• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

tampatravel

Reaction score
Can can anyone help me out on the name of this style? I picked them up on eBay for $79 and I'm very pleased.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Question, will the Read Boat shoes fit the same as my beefroll loafers, or would you suggest sizing down one since I will wear them sockless? My loafers fit well, but truth be told even if I sized down on the loafers, they likely wouldn't have been too tight, rather just a bit more snug. Thanks guys.

I believe the loafers are all on the same last. So should fit the same. Seems as if you could size down for sockless wear. The handsewns do mold to the foot pretty well. The pair I have that started out tightest have definitely become comfortable with wear.

Can can anyone help me out on the name of this style? I picked them up on eBay for $79 and I'm very pleased.

Those are the weltline penny loafers. What do you guess the leather is, or did the listing say? $79 is a very very good price for those. Congrats.

tampatravel

Reaction score

I believe the loafers are all on the same last. So should fit the same. Seems as if you could size down for sockless wear. The handsewns do mold to the foot pretty well. The pair I have that started out tightest have definitely become comfortable with wear.
Those are the weltline penny loafers. What do you guess the leather is, or did the listing say? $79 is a very very good price for those. Congrats.

Thanks!!! I'm pretty sure they're DARK BROWN MIMOSA CALF. They're going to be given to my dad. They're a little wide for me to go sockless with. The quality of these are in another league from my two pairs of Reed/Barron boat shoes.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!! I'm pretty sure they're DARK BROWN MIMOSA CALF. They're going to be given to my dad. They're a little wide for me to go sockless with. The quality of these are in another league from my two pairs of Reed/Barron boat shoes.
I would have thought they are something different because they are not as shiny as the mimosa looks in other pics i've seen. Maybe its the lighting.

Could it be the "Chocolate Rambler" or the "Dark Brown Bulldog" instead?

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Just a heads up: We're expecting 3 styles in mid may for our summer drop with rancourt. lots of olive in the works - and belts to match. Keep an eye out for some PDG x Rancourt in the future.

Meanwhile, I've touched up my rangers with some conditioner - the mid brown buckaroo has darkened up to a really nice shade

tampatravel

Reaction score

I would have thought they are something different because they are not as shiny as the mimosa looks in other pics i've seen. Maybe its the lighting. Could it be the "Chocolate Rambler" or the "Dark Brown Bulldog" instead?
Its totally the lighting and the flash. But they could be the bulldog the more I look at it.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So hard to say with Rancourt, since they could be MTO and therefore almost any leather. Whatever they are, they are great find b

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just a heads up: We're expecting 3 styles in mid may for our summer drop with rancourt. lots of olive in the works - and belts to match. Keep an eye out for some PDG x Rancourt in the future.

Meanwhile, I've touched up my rangers with some conditioner - the mid brown buckaroo has darkened up to a really nice shade

Sounds good. Olive CXL? And what are the shoe styles? Handsewns, Blakes? Etc.

Or Top Secret?
1f609.png

Belts sound good too.

Upas

Reaction score
I've been looking at both OSB Trail Oxfords and the Rancourt Ranger Mocs. I'm probably going to get them in a brown (maybe natural) with a camp sole.

Does anyone in this thread have experience with both brands? Do you know how the OSBs and Rancourt shoes compare to each other?

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Sounds good. Olive CXL? And what are the shoe styles? Handsewns, Blakes? Etc.

Or Top Secret?
1f609.png

Belts sound good too.

olive cxl, olive suede, all of the olives!

All handsewns. all low cut (hopefully itll warm up around here) but I'll keep them secret beyond that. I've also got some blake construction ideas brewing but we'll see if I can impliment those for fall.

gets dangerous playing with the swatches all day!

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In my experience, never.

However, you can get them on sale sometimes from one of their indirect distributers.

That's what I figured, but had to ask before I pulled the ol' trigger.

So in that case, anyone know if the sizing advice that seems to be generally accepted for the penny loafers (size down 0.5) runs true for the camp mocs?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

olive cxl, olive suede, all of the olives!

All handsewns. all low cut (hopefully itll warm up around here) but I'll keep them secret beyond that. I've also got some blake construction ideas brewing but we'll see if I can impliment those for fall.

gets dangerous playing with the swatches all day!

I'll come up from Boston and we can both scheme :)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's what I figured, but had to ask before I pulled the ol' trigger.

So in that case, anyone know if the sizing advice that seems to be generally accepted for the penny loafers (size down 0.5) runs true for the camp mocs?

I can't size down at all for Rancourt. I think the general experience on this thread is that sizing down had not worked out well for people. Of course, if you have a a pair of Rancourt penny loafers that fit well, I'd say, yes go with the same size as those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads