1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

The new Configurator is really nicely done! I know how much time goes into creating something like that. Talk about a serious time waster for me...I could spend a lot of time on there. Hopefully in the future we will be able to save configurations and edit or order at a later date.

2. CrackedCrab

CrackedCrab Senior member

TH3515 thanks for the field test and tips...very helpful.
    I also got them in peanut suede from ebay.
    I have a narrow heel to begin with so makes these challenging. I love the quality of the leathers and construction of eastland/rancourt thought.

3. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

Received a pair of Parisian Blue Baxter Ranger Mocs yesterday! Customs related charges amounted to $51.09 for shipping to the Toronto area, but they're well worth it.

Here's some pics I took this morning straight out of the box. I'll take some photos when i use them in natural light today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couple shots with them out this afternoon. I was a bit worried about them being narrower than I'd like, but they've felt really good out of the box. The aspen sole has a kind of softness to it, which makes them extremely comfortable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Very nice, Congrats

5. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

A little help. I have been zeroing in on the Repello Ranger design that I have been thinking about for a few months. I was torn between snuff and bitter chocolate, but after seeing them both on the MTO page, I think I am leaning towards snuff. My latest dilemma is on sole color and midsole color. Should I go Smoke Aspen with Black Midsole (midsole intended to blend in with sole) or the Natural Aspen with brown Midsole (midsole intended to blend in with upper. Or should I go brown Midsole with Smoke Sole.

The MTO page doesn't have Aspen as an option, so I substituted the RLH instead for illustrative purposes. The natural Aspen is a little pinker than the natural reltex, bear in mind.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, ignore the laces because I will change those out to brown cord laces, or maybe some funky pattern cord laces.

Anyone have any input on Calfskin vs Deerskin lining? Which is softer?

Still open to Bitter Chocolate if anyone thinks I should reconsider. Plan on wearing these mostly with dark denim.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I personally like the overall flow of the natural with brown midsole the best. I also think the lighter sole provides a nice contrast with the darker denim. That would be my vote

7. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

deerskin for sure. id line all my shoes in it if i could

8. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Thanks for the input, Gents.

9. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I personally love unlined suede. Good suede (the kind Rancourt uses) still has a top-grain side on the inside of the shoe. So you'll get the smooth comfort of a lined shoe, but the awesome break in of an unlined shoe. Of course, a lined shoe can be much, much warmer than an unlined shoe.

10. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I wanted them to be unlined originally, but Katie said no can do, because the Repello is so supple that the shoes would have no structure without a lining. Do you think I should go unlined anyway? They'll have structure while my foot is in them, but probably lay flat as a pancake when i'm not wearing them.

11. coolron

coolron Senior member

If Repello wouldn't work, check out Orion suede. It a tiny bit less fine but it still has a short nap and soft feel. It holds up a bit more too but it's still very nice unlined.

12. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Ah, of course, repello is a split suede. So it doesn't have that top grain, it would feel like flesh side on both sides. So, yeah, I would trust them if they say it needs a lining. Calico is full grain suede, and is amazing unlined. But they don't have it in a snuff or brown color (odd!). If you want the brown color, go lined and be happy. My personal opinion is that shoes are better when unlined, hence why I buy so much CXL and unlined shell. So I'd go for a lighter color in calico. :) But I already have a pair of those Steven Alan peanut suedes, so I'm all set.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Ya, I think I'm settled on the Snuff for this make-up, so unless they make the Orion in snuff?

In other news, I might be ordering the Women's midboot for my GF in Brown CXL with Boat sole and white stitching. Not sure if that is exciting to anyone. She thinks it would be nice with jeans and sweaters this fall.

14. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

I tried doing to custom order with the coupon on the Rancourt website but it keeps failing, showing "Server Error". Anyone else have this problem?

15. coolron

coolron Senior member

You'll have to go with Repello for snuff, Orion's only in Navy and Walnut, which is more of a chocolate color.

16. helius0

helius0 Well-Known Member

I managed to place my custom order using the coupon code a couple of days ago - Friday Aug 23, 10pm-ish EST.

The PayPal payment method wasn't working at that time, no idea if it's working now.

17. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

My Green shell ranger moc is in the delivery truck now. [​IMG]
    Couldn't see it until back to home.
    Just hope I got the right size. Finger cross x 1000 [​IMG]

18. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Thanks for the guidance. I like the Walnut too. Might have to weight it as an option.

19. coolron

coolron Senior member

No problem, I originally was going to go with Repello but changed my mind to the Orion for my penny loafers since it seemed a bit beefier. I'm glad I went with it on my penny loafers since the fleshier suede worked with the RLH sole for a slightly more rustic loafer.

20. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

Finally back to home and will post photo later.

I ordered 7E for the ranger moc.
    The fitting I would say is similar to my Barron Boat shoes in 7D.
    I guess I could do 7.5E for a relax fit.

Right now the problem is the thread ending underneath the vamp is quite long, that it scratches/rub my feet.
    The location of the thread is tricky, scissors could not get inside the shoe to cut, also the thread is not long enough to cut as well...
    Any idea to cut the thread?