• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing the same cheap Timex's for years (e.g., a couple of different expedition's), and they are great. "Classic", doesn't break, keeps time.

John L

Reaction score
To mark off another box on the "what havent we sold millenials in leisure wear yet" checklist.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screw you guys I love fleece

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unrelated: I'm super not excited by the popularity of polartech fleece this season.
1) Related to the 90s trend. When I was in college, Polartech had just really become popular, and a polartec fleece or three was in everyone's wardrobe.
2) It's just the logical extension of both the emphasis on comfort and on athletic wear as casual wear. Me, I'v been liking this (in the form of Battenwear fleece tops) for a few years now. I will probably get a one or two and wear them with my outdoors and/our techy stuff, depending on the particular piece.
3) Mr.Porter will pair with higher rise, straight legged jeans, and something that looks like Clarks desert boots, and bam, we will be back in my college days and/or pretty much the uniform of every academic conference I've attended (earth scientists want to look like they could head out to the field at any given moment.)

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
It feels more like normcore than athleisure or tech-fashion to me. Blech.

edit: getting uncomfortably close to this IMO:

Last edited:

Imyouricecreamman

Reaction score
Casio came out with the 5600BB last year and weirdly it has become my favorite watch. Its's moderately sized for a G-Shock and wears really comfortable
casio-dw-5600bb-1er_1000-montre-watch.jpg

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like fleece. Sometimes. Can look good styled in a gorpcore way I guess. Def dig the old patagonia miusa retro cardigans. Made from recycled plastic bottles, how about that. Throw a nc aircraft jacket or whatever over it and you'll be toasty warm and dry all day long.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there might be a bag or two at 45R on Fillmore St. I'll check it out again in the next day or so. On a side note, I can see @ManofKent wearing everything in that store.
I'd be tempted :blush:

Watch wise most of the time I wear either cheap Seiko Automatics or an entry level Automatic Tissot. I like the idea of automatics, but have never got into expensive watches.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the use of Polartec Fleece that I think misses the mark. Big fan of patagonia retro fleece. I like Carhartt fleece lined duck jackets too.

Untitled.png

John L

Reaction score
I just remember how grimy my fleece jackets used to get around the cuffs circa 1998. They'd remain crunchy even after a wash.

Turnoff for me.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just remember how grimy my fleece jackets used to get around the cuffs circa 1998. They'd remain crunchy even after a wash.

Turnoff for me.

jeez what were you up to in 1998? climbing scree or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads