• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

NewYawker

Reaction score

C&J shell at London store

Russian Calf for New & Lingwood

Interesting - I did not know CJ carried that many shell colors. The burgundy looks great. Also, is the russian reindeer the leather pullled from the sunken ship? Looks pretty cool but dont know that I would go with a balmoral in that material. Boot would look awesome. Thanks for posting.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting - I did not know CJ carried that many shell colors.  The burgundy looks great.  Also, is the russian reindeer the leather pullled from the sunken ship?   Looks pretty cool but dont know that I would go with a balmoral in that material.  Boot would look awesome.  Thanks for posting.

Yeah sunken ship leather. And would prefer a boot as well but believe those can only be done bespoke from Cleverley now

fabius

Reaction score

@adebisi
 it appears to say "LECBURY".  Let's see, two-eyelets (check), squarish chiseled toe (check), and sounds like "TETBURY" (check).  Perhaps, we're looking at an early version or a special variation of the current 348 Tetbury boots.  Also, the above boots are in sand colour and have desert soles, which makes them closer to real desert boot than the present Tetbury.  Anyway, nice score -- especially if you intend them for hot climate/desert/beach use.

P.S. Welcome to the thread @Faster
!

LECBURY? Looks like LEDBURY to me, which goes along with the usual theme of being named after places (a town in Herefordshire).

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
LECBURY? Looks like LEDBURY to me, which goes along with the usual theme of being named after places (a town in Herefordshire).

@fabius the place name based naming convention is interesting. Thanks for clarifying that.

jssdc

Reaction score
A few weeks ago someone was kind enough to post a link to an online offer for Audleys, which I duly took advantage of. I had never owned the 337 before but figured for $450 I'd roll the dice and im quite happy that I did. The toe can look a touch blobby on the website photos or when viewed directly overhead, but from virtually every other angle it's a very elegant last (and the audley a very elegant shoe). In the interest of having more real-life shots of this great shoe, below is a first polish pic after 4-5 wears:

Also, aside-by-side with G&G MH71, as this is I think a good comparison that's not often made:

Colr

Reaction score
I popped in to the C&J shop today to try out a pair of Aintree derbies. I usually take a 9.5 wide or 10 standard but on measuring assistant suggested 9 E. I was sceptical but on trying them on they were incredably soft and comfortable. Don't know if this is a C&J size thing or its because their leather is much better but it surprised me.

MDeKelver

Reaction score
A few weeks ago someone was kind enough to post a link to an online offer for Audleys, which I duly took advantage of. I had never owned the 337 before but figured for $450 I'd roll the dice and im quite happy that I did. The toe can look a touch blobby on the website photos or when viewed directly overhead, but from virtually every other angle it's a very elegant last (and the audley a very elegant shoe). In the interest of having more real-life shots of this great shoe, below is a first polish pic after 4-5 wears:

Also, aside-by-side with G&G MH71, as this is I think a good comparison that's not often made:

Darn. Any left in 10UK at that price?

jssdc

Reaction score
Darn. Any left in 10UK at that price?

Looks like they've got a 10UK in black, and 9.5 and 10.5 in brown. Price is slightly higher at $467 (sale price of $584 and a 20% off coupon) but still a solid deal.

http://www.farfetch.com/ae/shopping/men/sale/shoes-2/items.aspx#ps=1&pv=60&oby=10&lsf=1&f1d0=15245

FWIW I was originally looking for a 8.5UK because that's what I've always bought in the 358 but as that was unavailable I took an 8 (after first trying it out on Jermyn St). The half-size down is slightly more snug but on the whole fits much better than the 358 as it's broken in a bit.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Darn.  Any left in 10UK at that price?

Looks like they've got a 10UK in black, and 9.5 and 10.5 in brown.  Price is slightly higher at $467 (sale price of $584 and a 20% off coupon) but still a solid deal.

http://www.farfetch.com/ae/shopping/men/sale/shoes-2/items.aspx#ps=1&pv=60&oby=10&lsf=1&f1d0=15245

FWIW I was originally looking for a 8.5UK because that's what I've always bought in the 358 but as that was unavailable I took an 8 (after first trying it out on Jermyn St). The half-size down is slightly more snug but on the whole fits much better than the 358 as it's broken in a bit.

The Audley is a very nice, conservative shoe - but not boring. I own it in dark brown Antique. Off topic, C&J's HG dark brown antique is one of the best dark browns on the market, IMO, and I am comparing it with the likes of EG's dark oak, G&G's vintage oak, and JL's dark brown museum.

Your link is to Farfetch. I have ordered Handgrades from them in the past (model: Leeds). Service was great and got free DHL Express shipping ($620-ish, duties included). The sale price noted above is almost comical. Nice score.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding another pair of CJs to the arsenal. Can anyone help out with a sizing question here?

I already own the tetbury calf chukka - wondering if I should purchase either the Islay or northcote in the same size.

Can anyone help out?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads