Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G0079

G0079 Senior member

Did you choose your nickname because of gackt's song "uncontrol" ? i think eh his a pretty cool guy, and doesn't afraid of anything. I loved Malice Mizer and his first single "mizerable" is one of the best songs of all time in my opinion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlpM1...eature=related
    Hah...I listened to Malice Mizer in high school. Had no idea that Gackt came from them.

2. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Lol visual Kei, lol high school, lol memories.

3. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Also, it looks like my tax return is gonna be getting 2 pairs of custom shoes (1 alden 1 trickers) and a Junya blazer. Wish it would be more, damn.
    Shell cordovan Alden chukka with commando sole and cap toe tricker with either crepe or vibram, probably vibram (not sure on leather yet).

4. Meis

Meis Senior member

Seems to happen to everything nowadays, even high end stuff. A button popped off (actually unraveled is the correct term) the suit pants off my corneliani mtm suit last week. What a joke.
    True, it seems to be an issue with alot of stuff these days... but who gives a fuck. Since when did button sewing become such a big deal as far as rating the quality of a piece. I see people constantly ranting about shirts being of shitty quality because the buttons aren't sewn on securely. Seriously, anyone can sew a button back on and it takes 30 seconds to do. I'd be more concerned about the seams, fabric, etc.

5. Suicmez

Suicmez Senior member

I have a TOJ oxford that had a bunch of loose threads on most of the buttons when I first got it. Took me 20 mins max to fix the problem. There are always outliers, doesn't mean people need to be up in arms about something when they know the fit and quality of a garment is spot on.

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

7. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Does anyone know where I can get a nylon/goretex/other tech material jacket for spring in an obnoxiously bright color for under $200? Considering this one (http://www.oipolloi.com/Store/OiPoll...+yellow.html#), but other ideas are greatly appreciated. I would get a Visvim nomad or something but it's way out of my price range.

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

no idea what they have right now but I have a little bright yellow water proof jawn I picked up from club monaco a couple years back for 15 dollars, thing is awesome though it gets mixed reactions because it's like highlighter fuck you in the eye yellow

9. snake

snake Senior member

I'm working on my summer uniform, which basically has to be put together with no budget whatsoever. Right now I'm thinking black tank, grey cropped trousers and some really cheap-y low-sole (p)leather oxfords from Zara or the like worn without socks. Throw in my s2a necklace and freshly minted biceps and I'm ready to fuck my way through summer hipster concerts.
    I had been thinking of something similar to that aesthetically, but it's still up in the air. I really don't want to wear tees for 3 months straight. [​IMG]

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I'm working on my summer uniform, which basically has to be put together with no budget whatsoever. Right now I'm thinking black tank, grey cropped trousers and some really cheap-y low-sole (p)leather oxfords from Zara or the like worn without socks.

Throw in my s2a necklace and freshly minted biceps and I'm ready to fuck my way through summer hipster concerts.

tanks, drop-crotch shorts, boots + hi-tops. cropped trousers and boots. maybe cutoff hoodies on chilly mornings at the coffeeshop. fucking hipsters [​IMG]

11. bows1

bows1 Senior member

pic of freshly minted bicep?

bicep off?

Im in.

12. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

@ Synthese: Yeah, drop crotch short + tank or viscose tee and boots is gonna be part of my rotation too. Would love a long sleeveless hoodie like what I saw from Devoa to throw in but no budget. If I get really drunk on a really hot night maybe I'll cut the sleeves of my Drkshdw.

RE: biceps. Nothing to brag about yet, but compared to the fey dopehead aesthetic that's popular here I look like Arnold.

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Did you choose your nickname because of gackt's song "uncontrol" ?
    i think eh his a pretty cool guy, and doesn't afraid of anything.
    I loved Malice Mizer and his first single "mizerable" is one of the best songs of all time in my opinion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlpM1...eature=related

Yes, it's from that Gackt song. I don't like much of what he produced after 2003, though.

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Learned the same lesson as unc when it comes to buying clothes online - always ask for measurements...

15. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

@ Synthese: Yeah, drop crotch short + tank or viscose tee and boots is gonna be part of my rotation too. Would love a long sleeveless hoodie like what I saw from Devoa to throw in but no budget. If I get really drunk on a really hot night maybe I'll cut the sleeves of my Drkshdw.

RE: biceps. Nothing to brag about yet, but compared to the fey dopehead aesthetic that's popular here I like like Arnold.

I feel that. It's gonna be a budget summer for sure. A couple of things I'm looking out for, but I'm going to try to put my sewing machine+scissors+thrift store to good apocalyptic use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.