• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Chronoaug kind of looks like Harmony Korine.

heard the name but have never seen his movies. I can see it in some pictures but in others we look completely different. Not bad though. Never heard that one

I hear you on gilt sales though. I'm down to $50 gilt dollars (bought the same thing in 2sizes for gf and will return the ill-fitting one so will have $50 more soon) and haven't bought much in awhile. Will probably have to sell the rick tanks as i the bronze small definitely doesn't fit me. The bleach large one kinda does. i only tried on once and i worry it'll stretch out too much and that a medium would be best. Might sell both unfortunately which is too bad because i want 1-2 dickflap tanks (have wanted for awhile) but might just get a nicholas and marc one off dressspace. Though i realized i might want to work out the chest/arms a bit if i were to wear it straight to the gym or something. Would look good under stuff though. If you or anyone wants those tanks lemme know

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
chucks (i like pain)

Hilarious. My dad used to run in chucks (back in the early-to-mid 70s. Hmm, I seem to think they must've had at least notional running shoes back then, but I guess we were poor, too) and he's got some gnarled-ass feet, though I think that's probably more due to serving in the military than the chuck's ******* his feet up.

Hummingbird

Reaction score
New Balance MT100 is all the running shoe anyone could ever need. Minimalism FTW. Also, there are threads on this in the fitness section.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tempted by some of the S2A stuff on Gilt, namely the weekend bag.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nike had a new Nike Free out on 4/1/10 I think which I got. I haven't actually been able to spend much time running in them, nor do I know a lot about shoes, but they are pleasant, feel good, and feel different.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
some good coming soon pants on gilt. kinda want the cargos and maybe another pair. the long linen/wool blazer is really cool too but sold out in my size

I caught like 6 racks of the stuff at C21 and I have to say even at those prices it was kind of disappointing. I'd say steer clear of Coming Soon unless you've played with it in person.

(And I'm an apologist for all things Yohji...)

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
ahaha while researching for my beatwear review i found this about giorgio brutini

It is a good looking boot. I am a Beatles fan so I have always wanted leather cuban heeled boots. I received them on time. They looked great. I then scuffed them and noticed they were not a real leather. They are like a composite of leather. I only wear them for small amounts of time, the heel cause my feet to cramp. Then one of the heels came off. It is not nailed. It was glued. I re-glued it and then decided to take it to a shoe repair man. He was going to Reheel the pair and Resole. I bought these in February! I have only worn these probably for 15 hours. THen my shoe guy told me that the sole is not leather as it says but cardboard! Unbelievable! I paid over eighty dollars for shoes that are a composite leather and cardboard soles! Ridiculous!!!

having handled them in person, i'm not surprised

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lanvin-embroidered-cufflinks-selectism-1-388x540.jpg
lanvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads