• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
They're short and slim. Probably something to do with your proportions, are you like a large because of broad shoulders or something?
I went medium, like I do with everything else Uniqlo, with both the v-neck and the crew. Compared to AA, Uniqlo is an extra ~2" longer.
Originally Posted by jwied82
i need to try some alt apparel t's. I have never really found the perfect basic (& inexpensive) t-shirt for me. The aa tri-blend in a size small fits me really well but its only available in crew-neck and the stupid deep-v.
I love the fit and feel of the tri-blend, too. Alt's fit is closer to the regular tees and not as slim as the tri.

Not that alt is blousey, just a bit "regular" than "slim."

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I went medium, like I do with everything else Uniqlo, with both the v-neck and the crew. Compared to AA, Uniqlo is an extra ~2" longer.

I love the fit and feel of the tri-blend, too. Alt's fit is closer to the regular tees and not as slim as the tri.

Not that alt is blousey, just a bit "regular" than "slim."

Try small shirts. Uniqlo is notorious for not really having consistent sizing I think anyways. If I wear medium then they're definitely boxy, small works for a great slim fit. Undershirts are a different story though.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Try small shirts. Uniqlo is notorious for not really having consistent sizing I think anyways. If I wear medium then they're definitely boxy, small works for a great slim fit. Undershirts are a different story though.
Too bad about sizing. When I was there last month there was hardly any Ms or Ss in most colors so I had to fit and dig just to get what I could. I'll keep that in mind when I go back in case I'm looking for some interesting colors.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Damn dude, this is the exact sauce I've used in all my thai cooking. Best **** ever, nice and hot.

I think I'm up to 20. Most wear these days is on the 2268s, Gordon Rush boots, and my blue suede Loakes. Once or twice a week I wear one of my dress shoes. I need to sell/trash a bunch of my ****.

hot sauce doesn't exist in japan, they can't handle anything that resembles spicy

sweet+spicy is the best combo ever. Luckily Korean fried chicken is that. Too bad it's pretty unhealthy. Funny **** is that whenever I go to any Korean place with spicy food, I'm eating as much as I can and the old ajumma will always ask if I will be ok and not die because they think white dudes can't eat anything spicy.

Unsurprisingly I like uniqlo's shirts the best. Comfortable and fit well.

I'm a big fan of "내내 chicken", it's boneless AND nyang-nyum, you can't lose. If they have them in Jeju, they definitely have them in Seoul. ****, I miss nyang-nyum so much
frown.gif
. You can only get bul-dalk here in China, but it's cheaper to fly to korea and eat it there.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Thats Shanghai I bet, not angry-communist bloc Beijing. :<

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
aegulus/eason do you guys secretly wish you were asian?
lol8[1].gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Hell no, the whites are the masters.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
uniqlo t-shirts have a nice fit for me. long, slim fitting, perfect shoulders, better than hanes, but muji t-shirts fabric is the best. my alternative apparel t-shirt fits way too short and the stitching started to unravel after two washes. someday i will cop w&h and n.hollywood

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
uniqlo t-shirts have a nice fit for me. long, slim fitting, perfect shoulders, better than hanes, but muji t-shirts fabric is the best. my alternative apparel t-shirt fits way too short and the stitching started to unravel after two washes. someday i will cop w&h and n.hollywood
Yeah Muji is great, fits amazing too but they want 30 bucks a shirt. **** that. Muji is amazing though because it is about the only place in Korea to get decent shoe trees without spending 100k. I wonder who the hell buys them other than me though, looking at the shoes everyone else is wearing.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
Haven't had quality issues from Alt after months of wear. Wears about the same as American if not better.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yeah Muji is great, fits amazing too but they want 30 bucks a shirt. **** that. Muji is amazing though because it is about the only place in Korea to get decent shoe trees without spending 100k. I wonder who the hell buys them other than me though, looking at the shoes everyone else is wearing.
Do the shoes there all still have some kind of creasing/folds for no ******* reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads