1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Distinguished Member

Hah, yeah dude. I've mentioned my wife on here before too. That a surprise?

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i always assume everyone here is 22 single just out of college babyface killa until i am informed otherwise

you know what they say about assuming........

3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Distinguished Member

Hah, yeah I hear ya. It's a pretty safe thing to assume around here. But I'm actually 30. And I gotta say, I don't miss my 20s at all.

4. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

damn you stalkin' me bro :(?!

5. Ivwri

Ivwri Distinguished Member

+1

also an easy way of showing that I am out of the 20s bracket as well. Heh. 31 and married here.

6. miran

miran Senior Member

how old are you, shahishah?

I don't think you can assume everyone is 22....you can guess some people though based on their thoughts. my guess is reedobandito is pretty young...less than 20 and completely naive. jet is probably my age...just turned 30. eason is probably a bit older than me...33. Stanley van Buren is old enough to be my grandfather.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011

7. zissou

zissou Distinguished Member

I received my first order from MR PORTER, and the amount of packaging was ridiculous. As I was removing layer upon layer of material to get to my hat, I realized that I'd never be able to repack it. Maybe they do that to avoid returns?

8. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Distinguished Member

I think they're trying to position themselves as the premier luxury online retailer, there's only so many ways you can do that. One is crazy packaging.

9. robin

robin Stylish Dinosaur

The Mr Porter packaging is a carryover from the women's netaporter operations - selecting the option for basic packaging cuts down on some of that though you still end up with a lot. That said, the white boxes they include with certain items are nice to have around sometimes.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

^I was just thinkin boutchu the other day

I don't think you'd like the arms which are branded but I like some gaudiness in my shades as long as it's artfully done.

11. zissou

zissou Distinguished Member

I laughed because I did select basic packaging, and it was very elaborate. My first thought, though, was "hmmm, nice box."

12. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

How long have you guys been stuck on "electronic info received" when tracking usps priority? Sold some shit to this ebay dude and he is freaking out cause it's been 2 days since I dropped it off and the tracking is stuck there. Normally for me it was next business morning, but lately they have been slow on it. Just want to calm my fears for the off chance that it might have been lost or some shit.

13. APK

APK Distinguished Member

Is it a tracking or delivery confirmation number? If it's the latter, that shit is barely updated from starting point to destination, so it's not uncommon for that message to appear for many days.

14. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

Delivery confirmation. I wasn't even aware that USPS did tracking...confirmation has always had enough information for me. It's weird, because I've been shipping USPS priority almost exclusively for a few years now and DC info has always been updated relatively quickly. I mean, I'd like to know at least that the dudes received it and it left Atlanta (I dropped it off in the big metal drop-off thing at the post office after hours).

15. _yoo

_yoo Senior Member

when i ordered my raf boots two really tall guys from a net-a-porter vehicle came to my department (at a uni) to deliver them both dressed up in suits and ties - according to my department secretary anyway, i wasn't there. the giantic shopping bag was left in the mailroom for the entire afternoon before i was able to pick it up - THANK GOD i selected 'discreet packaging' :tounge:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.