• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
Lol dude should have just waited til he moved back for you to ship it, why would he want to receive something if he was in the middle of moving? I've had first class shipping take two weeks before, but that's getting pretty silly for priority

I dunno, he goes to university in Canada. I don't get it either. Generally dislike shipping internationally with the flakiness of it all.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
I dunno, he goes to university in Canada. I don't get it either. Generally dislike shipping internationally with the flakiness of it all.

Well, you've shipped it. Not your fault that he's moving and all that.
confused.gif
Don't think he deserves a refund or what have you

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Well, you've shipped it. Not your fault that he's moving and all that.
confused.gif
Don't think he deserves a refund or what have you

Problem is, paypal disagrees

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Exactly. It would be a different story if I had tracking, but I've only got the customs receipt and the receipt from my university postal office. I don't know why the customs form isn't tracking though, I've never had that **** fail even to Australia.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
EMI either get buyer to pay for it or do it yourself for peace of mind

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
Problem is, paypal disagrees

****, forgot bout that.

Goddamn Paypal. I shipped a blazer once that disappeared. Or so the buyer claimed. I sent it without a tracking number and got fucked over by Paypal. Lost the blazer and they deducted the money from my account.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One last question to anyone who ships USPS priority to Canada: when tracking with the USPS customs form, what does your tracking code start with? The woman at the post office had me do a different customs declaration form (the smaller one, normally I fill out the one with the carbon copy pages and sometimes both), but this time the woman told me to only do a small one. Can't seem to track this package that starts with LC.

Just want to know for future reference.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
you only can track when its USPS international express.

that's not true. Priority offers some form of tracking, usually marked as accepted and then some other time delivered. but this depends on destination and agreements with the US etc. EMI is tracked all the way with updates at every point and guaranteed 3-5 days delivery but costs more. You can usually get USPS Priority + Registered Mail for better tracking but most times it amounts to 2-3$ less that EMI and is not as fast.

g transistor you should have 2 numbers on your receipt, why not try both ? The LC is usually the customs one though and if it's not showing up you can call the branch you shipped from.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wrong.

You can track USPS international priority, however it can't be a small flat rate box, nor a flat rate envelope. I'm taking it you used one of those? If so, they only make you feel out the declaration form that you use with international first class mail (with no tracking).

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not true, if you ship Priority (non-flat rate) you will be able to track at USPS, and when it leaves the US, you can track it at Canada Post. It's more delivery confirmation, but in the end that's all that's necessary.
Originally Posted by shahanshah
that's not true. Priority offers some form of tracking, usually marked as accepted and then some other time delivered. but this depends on destination and agreements with the US etc. EMI is tracked all the way with updates at every point and guaranteed 3-5 days delivery but costs more. You can usually get USPS Priority + Registered Mail for better tracking but most times it amounts to 2-3$ less that EMI and is not as fast. g transistor you should have 2 numbers on your receipt, why not try both ? The LC is usually the customs one though and if it's not showing up you can call the branch you shipped from.
I only have one number on my receipt, and I shipped it through a university postal service which I believe is a third party deal. They ship Fedex, UPS, and USPS, so the particular postal worker I was working with may have just been incompetent. I've read that you generally can't track LC, cause the LC is the smaller green customs form which is used for first-class and priority flat.
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Wrong. You can track USPS international priority, however it can't be a small flat rate box, nor a flat rate envelope. I'm taking it you used one of those? If so, they only make you feel out the declaration form that you use with international first class mail (with no tracking).
Nope, I don't use flat rate solely because I want to have delivery confirmation. I don't make Canadian buyers pay Express because I think normal Priority is sufficient and reasonable. It was packaged in a generic poly-whatever USPS bag/envelope thing.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Nope, I don't use flat rate solely for the purpose of having delivery confirmation. I don't make Canadian buyers pay Express because I think normal Priority is sufficient and reasonable. It was packaged in a generic poly-whatever USPS bag/envelope thing.

**** up on the postal employee's part then. Most of the times customs won't let it fly either. Dude might not be lying and you'll be receiving that package back.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I honestly don't think the guy is lying, and I'm in no way implicating him in it. He's had some transactions here before and honestly $100 is pretty ****** to scam someone out of, and I hope he doesn't get offended. Just a grievance I have with the whole buying-selling online deal. It's convenient but sometimes **** just gets annoying.

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
Anyone know of any boots that resemble the CP officer or the CP x Geller boots? I want a pair but all the ones I can find are size 41 and I'm a 43.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads