Race, Ethnicity, style forum

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by miran, Apr 26, 2011.

1. miran

miran Senior member

I thought I'd start a top level message but if it's against the forum policy sorry.

I am curious about the racial and ethnic and national composition here.

I've seen handles like <<randomkoreandude>>, descriptions like <<Persian bro>> and <<Hebrew homie>> and posts about East Asian big and flat noses not holding sunglasses on.

So where are you from and how does it hinder your fashion sense?

I'll start, I am from Montreal, Canada, which seems to be a putdown in this board. My parents are born in Morocco. I don't have any fashion hinderances but I wish I had nicer hair because on bad days it looks like mohair.

2. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Another winning thread...[​IMG]

I've been told I'm very nordsinid in appearance, which probably hints at my eastern Chinese ancestry?
    But I've also been told my jaw structure isn't very, ummm, "progressive".

3. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I thought I'd start a top level message but if it's against the forum policy sorry. I am curious about the racial and ethnic and national composition here. I've seen handles like <<randomkoreandude>>, descriptions like <<Persian bro>> and <<Hebrew homie>> and posts about East Asian big and flat noses not holding sunglasses on. So where are you from and how does it hinder your fashion sense? I'll start, I am from Montreal, Canada, which seems to be a putdown in this board. My parents are born in Morocco. I don't have any fashion hinderances but I wish I had nicer hair because on bad days it looks like mohair.
    i am from laguna niguel in southern california but i currently live/work in slc utah and i hate it.

4. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

^ You can go motoring on them salt flats?

I forgot the important bit - I'm Taiwanese/Australia, very confused by all the ninjas in Melbourne, and very frustrated at the scarcity of well-made clothing in Australia.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i am from laguna niguel in southern california but i currently live/work in slc utah and i hate it.
    I take it that you are caucasian?

6. whatever123

^ You can go motoring on them salt flats? I forgot the important bit - I'm Taiwanese/Australia, very confused by all the ninjas in Melbourne, and very frustrated at the scarcity of well-made clothing in Australia.
    they do a lot of speed trials there ... ~ 4 years ago they built a super cool race track that i go to sometimes when they hold gt class races. if they carved out a rally race track in one of mountains here it might be a bit more tolerable. [​IMG]

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

My eyes, lactose tolerance, and fair skin hint at my Norse-by-way-of-Scotland ancestry, while my concave, pointed nose and small mouth belie the Norman/Celt/Roman mongrel heritage of the English. My narrow chest brings to mind the wastes of Abyssinia while my Lilliputian schlong recalls Inner Mongolia. My athletic prowess would not be out-of-place in Dahomey and my sexual preferences run towards the Iberian.

I am a true citizen of the world.

8. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

Interesting thread.

I'm plain old white bread. Irish and german ancestry. I get a bad sunburn before I get tan :). I currently live in St. Louis, but was born and raised in Salina, KS (S-Town). Physically, no fashion hindrances. Geographically, I pretty much have to buy everything online since I don't want to dress exclusively in Rams/Cards/Mizzou/Tapout gear.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

My eyes, lactose tolerance, and fair skin hint at my Norse-by-way-of-Scotland ancestry, while my concave, pointed nose and small mouth belie the Norman/Celt/Roman mongrel heritage of the English. My narrow chest brings to mind the wastes of Abyssinia while my Lilliputian schlong recalls Inner Mongolia. My athletic prowess would not be out-of-place in Dahomey and my sexual preferences run towards the Iberian. I am a true citizen of the world.
    is that a picture of you in your avatar?

10. whatever123

I take it that you are caucasian?

mom is italian and dad is irish.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

mom is italian and dad is irish.
    Got it. The girl I am dating is from laguna niguel and she has mentioned several times how she was one of the few minorities (asian) at her school

12. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

So where are you from and how does it hinder your fashion sense?

Just wanted to highlight this gem.

13. whatever123

Got it. The girl I am dating is from laguna niguel and she has mentioned several times how she was one of the few minorities (asian) at her school
    oh yeah? what school does she go to? what area is she in? i lived right off crown valley parkway (right by el nigueal country club).

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I'm Korean and ashamed of it