Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APK

APK Senior member

Need recommendations for some tees that aren't going to be sitting at my belt line after I do a cold wash/tumble dry. Tees are the most frustrating aspect of often being being in between sizes. Larges are usually too big everywhere, while a medium fits well until I wash it, at which point, it turns into a bro tee.

From observing and limited hands-on experience, it seems like a lot of the brands that offer tees with a bit of a drape are my best bet. Those are usually longer in the body, but still more fitted and the arms don't cling in a way that looks like I'm desperately trying to sell tickets to the gun show.

Still looking for a couple brands to try out and perhaps, disclaimers of particular brands to avoid.

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

silent. that's the only one i've found so far. vovk on sale for drapier.

3. APK

APK Senior member

I have the OV Cure tee that I got on sale. I haven't taken the tag off, though, since I'm not completely sold on the over-sized cut. It does seem to drape in a way that the hem stacks unless you actually pull the hem down.

I should also mention I don't really care for crew necks. I'll try pretty much any other type of neck, though.

4. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

rick, i have some long uniqlo tees, aa is a bit longer particularly viscose tees and sexuali tees. my go tos are silent tees in general though.

5. APK

APK Senior member

I'm not opposed to Uniqlo and H&M-level shit, for the record. I just want something that isn't going to wither away after I clean it, which seems to happen with the less expensive choices.

6. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

i've yet to see a tshirt where the neck doesn't stretch like crazy and look like shit. i mean this over the course of months/years.

7. APK

APK Senior member

Hence the appeal of shit like OV, where the neckline already looks like you drunkenly took shears to them.

8. G0079

G0079 Senior member

Put your t shirts in the freezer to get rid of the stink and cold soak when that doesn't work.

9. snake

snake Senior member

I have the OV Cure tee that I got on sale. I haven't taken the tag off, though, since I'm not completely sold on the over-sized cut. It does seem to drape in a way that the hem stacks unless you actually pull the hem down.

I should also mention I don't really care for crew necks. I'll try pretty much any other type of neck, though.

I like my cure tees even though I'm swimming in the XS. I've found that layering two cure tees over one another makes a dramatic difference in how much better it fit.

Geller has some nice tees as well that you can find for cheap during sales.

10. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

the WAYWT on SZ is offensively, staggeringly good and the level of discussion is offensively, staggeringly pretentious and unreadable.

I dunno, man, the shoes are clownishly exaggerated in most of the fits, it seems to me. Ronald McDonald as Goth Ninja. I am starting to love the Yohji wearing Wire Artist, though.

11. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Need recommendations for some tees that aren't going to be sitting at my belt line after I do a cold wash/tumble dry. Tees are the most frustrating aspect of often being being in between sizes. Larges are usually too big everywhere, while a medium fits well until I wash it, at which point, it turns into a bro tee.

From observing and limited hands-on experience, it seems like a lot of the brands that offer tees with a bit of a drape are my best bet. Those are usually longer in the body, but still more fitted and the arms don't cling in a way that looks like I'm desperately trying to sell tickets to the gun show.

Still looking for a couple brands to try out and perhaps, disclaimers of particular brands to avoid.

I've stocked up on Rxmance tees. They pop up on Gilt for $25 in black and white and they have a nice v-neck
    People seem to assume its some dumbass skate brand or something, but it isn't
    Actually I don't know what the hell it is, but their tees are nice
    They're pretty long and soft, but from my experience with the XS, some people might find that they run a bit small

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

i bought this pair of margiela bootie/wedges for a girl, and realized that I would really realy like to have a pair in my own size [​IMG] actually, any ideas where to look for something similar? not rick?

13. sipang

sipang Senior member

14. APK

APK Senior member

I've stocked up on Rxmance tees. They pop up on Gilt for $25 in black and white and they have a nice v-neck
    People seem to assume its some dumbass skate brand or something, but it isn't
    Actually I don't know what the hell it is, but their tees are nice
    They're pretty long and soft, but from my experience with the XS, some people might find that they run a bit small

I wish we had more (any) places around here that stocked even the mid-tier skate-type brands (I don't know if I just totally made up that category), because I've seen quite a few tees and tanks from these brands that look worthwhile, but I don't know if that would translate once they're not inside my computer monitor.

15. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

saw a lifestyle picture of myself from earlier this evening and realized how terribly my light red lec ocbd fits. sleeves are freaking huge. Ordered a size L boys shirt to see if it fits any better, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.