Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

The level of flake buyers has continued to increase exponentially (maybe westside can graph this trend for me on his new TI-83?) around this place. WTF has happened? In the past month I have now had two people pay and then get back to me apologizing and asking for a refund. Then there have been a few who have committed to buying, asked for my paypal, then PM me again to change their mind. [​IMG]

2. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

im glad i havent had to do a sale thread in a while.. [​IMG]

i turned a friend of mine on to my clothing who pays fairly for what I pass on and it's an awesome luxury..(0)

3. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

i turned a friend of mine on to my clothing who pays fairly for what I pass on and it's an awesome luxury..(0)

Consider yourself, lucky. If my friends cared as much about clothes and shared my size, that would be great.

I swear members must think I'm running a retail store or something as I've been asked about return/refund policies too. I guess I can't blame them so much for asking to be fully informed, but man it is frustrating.

4. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Wish I had a bunch of friends I could sell stuff to. Selling clothes is hell

5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

assuming the items were accurately represented and it was a smooth transaction this would be a major no-go for me..

i go through great lengths to photo and measure things to avoid shit like that.

edit; i misread but now see what you're saying and that would just be f'ing annoying, and a major sellers dilemma..75% refund for time wasted.

6. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

The sale thread I've had the past couple weeks has been pretty successful [​IMG] Just gotta get rid of my damn MMMs so I can re-kop and I'll be happy

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

im too nice, I let someone buy my jcrew jacket and later ask that I not ship it yet because he wanted to go to a store and try on an XS before commiting, and apparently it ended up fitting better but they didnt have the right color anyways. He still asked for a refund [​IMG]

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

^the one where you can see your toes in every pic?

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

assuming the items were accurately represented and it was a smooth transaction this would be a major no-go for me..

i go through great lengths to photo and measure things to avoid shit like that.

Before shipping them I mean. "Hey, I'll take this/these" and then "Hey, OMG, I'm so sorry, it's not like me, but I've changed my mind, can I get a refund?".

If all was as disclosed and goods are received yeah no go for me either. I have had someone aske me for a refund after receiving goods without having any issues with the item, just not sure, didn't fit or something to which I denied nicely.

11. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Wish I had a bunch of friends I could sell stuff to. Selling clothes is hell
    it's not the worst thing in the world.

12. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

it's not the worst thing in the world.

Course not. It's just a real pain, that's all.

13. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

It kind of is. I might be out $100 or so cause bitch at the post office said I could track to Canada with priority intl customs number but I can't with the number I got. Shipped on 4th and dude said he hasn't gotten it yet, and he's moving back home to the US in a week. So right now I have no clue as to what's going on--whether it's lost, he got it but isn't telling me (I don't think this is the case at all though), or if it'll be there late or whatever. Bleh

14. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

^the one where you can see your toes in every pic?
    Yep. It must have worked.
    It kind of is. I might be out $100 or so cause bitch at the post office said I could track to Canada with priority intl customs number but I can't with the number I got. Shipped on 4th and dude said he hasn't gotten it yet, and he's moving back home to the US in a week. So right now I have no clue as to what's going on--whether it's lost, he got it but isn't telling me (I don't think this is the case at all though), or if it'll be there late or whatever. Bleh
    Lol dude should have just waited til he moved back for you to ship it, why would he want to receive something if he was in the middle of moving? I've had first class shipping take two weeks before, but that's getting pretty silly for priority

15. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Playing dress-up is fun. I'm all bro'd out today. Sapporo crew-neck T, Jack & Jones destroyed relaxed fit jeans (I dated a girl who owned a denim factory in Guang Dong, they were a gift from her), and white chucks. I need to buy some flip-flops to really hit my stride, though.

edit: almost forgot to put on my ray-ban aviators. Later neeeeeeerds!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.