Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

the little brian eno I have heard has been too ambient.

Look at his work for the first two Roxy Music albums, and his first two solo albums: Here Come The Warm Jets and Taking Tiger Mountain By Strategy. Also 801 and the Fairland Demos with Television.

3. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

^^^

there is so much stuff i need to expose myself to.

when i lived closer to the University of Nebraska i heard more stuff, the NPR station here only has a handful of non-jazz programming.

i have been buying up bargain records, just for new/different stuff to listen to. as lame as it may sound I have been listening to Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 all evening. but like I said I need to use Pandora more often and get over my frustration with Homers music stores.

4. APK

APK Senior member

There's too much love here for sweaters that look like something you might have to engage in fisticuffs with an elderly woman to secure possession of.

5. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

There's too much love here for sweaters that look like something you might have to engage in fisticuffs with an elderly woman to secure possession of.

the fight is half the fun

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

everybody knows my sweaters are the best

you guys don't even know about like half of my shit

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

PK you in AA ?

8. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Brian Eno - Another Green World is a fun listen and one of my favourite
    Brian Eno - Discreet Music is pretty interesting, only listened to it once and can only vaguely remember it but the memories I have are of the album name being very appropriate to the music and it being an overall good album.
    Harold Budd & Brian Eno - The Pearl is ambient but so pleasant I can't feel bad listening to it, like a beautiful score to an emotional movie.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i dont give a shit. i like "the" pixies. and +1 to the have you ever tried talking about "the" pixies without saying "the". Yeah the the isn't part of their name, but who gives a shit. people around me don't even know sufjan stevens. the 1 girl i met that knew sufjan even lent me a murakami book i didn't want to buy (wind up bird), but i dunno, didn't really click with her. i mean i shoot the shit with my friends all the time, but I hate it when for example I make a blatant reference to full metal jacket and people don't know what it is. this girl told me she was from texas and i asked shit you're from texas? only steers and queers are from texas! she got really offended really quickly. -_- i looked hella ignorant and people told me to stop being a hater that the world had changed and blah blah. or like this one time they were playing 2001 space odyssey (the one of three kubrick films i haven't seen) at the school theater and shoot me cuz nobody wanted to go (-_-;; i eventually watched it off of netflix [​IMG](((((( so sad) i feel like a fucking nerd. like i like beer and occasionally scotch, but [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] every time we go to a party or to someone's house we get miller or keystone lite. i think it's maybe just the undergrads. at the graduate end of the week get together kind of thing, they always of decent beer like sam adams, sierra nevada pale ale, blue moon, stuff like that. -_-; but nobody's heard of trappist beers. and fuck clothes and fashion is one area i don't ever want to talk about anymore. i remember one time this one guy had a badly fitting white tux and a white bow tie ready to go to a formal and i told him white tie events require coattails that this shit isn't a mcdonalds menu where you can pick and choose and i got hella shit. i think the final straw was when i was at the farmer's market and i saw a guy with selvedge peeking out of his cuffs (2nd time i've ever seen them near my school!) and i grew some cahoots and asked him where he got them, that his fades were really cool (they were!!). and he was like pac sun a few years ago and he asked thanks, but why? they're just jeans. -_-;;; i was so flustered (like wtf pac sun selvedge?) all i could think of was "well that one white line on your outseam makes jeans much more expensive". -_--;;;;;;;;;;;;; kill me please i mean i dont give a shit about being indy or hipster or whatever. i just like good music, movies, beer, clothes. it just sometimes happens that the two circles overlap

10. lovelysteve

lovelysteve Senior member

11. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

You need to separate e-peen fantasy from reality.

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i could care less about e-rep. just want to talk about something more than schoolwork, after school work, graduation plans, starcraft [​IMG], and girl problems. -_- need to meet more people

13. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

i could care less about e-rep. just want to talk about something more than schoolwork, after school work, graduation plans, starcraft [​IMG], and girl problems. -_- need to meet more people

lols you korean? i played starcraft freshman year its tough [​IMG] back to warcraft now

14. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

starcraft [​IMG]

It's sad that I feel LESS nerdy trying to talk to my friends about professional starcraft than I do trying to talk to them about clothing.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

It's sad that I feel LESS nerdy trying to talk to my friends about professional starcraft than I do trying to talk to them about clothing.

lulz. this gets +rep for me. same here -_-;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.