1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

$570 vs. $510. Because of that $50 extra custom charge (+$10 for the tempest) I've been a bit bothersome to their crew to make sure the sole is exactly what I want. They must deal with crazy shoe people all day long, heaven help them. The Navy insole was at no cost, and basically because it was a free customization that just gives them a bit of a hidden flair.

I'm planning on wearing these all around the office, in the city, in nature, around the water/boats, and potentially, with suits depending on how I feel they look. FrankCowperwood pushed me over the edge with the tempest, saying that the leather on his beefrolls are a bit slippery, and that I'd be happier with the tempest. Hopefully the tempest sole will also make these last longer before needing a resole.

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Is anyone currently stocking a dark green (non-kelly) Venetian make up at the moment?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

That is very thoughtful and generous of you. Thank you.
    Looking forward to pics. Rancourt has been very accommodating IME.

That upcharge seems reasonable. I think you'll be pleased with the tempest. I too have asked them many ridiculous questions about custom orders, but I always drop the ticket in the end.

Navy insole is a nice and unique touch. I never knew that they could do different colored insoles. I might have to incorporate that in to my next MTO.

4. coolron

coolron Senior member

Just got an email that my first order from Rancourt has shipped. Going to post pics once it arrives.

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

You've definitely peaked my interest. Please post some pictures when you get them.

I'm also glad to hear about the tempest heel. Typically I like to know exactly what I am getting, but in this case I'm glad to hear it's an all rubber heel. My #8 Ranger Mocs should be shipping out tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  6. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Actually, at the last moment, I changed my mind and went to the standard makeup. I do that a lot. The full rubber heel sounded great, but then I saw what the new tempest sole looks like (PDG had a post on here with suede chukkas that have the new one). Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome, totally perfect for rangers and boots, but now I agree that it's probably wrong for loafers. I also worried that if the leather is too thick, it might not be flexible enough for my heel to stay in, which would be disastrous. Anyway, I decided that I'm a trad at heart, and if I'm getting shell beefrolls, might as well get trad ones.

I did confirm that in future resoles, if I want to go to the tempest I can at the standard resole price. Sorry to disappoint that I won't have pics for all of you guys.

7. coolron

coolron Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

^ Is that snuff or bitter chocolate?

9. coolron

coolron Senior member

Neither, walnut Orion.

10. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Really? the nap looks so fine I was sure it was Repello. Would you agree it is a short/fine nap? or are the pics misleading in that sense?

Nice pickup!

11. coolron

coolron Senior member

Thanks! It has a fairly short nap but it's not as smooth as Repello. It's still finer than I originally expected and am pleasantly surprised.

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

My Ranger Mocs were supposed ship today, however I received an email instead that stated that they were a bit behind schedule due to the large number of orders they had received the last couple of weeks. The email did state however that they would be expedited and shipped to me by Monday. If this is true I would still be getting them about the same time anyway.

I do like how they emailed me to let me know what was going on.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

^Yes, that is quite refreshing.

14. gmmiddle

gmmiddle Well-Known Member

Finally took pics. I was hoping to find a parking lot to keep with the theme earlier in the thread, but all you have is my driveway.

Espresso Ranger Moc, Tempest sole, contrast stich. My own laces, what they sent was 26" long and useless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Great looking! Looks more like the mini-lug than tempest sole to me

What are the laces?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  16. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I saw some Rancourts on a guy the other day with accessory cord for laces. I was wondering what you all thought about that. I was thinking of putting it in my ranger mocs.

Similar to this: http://www.rei.com/category/40006009

...and like this offer by Eastland (whom Rancourt makes)
    [​IMG]

17. gmmiddle

gmmiddle Well-Known Member

Yes, you are right. Montello mini-lug. I copied yours!

I'll have to check the laces. I've bought a bunch trying to find something that work, not sure which these are. TZLaces on amazon has some good selections.

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Nice!

I got the flat laces from The Hanger Project and they work well too. I will check those out, thanks

19. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

those look incredible. i was off put by the stock pix of those sole, but they look great.

20. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Wow. These look so good. Sole suites the shoe very well and it looks like they are getting great wear.

Also, green suede chukkas, Rancourt for BB. Crepe solo on these is supremely comfortable.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.