• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Returns for store credit or exchanges only is the wackest thing in fashion right now

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

In case anyone is curious, New Zealand (Auckland specifically) feels like Vancouver 2.0. Makes the bay area feel cheap - except we have tech jobs to sustain the high cost of living etc.

Bay area sans tech nerds with enhanced picturesque landscapes sounds like a fantastic place though :cool:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
happy birthday @kindofyoung ! Have you now been upgraded to "just a tiny bit young"?
Thank you!
biggrin.gif

I'm not really sure at what point I'll create a new account or request a namechange, but I think it'll be a few years until that so until then I'm still kindofyoung.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hnnnggg.. the Michaël Borremans oil paintings series for Undercover have finally dropped... The long coats are dope.. Even the pullovers are realllly cool! And that new knit rider. Omg. Kinda desperate for a proxy
shog[1].gif

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hnnnggg.. the Michaël Borremans oil paintings series for Undercover have finally dropped... The long coats are dope.. Even the pullovers are realllly cool! And that new knit rider. Omg. Kinda desperate for a proxy
shog[1].gif

Dropped in Japan or? I can only see it on DSM site.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is Acrylic bad for your health? Think I saw something like that where it's bad for skin / health. Got some 58% acrylic extra warm heatech, they are super comfy..

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It might be a non zero factor in long term death, but more studies are needed.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody got some good recommendations for derbies to go with denim (not exclusively denim, just derbies for casual wear without looking like an off duty office bro)?
I know we just discussed this whole denim with dress shoes thing but I mean more casual stuff. Docs seem like the obvious choice but I want something "nicer".
Was thinking of the AKOG derbies I've been looking at for a while but they are pretty expensive. Postman 101's but I can't find black suede in my size.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anybody got some good recommendations for derbies to go with denim (not exclusively denim, just derbies for casual wear without looking like an off duty office bro)?
I know we just discussed this whole denim with dress shoes thing but I mean more casual stuff. Docs seem like the obvious choice but I want something "nicer".
Was thinking of the AKOG derbies I've been looking at for a while but they are pretty expensive. Postman 101's but I can't find black suede in my size.

Trickers Woodstock?

Or look at something from Sanders or Loake - both are a bit cheaper but decent enough. With our economic collapse buying from the UK must be an option :(

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dries derbies would be perfect, especially the lug sole. Raf's same. But I can't swing that much right now. Anns always seem to have the weird toe.
I've looked at the woodstocks and they do look nice, but I'd prefer a sole that I could get through sleet and ice with. Paraboots look good and they did the one with Lemaire this season so I'm obviously intrigued by that but I've always found moc toes to be pretty gross. I haven't seen anything from Heschung but I feel like they used to have a lug sole plain toe derby pretty regularaly.

@accordion didn't you try and handful of British made derbies recently? Church's/Locke/truckers etc?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads