• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Need recommendations for some tees that aren't going to be sitting at my belt line after I do a cold wash/tumble dry. Tees are the most frustrating aspect of often being being in between sizes. Larges are usually too big everywhere, while a medium fits well until I wash it, at which point, it turns into a bro tee.

From observing and limited hands-on experience, it seems like a lot of the brands that offer tees with a bit of a drape are my best bet. Those are usually longer in the body, but still more fitted and the arms don't cling in a way that looks like I'm desperately trying to sell tickets to the gun show.

Still looking for a couple brands to try out and perhaps, disclaimers of particular brands to avoid.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the OV Cure tee that I got on sale. I haven't taken the tag off, though, since I'm not completely sold on the over-sized cut. It does seem to drape in a way that the hem stacks unless you actually pull the hem down.

I should also mention I don't really care for crew necks. I'll try pretty much any other type of neck, though.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rick, i have some long uniqlo tees, aa is a bit longer particularly viscose tees and sexuali tees. my go tos are silent tees in general though.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to Uniqlo and H&M-level ****, for the record. I just want something that isn't going to wither away after I clean it, which seems to happen with the less expensive choices.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've yet to see a tshirt where the neck doesn't stretch like crazy and look like ****. i mean this over the course of months/years.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hence the appeal of **** like OV, where the neckline already looks like you drunkenly took shears to them.

G0079

Reaction score
Put your t shirts in the freezer to get rid of the stink and cold soak when that doesn't work.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I have the OV Cure tee that I got on sale. I haven't taken the tag off, though, since I'm not completely sold on the over-sized cut. It does seem to drape in a way that the hem stacks unless you actually pull the hem down.

I should also mention I don't really care for crew necks. I'll try pretty much any other type of neck, though.

I like my cure tees even though I'm swimming in the XS. I've found that layering two cure tees over one another makes a dramatic difference in how much better it fit.

Geller has some nice tees as well that you can find for cheap during sales.

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
the WAYWT on SZ is offensively, staggeringly good and the level of discussion is offensively, staggeringly pretentious and unreadable.

I dunno, man, the shoes are clownishly exaggerated in most of the fits, it seems to me. Ronald McDonald as Goth Ninja. I am starting to love the Yohji wearing Wire Artist, though.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Need recommendations for some tees that aren't going to be sitting at my belt line after I do a cold wash/tumble dry. Tees are the most frustrating aspect of often being being in between sizes. Larges are usually too big everywhere, while a medium fits well until I wash it, at which point, it turns into a bro tee.

From observing and limited hands-on experience, it seems like a lot of the brands that offer tees with a bit of a drape are my best bet. Those are usually longer in the body, but still more fitted and the arms don't cling in a way that looks like I'm desperately trying to sell tickets to the gun show.

Still looking for a couple brands to try out and perhaps, disclaimers of particular brands to avoid.

I've stocked up on Rxmance tees. They pop up on Gilt for $25 in black and white and they have a nice v-neck
People seem to assume its some dumbass skate brand or something, but it isn't
Actually I don't know what the hell it is, but their tees are nice
They're pretty long and soft, but from my experience with the XS, some people might find that they run a bit small

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i bought this pair of margiela bootie/wedges for a girl, and realized that I would really realy like to have a pair in my own size
confused.gif
actually, any ideas where to look for something similar? not rick?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
I've stocked up on Rxmance tees. They pop up on Gilt for $25 in black and white and they have a nice v-neck
People seem to assume its some dumbass skate brand or something, but it isn't
Actually I don't know what the hell it is, but their tees are nice
They're pretty long and soft, but from my experience with the XS, some people might find that they run a bit small

I wish we had more (any) places around here that stocked even the mid-tier skate-type brands (I don't know if I just totally made up that category), because I've seen quite a few tees and tanks from these brands that look worthwhile, but I don't know if that would translate once they're not inside my computer monitor.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saw a lifestyle picture of myself from earlier this evening and realized how terribly my light red lec ocbd fits. sleeves are freaking huge. Ordered a size L boys shirt to see if it fits any better, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads