• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

irishcafe

Reaction score

the blue color seems a bit brigher than the standard navy Chronomexcel and i really like the color contrast between the leather and the sole. Since im also very weak for boat shoes i had to order a pair of them aswell.
I am in love with this color CXL so I emailed Katie about doing a three eye-let boat shoes with crepe widget, orange insole, and bright yellow lace. But she told me that these bad boy CXL won't be available for another 6 weeks. I guess I'll check back with her in 6 weeks.

irishcafe

Reaction score

More Rancourt coppage. Wicassets that I picked up from Gilt: a layer of dust on them: after brushing: I thought the soles would be white but they're more beige. Here's what they look like after wearing them yesterday afternoon:
I'm sure a good walk in the isle of manhattan will darken them up with a nice, dark heavy-duty soot.
my ranger moc with vibram is rather dark after about 8 months of wearing.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Alright, guys. I have three days left to decide which Rancourt's I want for daily use this spring/summer before my gift certificate from the "Made to fit" program ends. I was going to go with these:

But those damn Parisian blue are stuck in my head!! I don't think the blue could be daily as I'd always be worried about them coordinating with what else I was wearing. Maybe if I got 2 pairs...
Any thoughts on the soles shown vs the Vibrams? Still undecided.

GooseG

Reaction score

Alright, guys. I have three days left to decide which Rancourt's I want for daily use this spring/summer before my gift certificate from the "Made to fit" program ends. I was going to go with these: But those damn Parisian blue are stuck in my head!! I don't think the blue could be daily as I'd always be worried about them coordinating with what else I was wearing. Maybe if I got 2 pairs... Any thoughts on the soles shown vs the Vibrams? Still undecided.
Honestly, it's a coinflip. I couldn't decide which one to go with so I went with a Vibram 232. I wanted the durability of a harder compound but not the profile that the wedge sole provided. Also, the 232 is a honey color which goes with the Natural CXL and natural edge.

odessaboots

Reaction score
Honestly, it's a coinflip. I couldn't decide which one to go with so I went with a Vibram 232. I wanted the durability of a harder compound but not the profile that the wedge sole provided. Also, the 232 is a honey color which goes with the Natural CXL and natural edge.
Can you post some pictures of these please? This is almost exactly what I am looking at and I want to see them in the wild...

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Is the 232 only available as custom? I wanted to go stock to keep the cost down.

GooseG

Reaction score

Can you post some pictures of these please? This is almost exactly what I am looking at and I want to see them in the wild...

I just ordered them the other day, so no real life pics. I will definitely put some up when they get here.

@tifosi, as far as I know this isn't a "stock" option for Ranger Mocs. But you never know if what they'd say if you ask. Those Vibrams need to be glued to a midsole regardless, you're not changing the rest of the shoe, and they stock it for sure. All depends on whether they consider that makeup "custom" or MTO.

I suppose I should have asked too, but that hadn't occurred to me and I wanted to customize thread and eyelets, etc anyway.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Alright, guys. I have three days left to decide which Rancourt's I want for daily use this spring/summer before my gift certificate from the "Made to fit" program ends. I was going to go with these: But those damn Parisian blue are stuck in my head!! I don't think the blue could be daily as I'd always be worried about them coordinating with what else I was wearing. Maybe if I got 2 pairs... Any thoughts on the soles shown vs the Vibrams? Still undecided.
How about for summer the Parisian blue Ranger Mocs with a red brick sole? I don't even know if that's a possibility but if it were.... I agree about that Parisian blue being an awesome color.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

How about for summer the Parisian blue Ranger Mocs with a red brick sole? I don't even know if that's a possibility but if it were....

I agree about that Parisian blue being an awesome color.

I really like the Parisian, but I'm concerned with the versatility. My wardrobe doesn't include much if any black so maybe it isn't a big deal?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I really like the Parisian, but I'm concerned with the versatility. My wardrobe doesn't include much if any black so maybe it isn't a big deal?

That's the way I look at it. I own maybe I own very little black and once the weather warms up I rarely wear any of it in the summer. Those Parisian blue shoes would work for me without any problems in the spring/summer.

I have some blue suede Indy boots, blue suede wingtips, and blue shell beefroll Rancourts and find them to be much more versatile than I expected when I initially got them. I think blue shoes are great. I wasn't planning on any new shoes for this spring and summer but now I'm reconsidering...

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

That's the way I look at it. I own maybe I own very little black and once the weather warms up I rarely wear any of it in the summer. Those Parisian blue shoes would work for me without any problems in the spring/summer.

I have some blue suede Indy boots, blue suede wingtips, and blue shell beefroll Rancourts and find them to be much more versatile than I expected when I initially got them. I think blue shoes are great. I wasn't planning on any new shoes for this spring and summer but now I'm reconsidering...

Hmmmm this is tough one. My sensible side says natural, but that blue!!! I have a pair of navy loafers and I wore them quite a bit last year. I just remember telling myself that I really need something brown next year....

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you don't already have a pair of brown shoes for the warm weather months, then that is a different situation. If it is between adding another pair of brown shoes or another pair of blue shoes (and this blue in particular), I'd probably go with the blue.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Yeah, if you don't already have a pair of brown shoes for the warm weather months, then that is a different situation. If it is between adding another pair of brown shoes or another pair of blue shoes (and this blue in particular), I'd probably go with the blue.

You are right. I'm going with the natural and if I find myself able to, I'll add the blue later on. Gotta have 'em!

Now. Vibram or Reltex? I prefer the look of the Reltex, but how is the durability and comfort? What would hold up better to daily use?

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I love blue shoes. Here's my family:

(AE Neumok, Alden LWB in navy CXL, J. Crew Kenton buck, BB nubuck)

I consider the nubuck a summer shoe but I think the rest can be worn year-round.

To tie this back to Rancourt, today I intend to pull the trigger on a Blake boot in navy shell. It will be my first Rancourt shell so I'm quite excited about it. I'll certainly post pics when they arrive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads