• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great! I've had mine for a year now, and they have had a hard year but look great IMO. I would't worry about getting them wet - Rancourt doesn't use any product on their shell, so it is less likely that you will get dreaded "welts" when getting the shell wet. Exhibits a and b: (taken about 3 minutes apart this past Saturday after trudging through the wet yard).

The point of Cordovan is it's low maintenance. Members make it high maintenance, IMHO.
Cool.

Thanks for your opinions and information.

intensanity

Reaction score
Wore the Dark Olive CXL Ranger Mocs again today. MAN do I love these shoes. Debating picking up a dark olive belt as well. The Parisian Blue Boat Shoes should be coming in a week or so :D:D:D:D

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Wore the Dark Olive CXL Ranger Mocs again today. MAN do I love these shoes. Debating picking up a dark olive belt as well. The Parisian Blue Boat Shoes should be coming in a week or so :D:D:D:D

we have a handful of dark olive belts if you dont want to wait the lead time.

not to mention 3 dark olive styles with a tenative release date of mid july, and one MTO pair that I cooked up ideally about the same time.

deltashell

Reaction score
I just got a pair of the BB cordovan boat shoes and I love them too so far.

Has anyone sent some leffot ivy unlined shell Venetian loafers back to be resoled? I have a navy pair and just did the order for the premium refinish. I'm going to have a honey lactae hevea sole put on and I understand they will rework the uppers somewhat. I don't think they'll undergo as big a transformation as say an Alden LHS that gets restored though bc the footbed in the leffots is shell and won't be replaced. I'm looking forward to the new soles though, should be very comfortable.

wonsmithr8

Reaction score
So I'm gonna be sending back my custom natty cxl beefroll lined loafers to get stretched/re-lasted. The left shoe is 5.5D and right shoe 6D. I went half size down on both. I went with D width on Katie's suggestion when I told her my foot was between D and E width on brannock which I think is too tight. So I'm thinking of getting it stretched out to E width. There's also the option of getting it stretched to EE width. I've tried out the rancourt sizing guide before and I was EE width on both feet if it helps. Lemme know what ya guys think, thanks! Also, the pics below show how far I can get my feet into both shoes. Don't mind my basketball socks, I thought I'd cover up my feet for you guys and that's about where my foot gets stuck without socks.

Also, not sure if this is a good way to measure it, but I both feet slightly on top of the shoe to see the length and it seems like my toes especially big toe and pinky toe are gonna be in a world of hurt going half size down. I might have to go TTS.

Last edited:

gstephen70

Reaction score
I came across Sebago Campsides USA on eBay and was quite interested. Of course, I wanted to check in with the Rancourt fans to see if anyone has experience with the USA made Campsides? They are a bit pricey, but on the other hand, I could have them delivered in days, as opposed to weeks through Rancourt.

Any firsthand opinions (previous or current owners please)?

Here's the eBay post FYI:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sebago-Mens...63?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item27db59b997

I don't know who makes these for Sebago. They may make them themselves for all I know. They are CXL leather and the stitching seems quite nice.

Any thoughts?

Rancourt

gstephen70

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Amazon has them for a good bit less than Sebago so I may give them a shot. If anyone else has info I'd be happy to hear it.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My camp moc order is officially in! Cant wait.

Edit: also for my fellow Canadians Club Monaco is having a sale right now that includes Rancourt. This is perfect if you want something from them but dont want to deal with shipping fess or customs.

Last edited:

namgungh

Reaction score
My camp moc order is officially in! Cant wait.

Edit: also for my fellow Canadians Club Monaco is having a sale right now that includes Rancourt. This is perfect if you want something from them but dont want to deal with shipping fess or customs.

It's sad how any of the websites having rancourt on *sale* don't offer different width size,

I tried US 7.5 of Rancourt Roll beef up, the width was narrow for my feet and painful; wearing 8E in AllenEdmond fifth avenue (5 last).

I don't know if other styles in rancourt have generally wider width; moctoe, moccasin, boots, any thoughts?

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's sad how any of the websites having rancourt on *sale* don't offer different width size,

I tried US 7.5 of Rancourt Roll beef up, the width was narrow for my feet and painful; wearing 8E in AllenEdmond fifth avenue (5 last).

I don't know if other styles in rancourt have generally wider width; moctoe, moccasin, boots, any thoughts?
IIRC the Loafers are on a slimmer last when compared to boat shoes and all of their other products. My advice would be to email them and ask about it.

Kwaker

Reaction score
@NikT ... thanks for the heads-up on the sale ... CM is now processing a price adustment for the navy camp mocs that I purchased last month

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads