• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First post on StyleForum. This thread has already been responsible for a #8 shell beefroll purchase (through the good folks at PDG) and I'm now working on an MTO Parisian blue boat shoe. My wallet blames you. Personally.

I'm trying to decide between the honey colored boat sole with light brown and the red brick one with reddish laces. Anybody like one a lot more than the other?

@tv2177 , these look pretty sweet. Could you or @Portland Dry Goods tell me what color the laces are, specifically? And if you have any additional pics, would be awesome. There have been a few pics of the honey colored sole but not many or the red.

For blue, i like the red brick sole and cinnamon laces.

Although, i do admit it is a bit loud, and the honey with the regular rawhide laces would require less balls.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

First post on StyleForum. This thread has already been responsible for a #8 shell beefroll purchase (through the good folks at PDG) and I'm now working on an MTO Parisian blue boat shoe. My wallet blames you. Personally.

I'm trying to decide between the honey colored boat sole with light brown and the red brick one with reddish laces. Anybody like one a lot more than the other?

@tv2177, these look pretty sweet. Could you or @Portland Dry Goods tell me what color the laces are, specifically? And if you have any additional pics, would be awesome. There have been a few pics of the honey colored sole but not many or the red.

these laces are cinnamon, though I'll say they are a seemingly new version of what I expected for cinnamon - my old lace sample was red with sort of a gray core, these are red-orange throughout.

feel free to pm me about any little detailing - I've found I learn more and more about what rancourt can do with every customer we help out. as I see it the stranger requests get the better our PDG makesups are going to get.

edit: welcome aboard @fairlynerdy :)

Last edited:

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For blue, i like the red brick sole and cinnamon laces.

Although, i do admit it is a bit loud, and the honey with the regular rawhide laces would require less balls.

Ya, I made it knowing that it'll pop because it's summer time!

Also, I think I might need another boat shoes with Parisian blue and pistachio suede next summer.

@fairlynerdy My shoes is still on its way to me. I promise to upload more pics when I get them in the mail.

these laces are cinnamon, though I'll say they are a seemingly new version of what I expected for cinnamon - my old lace sample was red with sort of a gray core, these are red-orange throughout.

feel free to pm me about any little detailing - I've found I learn more and more about what rancourt can do with every customer we help out. as I see it the stranger requests get the better our PDG makesups are going to get.

edit: welcome aboard @fairlynerdy :)

Hope to see some great make ups from PDG in the coming season.

Last edited:

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the thoughts and thanks @Portland Dry Goods for the info in the laces. If I hadn't wanted to do the made to fit program to explore widths (which was useful, I ended up a size down and two widths out vs. the beefrolls I have), I would have ordered from you guys.

I'm definitely leaning towards the red brick and cinnamon. I've got a pair of natty CXL ones and can handle a little color. Will look forward to swapping pics and seeing yours @tv2177 when they come in.

Albert Yi

Reaction score
Haha I blame kmitch101 for starting the Parisian Blue boat shoe trend. Rancourt should give you a commission
laugh.gif

Mine are pretty comfortable now and I expect them to be perfect in a month once the leather finishes stretching. If you're gonna wear these sockless I heartily recommend sizing down 1/2.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so sexy!
can't believe they run out of the parisian blue that fast. I guess too many people saw the shoes on this thread and started ordering them.
Yeah I was pretty bummed when Katie told me they had none on order either.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I was pretty bummed when Katie told me they had none on order either.

did she tell you when they expect the next delivery? I am pretty surprised that they are out of the parisian blue cxl given that they just got a new batch in April.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did she tell you when they expect the next delivery? I am pretty surprised that they are out of the parisian blue cxl given that they just got a new batch in April.

Nope, she just told me they had none on order.

gstephen70

Reaction score
That kinda makes sense. Why order another summer color when any orders placed now won't get to the customer by the end of summer. I am still looking forward to receiving my boat shoes, but I've got to wonder how they run their business at Rancourt. These shoes don't seem difficult to make. Unless I am missing something, I can't see how these shoes couldn't be made in a day? Why the tremendous wait times? And if they are so busy filling orders, at least they should tell you wear you can buy them at other retailers.

As I would like a tan/natural pair before summer ends, I emailed George over at OSB and he suggested I place my order "to get them before everyone else". At least Rancourt tells you up front there is going to be a wait.

Well, I am wearing my box-stitched Sebago Horween's right now, so I am happy.

But if I have to wait much longer, I won't be.

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I would share this . . . I ordered some shell belts a while ago and they're now three weeks past the expected ship date. When I emailed Katie about it, I got the following response:

"It’s been a struggle to get accurate information on our cordovan belts."

No wonder they have such a hard time responding to us . . . they can't even get responses from their own factory floor!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Thought I would share this . . . I ordered some shell belts a while ago and they're now three weeks past the expected ship date.  When I emailed Katie about it, I got the following response:

"[COLOR=222222]It’s been a struggle to get accurate information on our cordovan belts."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]No wonder they have such a hard time responding to us . . . they can't even get responses from their own factory floor![/COLOR]

Maybe they aren't making them? Just speculation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads