• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I almost never bother with even checking DC information because its only real purpose is proof that the recipient actually received the parcel. You can kind of track its whereabouts until that happens, but it's almost always outdated, even when there's additional information provided.
Most people don't understand that there's a difference between a tracking number and DC number, which is understandable since the USPS doesn't go out of its way to let patrons know this. Still, it's a pain if you sell a decent amount online because that means more emails with from people who aren't getting sufficient information when they look up the DC number and subsequently are convinced you've conned them out of like 14 bucks.

I just thought that DC was USPS's lazy version of tracking. Their "arrived at (insert city)" has always been decent enough for me to gauge when it would be delivered, but I've noticed lately that their DC has gotten worse for updating. It sucks cause USPS is my favorite to use for shipping, UPS and Fedex are expensive and nowhere near as fast.

Anyways, RFT: I don't know why young dudes like brogues so much. When I'm on campus and I see a dude wearing brogues, it ends up being the most try-hard looking thing ever. I guess that's an extension of the whole "dress your age" philosophy.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Recommend me a nice printer for my imac where I can do photos too if I want thanks gents.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was introduced to the Alfred Sargent Lombard as an alternative to Tricker's country boots today:

Lombard%2B011.JPG

Lombard%2B014.JPG

Lombard%2B030.JPG

Look like terrific shitstompers.

Last edited:

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Recommend me a nice printer for my imac where I can do photos too if I want thanks gents.

I've had nothing but good things to say about my HP Photosmart Premium. Can do photos and documents. I do recommend if you print a lot of b&w pages (documents, spreadsheets, etc.) to get the XL black print cartridge, and if you print a lot of photos (or color documents) get the XL color ones too.

edit: I believe the current version is the c310a.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Welcome to the AS club fok.

Thanks krish, am looking at epson and canon as I tend to not like hp but will check it out.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep no problem. I've actually never had any other printer but HPs... maybe I've just had great luck but none of my printers have died on me; they just got too old.

good luck on your search.

I was going to say something about winter coats, but decided it would be more prudent to go to the winter coat thread instead. I've already come to the conclusion that if I were to get a down jacket (à la Moncler), it would probably look best with denim. However since I plan on wearing a lot of heavy twill chinos this winter, perhaps it might be wiser for me to get a Toj peacoat instead. I've searched around the usual haunts online to find something maybe a little more versatile, but I'm thinking a down vest & Toj peacoat this season, and pick up a down jacket next.

(I know that Moncler's not one of the forum darlings, nor is it particularly edgy or envelope-pushing in its styling or cut. Just using it as a well-known example)

Last edited:

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man you guys catch on late, I had some Alfred's ages ago

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
we talkin bout shitkickers dawg not mc wear

krish crescent down works fucamoncler

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
right nobody explores the country boots

holy **** i ******* want these for streetwear **** aldens

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vass are super nice, and the price reflects that.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

we talkin bout shitkickers dawg not mc wear

krish crescent down works fucamoncler

Eh they are the same man, they are nice shoes/boots accross the line

The construction is really nice and probably best in thier price range, the lasts are really nice IMO

RE MC: No one really looked at AS on there either until awhile ago man

Vass are awesome and I'm going to order some next year, probably copy Fuumski Boot :embar::embar:

Edit: Vass arent really that expensive, at least the prices I get arent that bad, roughly similar to C+J USA retail, way better then Alden IMO

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't really care about AS non-boots personally, but I will say the boots are dope.

Never cared for any vass lasts just can't get behind any of them and the problem with F is the vertical height between the vamp and the toe which the alden barrie had down for a chunky shoe. That wingtip I posted is nice but it's almost confused in purpose.

Personally if I were going full mc I would be full British rake or whatever the **** the only lasts I feel could support this are made by lobb and c&j though they are on different levels obviously. As far as clothing, there would be lots of patterns, odd jackets and shirts/ties would all have either some soft orange, green, blue, purple, yellow colors about them along with texture, no muddled earth tones or bright colors. I would be dandy as **** in other words none of this neapolitan bullshit.

Last edited:

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't really care about AS non-boots personally, but I will say the boots are dope.
Never cared for any vass lasts just can't get behind any of them and the problem with F is the vertical height between the vamp and the toe which the alden barrie had down for a chunky shoe. That wingtip I posted is nice but it's almost confused in purpose.
Personally if I were going full mc I would be full British rake or whatever the **** the only lasts I feel could support this are made by lobb and c&j though they are on different levels obviously. As far as clothing, there would be lots of patterns, odd jackets and shirts/ties would all have either some soft orange, green, blue, purple, yellow colors about them along with texture, no muddled earth tones or bright colors. I would be dandy as **** in other words none of this neapolitan bullshit.

Re: F last, I think I like the U last better, which is the more rounded one IIRC. Double / Single monks on that last were amazing IMO.

Im probably going to sell most of my margiela sport coats and start getting MTM from the same guys phatguido goes through in Melbourne. FIrst suit will be a navy one for my wedding next year. I'll wear with C+J and Vass MTO easy. I'm more navy / grey / charcoal suiting, lots of flannel, blue / navy knitted ties, rep ties, some printed ties, pretty much classic english (I live in Australia anyway lol). Im pretty restrained with streetwear and same for MC, I dont really like italian soft tailoring anyway, much more like structured english. That goes back to being Australian and Im suprised your the same way (Most americans like the soft stuff becuase of trad influences)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads