• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A$AP x Oki-Ni

That Paul Smith bomber (I just found out) looks amazing...and is sold out at oki ni....and is probably like the price of a small imported car anyway. But so nice. :embar:

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes doublemonks similar to these?

IMG

Last edited:

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well anyone seen double monks with similar level of ugliness? Anyway apart from the color I really like them

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sure the MC (CM?) Ask a Question thread could provide a zillion alternatives in as many price ranges. It seems to me that most MC shoe brands make something resembling that shoe.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MC shoe brands wouldn't make something that ugly. Maybe some Alfred Sargent MTO gone wrong?

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super, super banal rft:

I get the sense that many SF members (at least those who post frequently nuff in the swd sub-forum) aren't huge sports fans. That said, for those of you who are, I was just wondering what your protocol is re clothes at sports games. Throw on a jersey? shirt/sweater? hat with team logo? Considering how infrequently most users on here will dress for the sake of uniformity (as opposed to dressing in a personal uniform), I kinda wonder how seriously (or not) y'all take sportin' the team colors on game day.

/banal thoughts.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Team paraphernalia.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Super, super banal rft:

I get the sense that many SF members (at least those who post frequently nuff in the swd sub-forum) aren't huge sports fans. That said, for those of you who are, I was just wondering what your protocol is re clothes at sports games. Throw on a jersey? shirt/sweater? hat with team logo? Considering how infrequently most users on here will dress for the sake of uniformity (as opposed to dressing in a personal uniform), I kinda wonder how seriously (or not) y'all take sportin' the team colors on game day.

/banal thoughts.

Always a jersey as you should have your teams gear and it's a fing sports game

In the rare situation that If I'm watching a game and it's a more dressy situation (never happens in America fwiw) but in Europe I wore the scarf for the soccer team and maybe a tie in the colors

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also cleaning up my closet as I have a bit more times these days and I literally wear 3 gitmans and 1 thom browne shirt. Should I sell the rest of my shirts? Could use a thousand or two

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Super, super banal rft:

/banal thoughts.

I am big Braves fan so my favorite gameday wears are vintage Aaron/Cuban Negro League/Braves Alternate Road Navy (Martin Prado) Jersey, open with tank and old Margiela jeans. If its a home game I wear a "lucky" shirt. Seems playing baseball all my life has made me into one of those superstitious guys

Gave away my Prado Jersey today :( most of you have no idea wtf I am talking about

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it's any consolation, the consensus is that the Braves fleeced the DBacks.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although I've always thought Upton was a bit overrated, I would agree.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Yeah I am having a friendly discussion on the MLB thread about that

Martin wanted to test free agency apparently, so they would of had him for another year max, now they have Up Up and JHey guaranteed for 3 years and have risen up as challengers to the Nats and have gotten younger. Still sad to see my favorite player leave though, clutch as hell at the time when it was needed

If Martin does go to free agency then the Braves truly fucked over the Diamondbacks, it is also interesting how their fans reacted...pretty much pissed off. I kind of feel for them cause I know I hate seeing all that talent in Texas from the Texeira trade which the Braves traded away for what accumulated to nothing :brick:

Who to answer your question better I like and buy what comes out of Mitchell and Ness of Philadelphia. Quality Made in the US Vintage Jerseys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads