Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

what year is that pic from (oki ni right?")
    [​IMG] had those sandals but they fit too big, shoulve sized down. made a pretty penny on ebay tho[​IMG]

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

I wasn't the one who brought you up.
    oh my bad then, well I don't really care about what someone who wears only jcrew thinks of me.

3. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

dont know.. i dont know anything about leggings, i dont want to end up buying pantyhose lol[​IMG]
    ... then $250 leggings doesnt seem like the best place to start? personally if i were you i would fuck around with some $15 uniqlo ones first edit: ah nvm

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

bish dont edit and make me waste a post

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

ill be checking these out now, amapp too..

6. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

ftfy
    I dunno, there's some posters on the SZ WAYWT who are consistently pretty good. Christian and MetroBulotDodo come to mind.
    what type/brand/material for both leggings and shorts would you wear? ive always liked this look but i cant get the proportions right so i go with the "pre-fab" layer-pants (kva combat trousers are the ones i own, but i wouldnt mind the attachment from this season) would you wear the leggings all the way down, or scrunched up. have you worn it before, too hot for summer?
    Usually something breathable like cotton or viscose. It can get hot, but then I just don't wear them and stick with shorts. It's not like it would any worse than wearing denim. FWIW, I prefer close-toed, that way I don't have to mess around with socks and stuff as well. I'd say to stay away from spandex, etc. Leave that stuff in old American Apparel ads.
    Man, what's the big deal with shorts over leggings ? you make it sound like it's rocket science [​IMG] Just get some cotton ones, knee level shorts not too slim not too wide and go. I've done it all winter for riding and it looked alright.
    whats the difference between designer leggings and any other kind of leggings
    ... then $250 leggings doesnt seem like the best place to start? personally if i were you i would fuck around with some $15 uniqlo ones first edit: ah nvm
    Snowman, you should listen to these guys, though. I generally stick with something cheap, because I still don't really know what makes a good legging vs. a bad legging yet, but I'm starting to get a bit of an idea. I've noticed differences in breathability, tendency to scrunch up in weird ways (not trying to get sick stacks), and durability. You'll have to experiment and found out what works best for you, though. I am definitely not shelling out like $1000 for a pair from Givenchy, though.

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

wearing shorts and leggings right now. cutoff silent, hot chilis. maybe ill snap a pic

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

found some cheap ones on ebay. 95%viscose 5%elastane. prob going to give these a try..

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

i like the sz waywt but listening to them talk about the semiotics of clothing is almost as annoying as when they talk about how some people don't deserve to wear ccp. you know who deserves to wear ccp? the dude who buys it at retail.

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

that may be true, but some people are just going to look plain bad in certain stuff.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

so what? just because you jerk off over a designer and feverishly follow collections doesn't mean you are somehow more WORTHY of wearing it.

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

nah, I meant some individuals themselves, regardless of their knowledge just look bad in certain types of clothing. Its for a variety of factors, but I think it would be disingenuous to not admit some people just can't do certain styles. I do agree the CCP fencing jacket discussion was pretty dumb, though

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

the discussion isn't who looks good or bad in something, the discussion is how some people don't deserve to purchase certain designers because they don't know enough about them.

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

well, yah as I admitted that was the dumb aspect of the discussion. However, its kind of annoying to see lame people try to get in on a certain aesthetic. Like that one 15 year old who wore like...a blanket and said...lol dick ovens look!

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

i like the sz waywt but listening to them talk about the semiotics of clothing is almost as annoying as when they talk about how some people don't deserve to wear ccp. you know who deserves to wear ccp? the dude who buys it at retail.

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.