• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@CMT1 congrats on the shoes...I would order that same make up of boat shoe...sadly the Rancourt pattern I just do not love enough on my foot for that investment...but everytime I see a pair of shell boatshoes...my brain starts churning....simply beautiful....congrats again!

Perhaps I will contact Scott and email him some pics of what I do not like...he may have a solution...never thought of that.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time posting in this thread and a huge fan of Rancourt's shoes.

In January, I picked up a pair of NIB espresso shell pinch pennies off Grailed for less than half their retail cost. It was a total coup, especially since they came with a Vibram mini lug sole that blew me away with the combination of its grip and comfort. I love how it keeps both the commando-style knobs and a low/dressy profile, and I've walked some serious miles in my loafers at this point without even a hint of foot fatigue.

Photo Gallery

3kCAGRh.jpg

hArNmcM.jpg

I liked them so much that my caramel shell Reed boat shoes were delivered last week:

2-Eyelet Reed Boat Shoe

- Unlined caramel shell cordovan
- Tan threading
- Brass eyelets with chestnut laces
- Natural midsole
- Honey Vibram #232 Mini-Lug Sole

Photo Gallery

zYcGuZi.jpg

sNElF9f.jpg

YbUvzHH.jpg

tDZobZ9.jpg

qNvzzZA.jpg

e1wahPo.jpg

ajJ9N0p.jpg

Bai0OZe.jpg

cj6IL7H.jpg

As with the loafers, the unlined shell and Vibram sole combo is amazingly comfortable for covering distances over all kinds of terrain. I am also surprised by how few rolls I've gotten over the past holiday weekend where I wore the boat shoes exclusively when we went out. Even the left shoe, which usually gets hammered from working the clutch in our manual cars, did not show a lot of wear by the time they were damp wiped/brushed, shoe tree'd and put away.

Before:

6paNThR.jpg

After:

MX1VKYP.jpg

Very impressed. I should also note that dealing with both Donna and Scott W. at Rancourt customer service was an absolute pleasure and I am really looking forward to doing it again. :)

I hope everyone is having a great (short) week!

Gorgeous shoes! Great photography! Enjoy!

CMT1

Reaction score
Wow those pinch pennies look incredible. I'd like to again sing my praises for Scott. He is a "can do" type of guy. Anything I throw at him his response has been "not a problem" Hard to find that level of service anymore.

Thank you and that's very good to know! I'm so enamored with the Vibram sole that I'm hoping to choose it as an upgrade for whatever I buy next. I keep bouncing back and forth between the caramel PTB, long wing blucher and the wingtip boot as a next purchase, and I'll definitely be emailing Scott about the sole config when it's time.

@CMT1 congrats on the shoes...I would order that same make up of boat shoe...sadly the Rancourt pattern I just do not love enough on my foot for that investment...but everytime I see a pair of shell boatshoes...my brain starts churning....simply beautiful....congrats again!

Perhaps I will contact Scott and email him some pics of what I do not like...he may have a solution...never thought of that.

Go for it! It's a shame that only Rancourt offers a shell boat shoe, but it does make sense. I would assume that sales of the shoe are so very low volume that I'm basically thrilled to have found one at all.

I know they made the Brooks Brothers Color #8 option back in the day, which is what initially put Rancourt on my radar.

Thanks for the good press my man, and I hope all is well, as always.

Gorgeous shoes! Great photography! Enjoy!

Thank you!

Enjoy the weekend, all!

roz77

Reaction score
First time poster.

I purchased a pair of Baxter
Ranger Mocs in natural a little over a month ago. I can't overemphasize how much I like these shoes. They are molding to my foot very nicely and already picking up a patina. Plus they smell amazing.

Please excuse my shoddy photography skills.

View attachment 810484 View attachment 810491 View attachment 810492

Damn those look good. They've been on my list for a while and will probably be picking up a pair sometime in the next few months. Great shoes!

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not Rancourt, but this is what I wore on this hot day at work: VTG Timberland USA mocs. Who knows, but these may have been handsewn by someone who now works at Rancourt. Anyway, these are high quality. Unlined (for the heat!) padded collar, brass eyelets, gum soles. Sans socks. Picked them up new last year off ebay. My shirt is a USA Brooks OCBD and the pants are some Hickey freeman chinos (probably not made in the USA, but who knows). My tie is a MiUSA Psycho Bunny (just checked). Were supposed to hit 100 today (whew!).
6sURY25.jpg

kNVcClv.jpg

CMT1

Reaction score
Such a killer deep brown hue. My loafers are the same way. Very little effort required to raise and maintain a great shine on them.

I've been debating a pair of boots v. long wings, and in either caramel or espresso since last week. Given my usual indecision I should be ready to order around October. :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads