• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zeemon
Did you choose your nickname because of gackt's song "uncontrol" ? i think eh his a pretty cool guy, and doesn't afraid of anything. I loved Malice Mizer and his first single "mizerable" is one of the best songs of all time in my opinion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlpM1...eature=related
Hah...I listened to Malice Mizer in high school. Had no idea that Gackt came from them.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol visual Kei, lol high school, lol memories.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, it looks like my tax return is gonna be getting 2 pairs of custom shoes (1 alden 1 trickers) and a Junya blazer. Wish it would be more, damn.
Shell cordovan Alden chukka with commando sole and cap toe tricker with either crepe or vibram, probably vibram (not sure on leather yet).

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
Seems to happen to everything nowadays, even high end stuff. A button popped off (actually unraveled is the correct term) the suit pants off my corneliani mtm suit last week. What a joke.
True, it seems to be an issue with alot of stuff these days... but who gives a ****. Since when did button sewing become such a big deal as far as rating the quality of a piece. I see people constantly ranting about shirts being of ****** quality because the buttons aren't sewn on securely. Seriously, anyone can sew a button back on and it takes 30 seconds to do. I'd be more concerned about the seams, fabric, etc.

Suicmez

Reaction score
I have a TOJ oxford that had a bunch of loose threads on most of the buttons when I first got it. Took me 20 mins max to fix the problem. There are always outliers, doesn't mean people need to be up in arms about something when they know the fit and quality of a garment is spot on.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.upscalehype.com/2011/02/s...-brogue-shoes/

travis is wearing the same tf glasses i used to wear...until sf told me not to
frown.gif
...but its for the better i guess
laugh.gif

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no idea what they have right now but I have a little bright yellow water proof jawn I picked up from club monaco a couple years back for 15 dollars, thing is awesome though it gets mixed reactions because it's like highlighter **** you in the eye yellow

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I'm working on my summer uniform, which basically has to be put together with no budget whatsoever. Right now I'm thinking black tank, grey cropped trousers and some really cheap-y low-sole (p)leather oxfords from Zara or the like worn without socks. Throw in my s2a necklace and freshly minted biceps and I'm ready to **** my way through summer hipster concerts.
I had been thinking of something similar to that aesthetically, but it's still up in the air. I really don't want to wear tees for 3 months straight.
confused.gif

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm working on my summer uniform, which basically has to be put together with no budget whatsoever. Right now I'm thinking black tank, grey cropped trousers and some really cheap-y low-sole (p)leather oxfords from Zara or the like worn without socks.

Throw in my s2a necklace and freshly minted biceps and I'm ready to **** my way through summer hipster concerts.

tanks, drop-crotch shorts, boots + hi-tops. cropped trousers and boots. maybe cutoff hoodies on chilly mornings at the coffeeshop. ******* hipsters
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Synthese: Yeah, drop crotch short + tank or viscose tee and boots is gonna be part of my rotation too. Would love a long sleeveless hoodie like what I saw from Devoa to throw in but no budget. If I get really drunk on a really hot night maybe I'll cut the sleeves of my Drkshdw.

RE: biceps. Nothing to brag about yet, but compared to the fey dopehead aesthetic that's popular here I look like Arnold.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zeemon
Did you choose your nickname because of gackt's song "uncontrol" ?
i think eh his a pretty cool guy, and doesn't afraid of anything.
I loved Malice Mizer and his first single "mizerable" is one of the best songs of all time in my opinion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlpM1...eature=related

Yes, it's from that Gackt song. I don't like much of what he produced after 2003, though.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Learned the same lesson as unc when it comes to buying clothes online - always ask for measurements...

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@ Synthese: Yeah, drop crotch short + tank or viscose tee and boots is gonna be part of my rotation too. Would love a long sleeveless hoodie like what I saw from Devoa to throw in but no budget. If I get really drunk on a really hot night maybe I'll cut the sleeves of my Drkshdw.

RE: biceps. Nothing to brag about yet, but compared to the fey dopehead aesthetic that's popular here I like like Arnold.

I feel that. It's gonna be a budget summer for sure. A couple of things I'm looking out for, but I'm going to try to put my sewing machine+scissors+thrift store to good apocalyptic use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads