• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Mifune

Reaction score
I came across this before, but the 363 is half size bigger and from the angle of the camera, the 363 looks not as beautiul as 337. From the pictures in C&J website, 363 looks much better. I also know 363 is more elongated but I just want to know for a black cap toe Oxford, what is more suitable, in your experienced opinions.

I prefer the 337, however it is up to you what you like. Shoes look different in real life and when they're actually being worn.

A couple of photos of both shoes in the wild for you.

azumi

Reaction score
Both are very beautiful, Sir. I think I will buy the 337 for black shoes and maybe the 363 for a brown pair (calf or suede). Thank you for the photo.

Gilmour

Reaction score
First shot of my New to me but second hand Peal & Co for BB boots I beleave are basically A Coniston on the 240 last
I am not sure about the color accuracy it looks a little bit to red but that could just be my monitor they are Burgundy color.

Can anybody with these boots compare them to other C&J they have as to the grade, I have believe that they are above the Benchgrade standard but below the Handgrade is that right? when I look at them closely the stiching of the uppers is beautiful, I cant seem to pick anything that falls short of Handgrade but I do not have any handgrade to compare with.

Overall I love these they are by the best footware I have ever owned, and the fit is great

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to let you guys know that I’m organizing a GMTO C&J Harlech whiskey shell cordovan boot. See this post for more details and this post for pics of whiskey Harlechs from a previous GMTO.

I’m currently waiting to hear back from C&J on whether there is enough whiskey shell available. In the meantime, please PM me or reply in the C&J MTO thread if you’re interested. We need at least 12 people and currently have 5.

EDIT: I neglected to mention that the current pounds-dollars conversion rate should make the price of these boots significantly lower than usual. The rate could creep back up though, so I'd like to move quickly on this.

Last edited:

MDeKelver

Reaction score
EDIT: I neglected to mention that the current pounds-dollars conversion rate should make the price of these boots significantly lower than usual. The rate could creep back up though, so I'd like to move quickly on this.
If anyone wants to hedge currency, and doesn't have a British account, I think you can use your Paypal account, upload some cash, and convert it to sterling and let it sit. If you believe that the dollar is at its strongest, hedge 100%. If you are unsure, hedge 50%.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-Post from the C&J MTO Thread - Please see that thread for questions, discussion, etc… Thanks.

BIG SNOW MEANS SNOWDON TIME!
The Northeast is getting HAMMERED with snow right now. Don't you wish you had an ASS-KICKING BOOT WITH FULL BELLOWS TONGUE in which you could fearlessly face down the elements??? Of course, you do, goddammit, why am I even asking you that? Well then, time to sign on for the boot you wish you had now - at least you'll be ready for the next time around:

Snowdon: £550 - £458.33 (Approximately $688.78 but subject to exchange rate variability) excluding vat + shipping
- 228 Last
- Oak Wax Hide
- 5 Speed Hooks
- Full Bellows Tongue!
- Faux Stitch Captoe
- Commando Sole
- Veldtschoen
- Full Leather Lining? To be voted on.

12 Needed:
@budapest12
@Nikola
@laufer - Maybe
@68Bullitt

This is a boot you can wear through the worst of it, but pair it with some tweed trousers and you can also wear it to the office. The captoe will help dress it up nicely when you still need to go in to work in the sh*ttiest weather.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$688 is insanely good deal for all the folks living in the US!

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

X-Post from the C&J MTO Thread - Please see that thread for questions, discussion, etc…  Thanks.

BIG SNOW MEANS SNOWDON TIME!
The Northeast is getting HAMMERED with snow right now.  Don't you wish you had an ASS-KICKING BOOT WITH FULL BELLOWS TONGUE ​in which you could fearlessly face down the elements???   Of course, you do, goddammit, why am I even asking you that?  Well then, time to sign on for the boot you wish you had now - at least you'll be ready for the next time around:

Snowdon: £550 - £458.33 (Approximately $688.78 but subject to exchange rate variability) excluding vat + shipping
- 228 Last
- Oak Wax Hide
- 5 Speed Hooks
Full Bellows Tongue!
- Faux Stitch Captoe
- Commando Sole
- Veldtschoen
Full Leather Lining?  To be voted on.

12 Needed:
@budapest12

@Nikola

@laufer
 - Maybe
@68Bullitt

This is a boot you can wear through the worst of it, but pair it with some tweed trousers and you can also wear it to the office.  The captoe will help dress it up nicely when you still need to go in to work in the sh*ttiest weather.

$688 is insanely good deal for all the folks living in the US!

That is truly a great deal for anyone interested!!!!

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the Shoe Care thread. Just posting here in case anyone else has the Barney's version of the Wicklow. I had posted my Barney's Wicklows (center in the pic below) last October, wondering how to clean and condition the "robust oiled-hide leather," as C&J puts it, since they were looking a little worse for wear.

No one really seemed to know what to do with these, and C&J never responded. Obviously these are very casual boots. By now they were pretty much beat to hell and the leather had gotten really dry. I tried a little Renovateur on the back of the pull tab, which had already darkened somewhat from oils from my hand, and let it sit overnight. The Renovateur definitely darkened it further. As an experiment, since I didn't know exactly how else to treat and clean the leather, I decided to apply it to the whole shoe last night. Here's how it turned out:

In all honesty, I like them much better in the newer darker color! It's always nice when an experiment goes better than expected. We'll see how they look after some more wear. I'm still not really sure what the deal is with this leather.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

X-post from the Shoe Care thread. Just posting here in case anyone else has the Barney's version of the Wicklow. I had posted my Barney's Wicklows (center in the pic below) last October, wondering how to clean and condition the "robust oiled-hide leather," as C&J puts it, since they were looking a little worse for wear.

No one really seemed to know what to do with these, and C&J never responded. Obviously these are very casual boots. By now they were pretty much beat to hell and the leather had gotten really dry. I tried a little Renovateur on the back of the pull tab, which had already darkened somewhat from oils from my hand, and let it sit overnight. The Renovateur definitely darkened it further. As an experiment, since I didn't know exactly how else to treat and clean the leather, I decided to apply it to the whole shoe last night. Here's how it turned out:

In all honesty, I like them much better in the newer darker color! It's always nice when an experiment goes better than expected. We'll see how they look after some more wear. I'm still not really sure what the deal is with this leather.

I think they look much better now. Great job! Shows what the renovator can do overnight.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think they look much better now. Great job! Shows what the renovator can do overnight.

Thanks! That oiled-hide leather is really strange. I certainly don't have anything else like it. Now that they are darker it almost looks like CXL, but it's not. It almost has a kind of nap to it. Does anyone own the regular non-Barneys version of the Wicklow? How do you condition/clean it? I think the Wexford is the same leather as well.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a pair of the Peal & Co. punch caps on the 240 last after a few years of wear. I'm still a big fan of these.

rexet

Reaction score

Thanks! That oiled-hide leather is really strange. I certainly don't have anything else like it. Now that they are darker it almost looks like CXL, but it's not. It almost has a kind of nap to it. Does anyone own the regular non-Barneys version of the Wicklow? How do you condition/clean it? I think the Wexford is the same leather as well.

Funny I almost wrote that it looks like chromexel indeed!
I just ordered a pair of Coniston as my first pair of C&J and your photo make me want a pair of Wicklow now :p !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads