• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was trying to explain the apeal of Japanese denim to a friend last night, and she just kinda laughed
frown.gif
Oh well, at this point I am used to being considered a little weird.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same 'need to meet more people' boat. Mind you my friends are pretty awesome and I'm lucky to have them, but a bit more fashion and music talk would be nice (hence where styleforum fills the void).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyf
no ****:
1) don't insult people you've just met, even if it's a quote from a movie
2) man up and see the movie yourself if nobody wants to go, maybe that would be a good place to meet people who are into Kubrick?
3) if you don't like the beer at a house party, bring your own ****
4) blasting a dude for not adhering to formal dress rules isn't a diplomatic way to start a discussion on fashion
5) besides the fact that it's possible pac sun had nice denim, the best way you can express your interest in selvedge is it "makes jeans much more expensive"??

step up your self game

There's something wrong with your approach, I think. People are genuinely interested when I tell them about fashion and about the forum. I think that, like a lot of things, with you approach the topic with enthusiasm, but know the boundaries of other people's interest, that you will get a better reception. Also, being nice, and not acting like a dick, is always a winner. If you are smart, funny, etc... that all comes out naturally. Saying stuff because you think it might sound cool in a movie never works.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
lulz. this gets +rep for me. same here -_-;

They love that fuckin plagooo video to the point where they'll agree to try out starcraft but runway jpgs just get some confused looks and insults

Oddly enough the one runways how that I have showed to non fashion people and impressed them was the very last (n)umber (n)i(n)e show with the face veils. but i have a sinking feeling all myf riends liked it because it was like final fantasy mages come to life ugh where did i go wrong in life to end up like this
frown.gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Pls tell me they at least like Cave Story. That could be a redeeming quality.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
^^Pls tell me they at least like Cave Story. That could be a redeeming quality.

It took me like 3 years to get my videogame friends to play it. couple dudes finally did and loved it, but these other two people I know just play iphone tower defense games and stupid xbox war games

I swear to god kids these days dont know a god damn thing about videogames and they better get off my ******* lawn or im going to throw a snes at them.

btw attention anyone who gets my avatar: play machinarium its one of the best games i've ever played and if you like indie games you will die its beauty
hires_Machinarium_namesti-noscale.jpg

anyways sorry about all this videogame **** mabye we should get back to clothes before some of the older kids come and give us wedgies for being nerds

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
i dont give a ****. i like "the" pixies. and +1 to the have you ever tried talking about "the" pixies without saying "the". Yeah the the isn't part of their name, but who gives a ****.

people around me don't even know sufjan stevens. the 1 girl i met that knew sufjan even lent me a murakami book i didn't want to buy (wind up bird), but i dunno, didn't really click with her.

i mean i shoot the **** with my friends all the time, but I hate it when for example I make a blatant reference to full metal jacket and people don't know what it is. this girl told me she was from texas and i asked **** you're from texas? only steers and queers are from texas! she got really offended really quickly. -_- i looked hella ignorant and people told me to stop being a hater that the world had changed and blah blah. or like this one time they were playing 2001 space odyssey (the one of three kubrick films i haven't seen) at the school theater and shoot me cuz nobody wanted to go (-_-;; i eventually watched it off of netflix
frown.gif
(((((( so sad)

i feel like a ******* nerd. like i like beer and occasionally scotch, but
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
every time we go to a party or to someone's house we get miller or keystone lite. i think it's maybe just the undergrads. at the graduate end of the week get together kind of thing, they always of decent beer like sam adams, sierra nevada pale ale, blue moon, stuff like that. -_-; but nobody's heard of trappist beers.

and **** clothes and fashion is one area i don't ever want to talk about anymore. i remember one time this one guy had a badly fitting white tux and a white bow tie ready to go to a formal and i told him white tie events require coattails that this **** isn't a mcdonalds menu where you can pick and choose and i got hella ****.

i think the final straw was when i was at the farmer's market and i saw a guy with selvedge peeking out of his cuffs (2nd time i've ever seen them near my school!) and i grew some cahoots and asked him where he got them, that his fades were really cool (they were!!). and he was like pac sun a few years ago and he asked thanks, but why? they're just jeans. -_-;;; i was so flustered (like wtf pac sun selvedge?) all i could think of was "well that one white line on your outseam makes jeans much more expensive". -_--;;;;;;;;;;;;; kill me please

i mean i dont give a **** about being indy or hipster or whatever. i just like good music, movies, beer, clothes. it just sometimes happens that the two circles overlap

this post is so wtf that i made the bisu face.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
anyways sorry about all this videogame **** mabye we should get back to clothes before some of the older kids come and give us wedgies for being nerds

will check out machinarium. i'm waaaaaay better at VGs than clothes...

irony that VG nerds will get wedgies from clothing nerds.
fight[1].gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
So I was going to consign a practically unworn pair of vintage (made in USA) Jack Purcells today, they offered me 4 dollars, and had planned on selling them for 9. I am glad they weren't trying to gouge me as they offered a fair price compared to their selling price and all... but really 9 dollars for a vintage unworn version of a shoe that retails for $65?

Wu Dynasty

Reaction score
Kids these days think they're hardcore gamers because they play Call of Duty, Halo, and Madden NFL. Get that **** outta here.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
So I was going to consign a practically unworn pair of vintage (made in USA) Jack Purcells today, they offered me 4 dollars, and had planned on selling them for 9. I am glad they weren't trying to gouge me as they offered a fair price compared to their selling price and all... but really 9 dollars for a vintage unworn version of a shoe that retails for $65?
Put 'em up on eBay. Deadstock made-in-USA Chucks go for triple digits sometimes. You may not get that much, but you'll sure as hell get more than four bucks.

slaani

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wu Dynasty
Kids these days think they're hardcore gamers because they play Call of Duty, Halo, and Madden NFL. Get that **** outta here.

If your clothing enterprises aren't hampered by your game-induced scoliosis, you aren't a hardcore anything

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to be a huge gamer, but now I almost want to sell my ps3 since it just sits there gathering dust. Need cash monies for clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads