Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLester

DLester Senior member

I've resolved to subscribe to and read only threads that interest me and aren't completely overflowing with shit talking from guys who have no idea what they are talking about. WAYWT Discussion- nope. Recent Purchases- nope. Filson/Apolis bag- god no, but funny to see everyone whine.

So far, I have found 8 threads.

This is the best thread. It is like the teacher's lounge where the teachers go to smoke, bitch and escape the nuthouse for a while.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Anything vanity sized cannot be close to perfect..... (and APC denim is boring imo)

APC denim is boring, but that's part of it's charm. They go with nearly everything. Well, actually, Christine of 5EP and I had a long discussion about this a while back, and the truth is that there is a lot of red in the dye, so you can wear them with anything except for pronounced greens. 5EPs, on the other hand, have a distinctive green tint, so you can wear them with anything except for reds. So... you need 2 pairs of jeans that will go with anything in your wardrobe.

I really like Wings+Horns and RRL for go to, everyday jeans. RRL jeans fit great on any number of body types. I'm convinced that Ralph Lauren poached the best jeans pattern makers. The Slim Fit, the Straight Low, these are cut like no-one's bidness.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

I thought APCs charm was that having to size down 8 sizes makes you feel skinny

4. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

-_ wow this person cannot be for real. I think you're among the top 3 most awkward, socially unaware, and lacking in common sense people I've met/read about
    im neither socially unaware nor lacking in common sense, i do like being really awkward though because it makes everyone else awkward (irl).

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

APC denim is boring, but that's part of it's charm. They go with nearly everything. Well, actually, Christine of 5EP and I had a long discussion about this a while back, and the truth is that there is a lot of red in the dye, so you can wear them with anything except for pronounced greens. 5EPs, on the other hand, have a distinctive green tint, so you can wear them with anything except for reds. So... you need 2 pairs of jeans that will go with anything in your wardrobe. I really like Wings+Horns and RRL for go to, everyday jeans. RRL jeans fit great on any number of body types. I'm convinced that Ralph Lauren poached the best jeans pattern makers. The Slim Fit, the Straight Low, these are cut like no-one's bidness.
    OR just get a pair of pure indigo jeans without added pigment

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

cut him a break du is chinese, he's not genetically programmed to be able to make friends or not be a cock

Chinese and Persians have a lot in common then. First, we're both cheap people. Then this. One thing that's different - I know quite a few Persian women with mustaches, and very few Chinese men that can boast the same.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Chinese and Persians have a lot in common then. First, we're both cheap people. Then this. One thing that's different - I know quite a few Persian women with mustaches, and very few Chinese men that can boast the same.

haha. great comeback.

at ppllzz [​IMG]

8. Razele

Razele Senior member

I've resolved to subscribe to and read only threads that interest me and aren't completely overflowing with shit talking from guys who have no idea what they are talking about. WAYWT Discussion- nope. Recent Purchases- nope. Filson/Apolis bag- god no, but funny to see everyone whine. So far, I have found 8 threads.
    I have never seen anyone turn quicker as a group on anything as well accepted as Apolis before. Comparing Apolis to Design via D20 was pretty good though. We should all thank Kunky for this thread.

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Robbie-

Never tried 2xist. I'll look into to trying out a shirt.

10. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

APC denim is boring, but that's part of it's charm. They go with nearly everything. Well, actually, Christine of 5EP and I had a long discussion about this a while back, and the truth is that there is a lot of red in the dye, so you can wear them with anything except for pronounced greens. 5EPs, on the other hand, have a distinctive green tint, so you can wear them with anything except for reds. So... you need 2 pairs of jeans that will go with anything in your wardrobe.

I really like Wings+Horns and RRL for go to, everyday jeans. RRL jeans fit great on any number of body types. I'm convinced that Ralph Lauren poached the best jeans pattern makers. The Slim Fit, the Straight Low, these are cut like no-one's bidness.

I wish the 5ep people still made and sold denim on a regular basis, their green-tint denim is some of the coolest and most unique that I have seen. Tried finding a pair of new size 34 5epXsf jeans for like a year to no avail, ended up getting a pair of the ldbs just to have the denim, but they are harder to wear than I expected with the bootcut and all. Really wish they would fire production back up.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I wish the 5ep people still made and sold denim on a regular basis, their green-tint denim is some of the coolest and most unique that I have seen. Tried finding a pair of new size 34 5epXsf jeans for like a year to no avail, ended up getting a pair of the ldbs just to have the denim, but they are harder to wear than I expected with the bootcut and all. Really wish they would fire production back up.
    IF you can find it somehow, old RRL will satisfy your sweet tooth for green.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

At least in their raw state they seem a bit awkward with blacks imo (most blacks that is)

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I've been wearing Muji V necks for awhile now, since I'm waiting on some new Hanes in the mail from my mom. haha. The Mujis have great fabric, construction, but the V neck is too high, it vees barely into my collarbone, no lower than a crewneck. I gotta button my buttonups all the way to the top to not show tee shirt, and my leather jacket looks kinda stupid with the tab collar covering the neckhole on the Mujis.
    Gonna have to stick with the Hanes, they're the perfect length and width for me in size S, for at least 3-4 washings, they're crap but they will do. The neckline is the right size as well.

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

At least in their raw state they seem a bit awkward with blacks imo (most blacks that is)

I guess that is true, but I wouldn't call it awkward, but I am not a huge nitpicker about denim. I do prefer Dior Homme's kinda seagreen undertones when the denim fades to a really powdery cornflower color for matching to blacks, but that match is kinda given.

15. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I miss all you can eat/drink fillet mignon/sushi/scallops with nice wine for less than $20 in China.

Fuck. I'd kill for all you can eat (decent) sushi around here. I love sushi but it takes like 4 rolls to get kinda full. When rolls cost $5-7 for simple ones (spicy tuna or something simple like that) and $10-18 for fancy ones that can get pricey as hell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.