• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

granjamo

Reaction score

Great color and photo.

nachomann

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering about sizing regarding the 341 Last (Harlech). If I wear a 7.5D in Alden Barrie last (with a little space to spare) should I take a 6.5UK or 7UK? Thanks!

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering about sizing regarding the 341 Last (Harlech). If I wear a 7.5D in Alden Barrie last (with a little space to spare) should I take a 6.5UK or 7UK? Thanks!

I am a 7.5D in Barrie boots and the fit is pretty much perfect. I have two 341 Harlechs and they are both UK 7E. I like the fit but I could have gone to a UK 6.5E I think. Since you have a bit of room in the 7.5D Barrie, I think you'd be okay with a 341 6.5E Harlech. But as you know, it's all a crap shoot, depending on how finicky you are about fit. Good luck.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

btw, welcome to the forum. You are on a downward spiral as regards your budget hereon in!

nachomann

Reaction score
I am a 7.5D in Barrie boots and the fit is pretty much perfect. I have two 341 Harlechs and they are both UK 7E. I like the fit but I could have gone to a UK 6.5E I think. Since you have a bit of room in the 7.5D Barrie, I think you'd be okay with a 341 6.5E Harlech. But as you know, it's all a crap shoot, depending on how finicky you are about fit. Good luck.

Thank you sir! As long as they fit and I don't get a crease in the Cap I'm happy :) I think I'll go with the 6.5E!

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
I just received my new lined 341 Sydney and unlined 341 Teign loafers in size 9.5E in snuff and dark brown suede respectively. They're just in time for high summer down under in Auckland, New Zealand and the eternal summer up in South East Asia.

Being unlined, the Teign loafers are a tad sleeker (which I prefer) in appearance than the Sydney loafers, with the later being a tad chunkier in appearance.

Unfortunately, the standard model options for the Teign loafers are rather limited at this time and my budget doesn't extend to special orders. So, I'm having to make do with the Sydney loafers for my other loafer requirements. For example, I also have on order another two pairs of Sydney loafers in black and dark brown antique calf. Both with leather soles.

Lastly, a quick shout out to @PCK1 and @Cleav to thank you again for your earlier advice regarding completing my C&J collection. In particular, thanks @PCK1 for pointing me in the direction of the Teign loafers, which I really like.
smile.gif

Details (from left to right): lined 341 Sydney loafers in snuff suede and unlined 341 Teign loafers in dark brown suede.

Last edited:

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
Anybody have the Barrington 2 or have seen them in person? I'm looking for a new C&J to go with my Lowndes and Weymouth but unfortunately moved to a place where I can't find a spot to try them out in person.

Edit: here is a link to the shoes

http://m.crockettandjones.com//product/barrington-tan

Yes, I have a couple of pairs of Barrington 2 oxfords (see spoiler below). Is there anything I can help you with?

madridista

Reaction score
^ Those look nice. I am also in the market for Teign but I was interested in color other than dark brown and navy. I found that Teign is also available in Snuff suede (unlined version) in Crockett & Jones French Stores http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/teign-snuff). I contacted French Mail Order folks but did not receive reply. I should email one of the stores in France but going to hold off as I order one of each EG, GG and Carmina shoes since Monday.

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score

@Cleav your above post is testing my resolve regarding my self imposed prohibition against C&J MTO. As you may recall, I already own a pair of 348 Westbourne oxfords in black calf. And, I also have a pair in chestnut burnished calf ones arriving tomorrow. But what I really wanted (rather than the chestnut burnished calf) was a dark brown pair like yours. Alas, I was reluctant to spring for the MTO.

P.S. Belated New Year best wishes to you and your English roses.

Last edited:

Faster

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New to the forum.

Need some help to make sure I get my size right on C&J.

I currently own a pair of Finsbury oxfords in what I believe (per C&J website) to be 341 last. Does anyone here have experience going from an oxford to the Harlech Cap Toe Boot and whether any adjustment to sizing was needed.

Thanks

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score

@madridista thanks for the pointer to C&J France for the Teign loafer in snuff suede. I will try and contact them too. If I can buy a pair from France, then I will return my unworn Sydney loafers in snuff suede for a refund. I hear you regarding the limited Teign model options. Hopefully, C&J are reading this thread and taking note.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just received my new lined 341 Sydney and unlined 341 Teign loafers in size 9.5E in snuff and dark brown suede respectively. They're just in time for high summer down under in Auckland, New Zealand and the eternal summer up in South East Asia. Being unlined, the Teign loafers are a tad sleeker (which I prefer) in appearance than the Sydney loafers, with the later being a tad chunkier in appearance. Unfortunately, the standard model options for the Teign loafers are rather limited at this time and my budget doesn't extend to special orders. So, I'm having to make do with the Sydney loafers for my other loafer requirements. For example, I also have on order another two pairs of Sydney loafers in black and dark brown antique calf. Both with leather soles. Lastly, a quick shout out to @PCK1 and @Cleav to thank you again for your earlier advice regarding completing my C&J collection. In particular, thanks @PCK1 for pointing me in the direction of the Teign loafers, which I really like. :)
Details (from left to right): lined 341 Sydney loafers in snuff suede and unlined 341 Teign loafers in dark brown suede.
Mate, looking good there and thanks for the kind words. Best wishes to you and yours for the coming year (already one/twelfth very nearly over!) English Flower Garden are great thanks! I'll look forward to seeing those MTO's ;)

adebisi

Reaction score
hello dudes.

I just got these leather Crockett and Jones in excellent condition but no idea about this model ! I have found nothing on the web.

If you have some informations about this mysterious shoes I would be interested. Thanx a lot.

quine

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I don't post very often, but I lurk... and I've really become enamored of the Courtenay in antique burgundy. Unfortunately, they are difficult to find (and have been for the last several months). I believe they are carried by the C&J store in France, and I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to get a pair from them - they do not offer mail ordering. I live in the US, and the C&J store in New York has offered to charge me $1200 for the burgundy Courtenay as a "special order" item, even though they are currently being offered in my desired configuration in France (for well under $1000, including VAT).

So what do you do when you want some shoes from another country? Is a proxy the solution?

Thanks for any help or insight you might be able to offer!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads