabric rolls being 1.5m in width, the difference can be substantial.

So, 9 Oz per linear meter will be 6OZ per square meter. Sadly, there ain't standardization enough.

True. Not the best breathable option if waterproofing is not a requirement.

14. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Oh, right. Brisbane Moss uses per square meter, IIRC, which often causes confusion in the Unfunded Liabilities thread.

15. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

having a crisis over a coat i bought. really beautiful wool/silk rick owens coat that fits great and looks awesome, but it's got that minimal lapel and a strong shoulder (not fall 2010 strong or anything, just structured and sharp). i also passed on this yohji coat a couple months back and now i keep thinking about it, thinking i should've gone for that when i had the chance. the rick coat is very cool looking. maybe too cool with its angular tailoring. the yohji would've been softer, less severe, more relaxed, with a classic, timeless lapel. both are lightweight black long coats that the average 'murican male would probably think look similar. but it's all in the shoulders and the lapels, and i keep wondering which coat better represents me as a human being????

16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Depends on which shoulder you got - you're too friendly-looking to be a moody rick kid, I think.

4 people like this.
  17. pickpackpockpuck

exactly!

edit: though to be fair it's a pretty simple coat, which is the only reason i even considered it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  18. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

can i pass as a moody, emo devoa kid? :foo:

19. pickpackpockpuck

personally you strike me as a Philipp Plein guy

6 people like this.
  20. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i had to watch that video for that to make sense.

whywouldyoudothat.animu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.