• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zazaza,

You might have just got a bogus pair. I got my Black Bluchers from South Willard too, and they are arguablly one of the most comfortable and well constructed pair of shoes I own. I have little to no arch in my foot, so the extra arch support in them really suits me well.

Sorry to hear that yours are no good.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a pair of the Quoddy Boat Shoes to wear in warm weather (over the summer) - my question is do they get too hot if they are lined? And are they uncomfortable if they are unlined?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are extremely comfortable unlined ... not sure about lined cuz i dont have a pair lined. both of mine are unlined.

in terms of hot, if you go sockless it is fine it will just smell later haha

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I've worn mine sockless for 4 months now (not everyday, 2-3 times a week), and they smell fine.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mine are Alden, not Quoddy, but my guess is that the affect of lined vs. unlined is the same regardless of brand.

Oxnard

Reaction score
^Yeah I have both lined and unlined versions, and find the lined quoddys to be significantly more comfortable, I don't get why they are so unpopular among the masses of quoddy fans. No smell either, and the extra leather really helps out on days where I am spending a long amount of time walking.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i was kinda joking on the whole smell thing. lol everyone is commenting on the smell of their boat shoes. even if they did i put cedar shoe trees in that make them smell like fresh cedar regardless haha

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get those cool navy blue Quoddy x Rogues Gallery penny loafers any more? If anybody has a pair in 11 or 12, send me a PM.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
Purchased a pair of the brown boat shoes from O'Connells last night at 3:30...hahaha. Hopefully they'll be in stock tomorrow when they get shipped out.

dougie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by who8mahrice
Purchased a pair of the brown boat shoes from O'Connells last night at 3:30...hahaha. Hopefully they'll be in stock tomorrow when they get shipped out.

how are people still getting them from o'connells? it seems like every size configuration is unavailable.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
*shrug* Most of the black sole is gone, so I had to go with the white sole. 8.5 E for me. Quite a few sizes of the C and E widths left. Plenty of sizes left in the mocassins though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads