• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill 2002 might be the best champagne I've ever had. Better than Salon or Cristal.

Last edited:

fistinyoface

Reaction score
Are there any services (or SF members) in Japan that can accept a parcel from a Japanese store and forward it on to me? I'm not looking for a shopping service; the items are already paid for. Finally got stung by import fees and it burns.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just looked at the John Elliot thread, I don't get it.

It seems like a lot of money for Uniqlo x AA colors and looking like an average teen.

It almost needs one of those at a party in a corner cartoons.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kanye wears stuff like that, so...

I dunno about the other stuff, but I ordered some co-mix black tees and they are hands down the best tees under $100 I've found

basil rathbone

Reaction score
L'As du Fallafel changed my life. Seriously.

In the tourist part of the Latin Quarter, there are tons of kebab places. They all looked delicious. But, I'm a peasant, so ymmv.

L'As is okay, but that line is a bummer. I'm not sure about Lenny Kravitz' falafel authority tbh. Best I had in Paris was in the Latin Quarter - Chez le Libanais (Rue St André des Arts).

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just looked at the John Elliot thread, I don't get it.

It seems like a lot of money for Uniqlo x AA colors and looking like an average teen.

It almost needs one of those at a party in a corner cartoons.

That thread is completely understandable if just assume everyone posting is 8 years old.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JE is kinda what i wish Wings and Horns always was (perfect jeans, perfect Ts, perfect hoodies, perfect sweats). or maybe what i used to think wings and horns was :- p

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can see the appeal of JE for a lot of guys. Athletic ("masculine?") basics with some interesting details. The brand seems like an easy step into a more fashionable style if you were coming from a basic "jeans, tee and sneakers" style. But not as fashion-y as Rick or whatever. Their design, photography, models, website feels cool.. plus they got that GQ bump.

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whoever keeps posting "the struggle is real" in that thread really annoys me

I'm impressed that only one thing in that thread annoys you. I find the habit of describing everything as "fire" much more annoying.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1f4af.png
1f4af.png
1f525.png
1f525.png
1f525.png

Really though, like Parker said it's easy, accessible clothing and for the most part it is well thought out and well planned. They do a good job of listening to customers, making adjustments to products based on feedback and releasing things in requested colour ways. I am a genuine fan and own a bunch of stuff, but I have no clue what would make somebody buy a bakers dozen of the same item. Whoever runs the marketing for them is a master of hype.

That thread is just a really odd place because none of them post anywhere else on the board. It's like the link was posted on Niketalk and KTT and they migrated over because occasionally the JE rep jumps in to say something. This season has a few "oversized" pieces and a bunch of people were commenting how they didn't think "this oversized trend" was going to last. I dunno....

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do people actually wear beige tee's and why would you need multiple tones? I don't think I have ever seen anyone wearing a beige tee, which was meant to be in that color.

Kanye wears stuff like that, so...

I dunno about the other stuff, but I ordered some co-mix black tees and they are hands down the best tees under $100 I've found

So does Bieber (why do I know this?)

$105 for a pre faded tee. :puzzled: I throw mine out and make them into rags, when they start to look like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads