• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Maybe a higher heel cup and/or an extra pair of eyelets?

I think mine now are going to just be boxed and placed in the closet, until someone bites on an ebay ad.

Right something like that. It comes down the fact that I like their handsewn styles so well and I'm not really in need of the Blake style if the fit isn't right there.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
True that. Mine are wearable. Just not ideal. I'll most certainly live to order more Rancourt. That makeup sounds great. I'm eyeing something in a high boot with a boat sole. Unlined. Sort of a summer thing

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh well, it's not the most expensive shoe mistake I've made :D

In other news, I did just complete a custom makeup order yesterday:

Ranger Moc
Natural Chromexcel
Tan stitching
Chestnut leather laces
Vibram 232 mini-lug
Natural midsole

Great makeup! I got the same shoe back at the end of summer and it's been my go to casual footwear since then.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Your wish is my command:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I really hope mine work out.  I've come to really love CXL and to the best of my knowledge nobody else comes close to offering the color and makeup combinations that Rancourt does.  I'll post a fit update after my testers arrive.

I certainly hope your order works out for you. I can't say there's anything intrinsically wrong with the Blake by any means. It's just one of those things where it doesn't quite suit me personally.

And in terms of CXL choices (great leather!) and other options to pick as you like, along with quick delivery, I think it's hard to beat Rancourt.

cathpah

Reaction score
Took some quick photos of my dark olive CXL beefrolls that I got from Portland Dry Goods. They're a custom makeup that PDG is stocking in-store (also available to over over the phone), so I got all sorts of cool/unique details, but didn't have to pay the $50 customization fee. The leather is stunning (just barely olive, so super versatile) and the soles are fantastic (I'm like a silent ninja in these, plus the heel keeps them a bit more formal/attractive than a crepe wedge sole). Definitely my new favorite sole for summer shoes. Props to Dustin at PDG for brainstorming this makeup.

Album here.

GooseG

Reaction score

Took some quick photos of my dark olive CXL beefrolls that I got from Portland Dry Goods.  They're a custom makeup that PDG is stocking in-store (also available to over over the phone), so I got all sorts of cool/unique details, but didn't have to pay the $50 customization fee.  The leather is stunning (just barely olive, so super versatile) and the soles are fantastic (I'm like a silent ninja in these, plus the heel keeps them a bit more formal/attractive than a crepe wedge sole).  Definitely my new favorite sole for summer shoes.   Props to Dustin at PDG for brainstorming this makeup.

Album here.

NICE. I really like the Olive.. was torn between that and Natural for my Ranger Mocs.

cathpah

Reaction score
NICE. I really like the Olive.. was torn between that and Natural for my Ranger Mocs.
Yeah, Natural CXL is definitely one of my favorite leathers (I've got 3 pairs of natty cxl shoes and a natty cxl briefcase). I actually went to Portland Dry Goods with the intention of buying them in natural, but when I saw the olive version, it was all over. I think dark olive is my new favorite leather (I've got a pair of boots being built in the same leather by Nick's Boots through a custom makeup from Vermillyea Pelle), as it has that same uniqueness that natural cxl has (that distinctive grey/green hue), but a bit darker. Brown CXL is nice, but it's just plain brown...so I prefer that hint of uniqueness gained by the olive, yet it's still versatile enough to pass of as brown in 99% of outfits.

The sole just seals the deal.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Rancourt coppage. Wicassets that I picked up from Gilt:

a layer of dust on them:

after brushing:

I thought the soles would be white but they're more beige. Here's what they look like after wearing them yesterday afternoon:

I'm sure a good walk in the isle of manhattan will darken them up with a nice, dark heavy-duty soot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads