Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake

snake Senior member

What do you guys wear for running shooz?

2. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

Mizuno Wave Rider 10 and 11 ( rotatory )

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

chucks (i like pain)

4. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Realized how fucked up SF has made what I think are reasonable prices for things. Was going to purchase an $800 Krane bag until I realized how ridiculous that would be for a 20 year old student...Too bad, was a nice bag.

I'm 20 and a part time student and I feel your pain, BUT I'm still buying that Junya blazer in a couple weeks for 850.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

^Exactly, I basically don't have an income until June 28th when I move to the new office, but if you plan and budget well you can manage to support a fairly pricey clothing hobby being a student. I did it for years. If that's your priority, I mean.

Sauconys.

6. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

I'm 20 and a part time student and I feel your pain, BUT I'm still buying that Junya blazer in a couple weeks for 850.

It's great that you're so involved in fashion and willing to drop a lot on clothes even if it means living a more meager lifestyle, but I hope you're considering your future too. I don't mean this condescendingly, I'm sure you're a smart kid and don't doubt you're aware of your future. But I've done the exact same as you in the past, with aspirations of saving money whilst spending on clothes, but I didn't. I'm now paying for my mistakes of living too much in the moment and put simply I wish I was less involved in fashion in the past as I would have had more money not to mention time to consider and prepare for my future.

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Raf athletic trainers My Yoox dreambox is >$6500 at this point, think I need t make some cuts for the sake of reality

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

It's great that you're so involved in fashion and willing to drop a lot on clothes even if it means living a more meager lifestyle, but I hope you're considering your future too. I don't mean this condescendingly, I'm sure you're a smart kid and don't doubt you're aware of your future. But I've done the exact same as you in the past, with aspirations of saving money whilst spending on clothes, but I didn't. I'm now paying for my mistakes of living too much in the moment and put simply I wish I was less involved in fashion in the past as I would have had more money not to mention time to consider and prepare for my future.

Please someone just take this and get it over with, it's too much to leave it just... sitting there.

9. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I'll be alright xenox, thanks for the concern though.

10. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Xenox - I love your insights. But you're either about to ask a girl to marry you, looking to buy a house, or in collection with the IRS. Or in in a reevaluation phase. I did all of them and clothes were one of the few salvations during and after. And now that I'm in a more contemplative place, I realize that looking okay and feeling confident has no comparison. Oh, I'm paying, and I have little to show in terms of wealth or property (or a wife), but re-invention is part of being human. The boy needs to learn that play and frivolousness should never lead to shame or guilt if kept within reason. They need to be priorities above all else.

11. Meis

Meis Senior member

nike zoom structure triax
    chucks (i like pain)
    damn... i can't imagine how much pain i'd feel if I'd worn chucks for the 10 miler I ran the other day

12. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

^Exactly, I basically don't have an income until June 28th when I move to the new office, but if you plan and budget well you can manage to support a fairly pricey clothing hobby being a student. I did it for years. If that's your priority, I mean.

Sauconys.

me too.

i'm 21, am a student and work part time. Pretty much zero obligations, therefore i'm enjoying living with zero savings.

i'll probably get sick of it in a couple of years, but at least by then i'll have a sweet wardrobe.

plus i don't wanna catch the bug when i'm 30 and have to support a family. may as well get it out of my system now when there's nothing to lose.

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

chucks (i like pain)

me too. i think it forces me to run in a way that puts less stress on my joints. also makes it a better calf workout.

14. snake

snake Senior member

damn... i can't imagine how much pain i'd feel if I'd worn chucks for the 10 miler I ran the other day

I currently have a pair of nike zoom victorys that love to eat away at my achilles heels. Was looking at Mizunos and Asics earlier today..

15. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

always had problems with these even though I like their looks alot.

asics for me - alternate between the Kayanos and 21x0 which make my feet happy for long runs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.