Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sipang

sipang Senior member

Does anyone know where I can get a nylon/goretex/other tech material jacket for spring in an obnoxiously bright color for under $200? Considering this one (http://www.oipolloi.com/Store/OiPoll...+yellow.html#), but other ideas are greatly appreciated. I would get a Visvim nomad or something but it's way out of my price range.

I'm totally ignoring your budgetary considerations and suggest that Moncler poncho.

[​IMG]

2. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Does anyone know where I can get a nylon/goretex/other tech material jacket for spring in an obnoxiously bright color for under $200? Considering this one (http://www.oipolloi.com/Store/OiPoll...+yellow.html#), but other ideas are greatly appreciated. I would get a Visvim nomad or something but it's way out of my price range.

I picked up one of these in red

It's ok, (it comes with a silly little hat) but I'm still undecided on it. The price was just right and I'm addicted to little jackets so I had to give it a shot.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

@ Synthese: Yeah, drop crotch short + tank or viscose tee and boots is gonna be part of my rotation too. Would love a long sleeveless hoodie like what I saw from Devoa to throw in but no budget. If I get really drunk on a really hot night maybe I'll cut the sleeves of my Drkshdw. RE: biceps. Nothing to brag about yet, but compared to the fey dopehead aesthetic that's popular here I look like Arnold.
    I'd love to see you in the gym, hopefully you're not one of those new year's res dus that does everything wrong and drops off the map after 3 months.

4. APK

APK Senior member

I wish more web shops includes basic measurements on its pieces. I know this isn't feasible with the high-volume shops, but surely it can get done with shops that have maybe a couple dozen new additions to the site on a monthly basis.

5. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I'm totally ignoring your budgetary considerations and suggest that Moncler poncho.

Thanks for guaranteeing I won't be satisfied with whatever I end up buying. [​IMG]

6. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

At work today, some old guy told me I dress very well..... while we were both at the urinals. I'm sure he probably just meant well, but there's something just fundamentally awkward about someone trying to start a conversation at the very moment of discharging bodily waste.

7. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I'd love to see you in the gym, hopefully you're not one of those new year's res dus that does everything wrong and drops off the map after 3 months.

Naw, I've been doing Starting Strength religiously for about 4 months now, after about two months of cluelessness before that. been in 3 days a week for the last six months except for my bday. I'm committed.

8. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Naw, I've been doing Starting Strength religiously for about 4 months now, after about two months of cluelessness before that. been in 3 days a week for the last six months except for my bday. I'm committed.

Thinking about starting the Starting Strength thing once this school year is finished. What's your experience with it been like so far?

9. West24

West24 Senior member

i feel as if people will judge when you have big biceps and wear a tank. im going to do it a lot this summer but fuck em!

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

I have no idea what that is and I don't feel like googling but I did 60 pullups to warm up before my workout tonight.

11. APK

APK Senior member

i feel as if people will judge when you have big biceps and wear a tank. im going to do it a lot this summer but fuck em!

It's a fine line to tow. You need to have relatively muscular arms for tanks to really look good, but arms that are too muscular might convey this meathead Jersey Shore vibe.

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

did you strap on any extra plates? plebe.

13. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

If people judge it's because it isn't hot enough out. Most people here just go shirtless.

14. APK

APK Senior member

If people judge it's because it isn't hot enough out. Most people here just go shirtless.

That, too. We probably had a handful of days two summers ago that would warrant tank tops on dudes. Quite a few more last summer.

But yeah, it's gotta be Do the Right Thing weather out to really justify tanks.

15. junebugmm

junebugmm Senior member

I really hate the phrase "lovingly worn" in sale threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.